I'm jealous.....

roebud

So where do all you wonderful fellow cruisers find the time to post such extensive, elaborate, and entertaining reviews of your cruises? And may I add all the beautiful pictures showing the obviously well planned itineraries, packing and detailed daily events?

I have all I can do to get ready for a cruise and too exhausted afterwards to buy out the time to post pictures and write incredible reviews.

I benefit so much from all your reviews and know I am not alone in my appreciation of all your time, energy, and passion you devote to expand our knowledge, rekindle past cruise memories, and wet our appetite to book another cruise.

BUT.......I am still jealous!!

Rose

So where do all you wonderful fellow cruisers find the time to post such extensive, elaborate, and entertaining reviews of your cruises? And may I add all the beautiful pictures showing the obviously well planned itineraries, packing and detailed daily events?

I have all I can do to get ready for a cruise and too exhausted afterwards to buy out the time to post pictures and write incredible reviews.

I benefit so much from all your reviews and know I am not alone in my appreciation of all your time, energy, and passion you devote to expand our knowledge, rekindle past cruise memories, and wet our appetite to book another cruise.

BUT.......I am still jealous!!

Rose

For me, posting a picture review or doing a live blog is all part of my vacation. For my DW shopping is the important part of the vacation do at least my obsession is cheaper. :eek:

Bill

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

I can write a standard review but I do not make detailed notes or blog while on holiday. Many people, like Bill, find that a part of the holiday experience. PLEASE, everyone that does, keep it up, so many of us LOVE your postings!!! And like Rose, I am jealous too.

Agree with Bill. The live trip reports are more or less part of the cruise adventure. Would actually seem weird to not do it. Doesn't really take that much time out of your vacation.

Only time it can take time and maybe frustrating is if pictures uploading via wifi is taking longer than planned and those wifi minutes are ticking away. I once spent almost an hour trying to get a couple posts up on events from the prior few hours. Was very frustrating, but worth it and all part of the cruising experience. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Up until now, with the exception of our Barcelona TA, I haven't posted a detailed review and wished I had. I am hoping at the end of our Australia trip next year I will be able to share with everyone here our family trip to Australia/NZ, which will involve 3 cruises and 9 days of sight seeing in and and outside Sydney. I have loved reading and seeing the photos of others travels here on CC.:) Since it will be a long trip, 54 days, perhaps I better get started writting something or it may take another year just to get it here.:D

Gay

I can only imagine that doing them creates a memory album for yourself and family too, sort of like online scrapbooking.

Bill....Your wife and I share similar genes, I like the shopping part too.

Gay....Will be looking forward to reading your review. We almost booked the Aussie cruise but doing the 14 day Spanish Med instead.

jagsfan....Will look up that review, Thanks

I guess I could say that I'm blessed with a job that gives me tons of hours to kill. I usually type my reviews on my phone's notepad and then when I get to a computer, I just copy and paste it.

My 3 latests reviews are linked in my signature (the one to Alaska with pictures) :D

Ever since I joined CC I love reading the reviews and they were so informative and helpful for me. I then decided that every cruise I would take the time to write a detailed review. I did a live blog when I was on the Allure it took about an 45 minutes each day to gather my notes from the previous days activities to make sure I captured everything I wanted to post. I received positive feedback but it was a bit more time consuming than a normal review which I post about a week after I return home from my cruise.

I did a review once in the past. It took a lot longer to do than I thought it would. I think the most annoying part for me though is having to upload all my pictures onto an internet website. I wish I could do it directly to CC from my computer instead. Oh well. I don't even remember if I finished that review... I hope I did! It's too old now to go back. :o

I'm hoping to write a review on my Allure cruise next month. Not that CC needs another Allure review. But I'm enjoying everyone else's so much why not do another?

The cruise doesn't end just because it's over. It ends when you forget the memories. And the memories are too important to forget, so I take notes during the cruise and compose a journal after I get home. Sometimes I even post the journal. ;)

I journaled my trip to WDW with my DD when she was 5 and then waited till she was 15 or 16 to bring it out. We spent several evenings reading it and re-living it. It was intriguing to discover I'd forgotten a number of things that I had written about. But more interesting were her recollections of what that 5-year old mind had processed of each of those experiences.

I now wish I'd done comprehensive journalling when I had traveled the country by motor home in the 80s ... what a treasure that would be!

I do a bit of a blog as travelling.

Sometimes even just dot points. When I get time I write it up properly, up date the blog (see links below) then elaborate even more and have it published in digital scrap books. Then I can put in hundreds of photos and the story in great details.

I absolutely love going back and reading them years later.

I also see the blog version as a form of insurance. We were caught up in the Canberra bush fires where over 500 houses in the suburbs went. We didn't loose the house - only stables, sheds and many, many thousands of dollars of gear. We were so lucky.

I am now very vigilant of backing up on blogs and Facebook. If I ever loose the lot I will be able to get much of it back!

Keep reviewing you good people.

Raina

roebud, this has been a long awaited trip for us, and we promised our daughter, should we ever be able to take a trip to Aust & NZ, we would pay for her cruise. As you see by my signature, we begin with the 13 day NZ, 9 days sightseeing around Sydney, then the 18 day Transpacific and 12 day Hawaii home. the daughter is sharing a room with DH sister as she joined us on our adventure.:) The daughter is helping by paying her own air, accomodations and tours but we covered the 3 cruises. :)

Gay

I agree with some of the previous posters - my reviews are memory books for me. I love looking back at them and remembering some incredible trips.

I actually decided for our June Alaska cruise to do a separate blog and just link it for my Cruise Critic friends (in my signature). As much as I love CC reviews, sometimes it's hard to find specific information or sort through all the posts. It's not for everyone, but I enjoyed making it, and I enjoy even more looking at it now!

Yes, it was very time-consuming, but I am fortunate that I work part time and had the hours to do it in the weeks after the cruise. Now when people ask about the cruise, I can just send them the link. They can read as much or as little as they like! I also included as many planning links as I could think of.

I think a lot of it is personality, too - my DH would never think of doing a review!

When I started reading reviews for my recent cruise I got a lot of information, tips, recommendations from them. Originally, I had never throught of doing one myself, but as the cruise came closer I decided to return the favor and write one myself, and it was a lot more detailed than I had expected (although a lot less pictures than some of the mega-reviews - I agree with an above poster that uploading the pics was one of the most time-consuming parts). Due to life getting in the way it took me almost two months to complete.

Besides being able to help out the CC community, writing the review also helps to extend the vacation for me -- kind of like metaphorically re-living the experiences.

For everyone that does provide reviews, short or long, I thank you for sharing your experiences, and for any help and insight that you have provided me to help make my last cruise such a gret sucess!

As a side note, at first I was only reading reviews for the ship I was going to be sailing on, but started reading reviews for other ships (mostly in the region I was sailing), I still was able to get a great amount of information from them as well.

We were originally going to be cruising next in 2015, but I was just given the green light by the boss (my DW) to look for cruising options for next year. In regards to the review of this potential cruise, I will approach the vacation differently -- I will try to take better notes pre-cruise and maintain my notes more diligently, in addition, I will also take more photographs from the point of view of a reviewer instead of just a vacationer (e.g., less sunrises/sunsets & more pictures of the various venues aboard the ship).

I journaled my trip to WDW with my DD when she was 5 and then waited till she was 15 or 16 to bring it out. We spent several evenings reading it and re-living it. It was intriguing to discover I'd forgotten a number of things that I had written about. But more interesting were her recollections of what that 5-year old mind had processed of each of those experiences.

That is part of it for me too, being able to go back later and relive the fun we had on the vacation. That is why I try to put in as many pictures as I can too.

We have our Panama Canal cruise coming up in November and I will probably blog again. Still working on the logistics though. :)

Bill

After I write a review, I always print it off and put it in the file I've made for that cruise. For each cruise, I keep a file with the RCCL brochure, a printout of my booking confirmations, all of the cruise compasses from that week, my seapass statement, any maps I picked up in the ports, seapass cards, and of course my review. It's a wonderful compilation at my fingertips should I never need to go back and research something...or should I just want to walk down memory lane!

Those of us who don't write a review really appreciate all the work done by those of you who do.

We learn interesting things about the ship we're going to sail on.

We laugh at the funny things that happen to you.

And we feel like we're friends when we get to the end.

Those of us who don't write a review really appreciate all the work done by those of you who do.

We learn interesting things about the ship we're going to sail on.

We laugh at the funny things that happen to you.

And we feel like we're friends when we get to the end.

Very well said and just how I feel.

Just wondering what type of camera works best for these type of reviews?

Those of you who mentioned that this is part of a memory for you and your family, how true! Your reviews of your cruises will no doubt spark more warm memories than mine. There are so many details I generally forget.

Next cruise booked is 14 day Spanish medley September 2014. Wondering when I should start the attempt to document my first cruise :confused:

Rose

Archived