"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Mark, thanks so much, as always, for the extra efforts taking us along on your cruise to Bermuda's Dockyard. This itinerary was our favorite on Enchantment. We're on Grandeur this coming Thanksgiving week, and we're counting down the days already. Hope you have a terrific landing this afternoon, and bright sunny skies while you're there. :)

I walked back to the Promenade Deck AFT as the view was wonderful. You can still see where some of the damage was from the fire . . .There was some painting going on, and fresh welds were being primed and treated. Over 20 New Viking Inflatable Life rafts (Barrels) were there due to the destruction caused by the fire. Some of the decks were treated and all surfaces have fresh paint.

Do you have any knowledge about the aft balconies that couldn't be used after the fire? I'm in 8088 in Nov. and I'm hoping all is well back there. Thanks.

We are anxiously awaiting pics from Bermuda! And checking out port cams that aren't cooperating ;)

Welcome back to Bermuda Radio!

Edited: GOTCHA! There you are!

Thanks Michele. . .We have arrived !

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello everyone . . . We have arrived. We are currently tied up at Kings Wharf Bermuda and we are directly behind Norwegian Dawn (at Heritage Pier). We shall remain tied to the dock for 2 nights until Tuesday at noon.

I could see land by around 11:30, and we picked up the pilot over near St Georges (at the cut) Grandeur took the most southern channel to the West End so passengers could enjoy the scenery. It took a little longer (due to slow speeds), but passengers seemed to enjoy it.

We have hot sun and blue skies. . .It is very good weather.

The Captain has just announced that all passengers are allowed to go ashore, so without much discussion . . . Here are a few pics from our arrival.

I will try to hop on later tonight.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .

Radio

I can see Bermuda in the distance.

C12.JPG

We see St. David’s Lighthouse on the East side of the island.

C15.JPG

The Pilot will board at the entrance to the channel.

C14.JPG

We pass by Ft St. Catherine on our way to the West end.

C16.JPG

We navigate through the narrow canned on the north side of Bermuda

C17.JPG

I love the contrast of Blue Skies, and Blue Seas. . .

C18.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

It appears to be easy to tell where the deep and shallow water begins. . .

C19.JPG

We can see the NCL Dawn up ahead.

C21.JPG

Bermuda tug, Faithful helps to guide us into port . C22.JPG

Grandeur of the Seas approaches the Pier at Kings Wharf slowly

C23.JPG

Ahhh . . . We have a lot to see, and only 2 nights to see it. . .

C24.JPG

Here is the route we tracked as we approached the pier.

C25.JPG

Radio,

Love, love, love your live posts!! Pictures are a bonus. Subscribed so I won't miss a minute.

Quick question...have heard of unpleasant odors on the Grandeur. Any confirmation to those rumors?

Have a great time in Bermuda.

Radio,

Love, love, love your live posts!! Pictures are a bonus. Subscribed so I won't miss a minute.

Quick question...have heard of unpleasant odors on the Grandeur. Any confirmation to those rumors?

Have a great time in Bermuda.

I can confirm as of last week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1906931

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Radio, a question, if I may. The top picture on post #207 shows you sailing, slowly, into the wonderful King's Wharf with Bermuda in the distance. Is that the port stabilizer visible below the surface of the water?

You read my mind and posted first! I believe it has to be a stabilizer! It sure isn't a Beluga...or a piece about to fall off! :D:eek::p

I can confirm as of last week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1906931

First, my apologies to Radio for the slight hijack. Lokip53, thank you for your input. We cruised the Grandeur once and DH, who has a less than efficient nose, had a terrible time of the smell. I literally had to cover the drain with a washcloth any time we were in the cabin not to be inundated with sewage smell. I couldn't tell you our cabin number, but I will check my files. DH prefers other RCCL ships, and will always ask when I book a cruise, "That's not that ship that smelled is it?" :( Thanks again, Lokip53 for the input.

OK...now back to our regularly scheduled LIVE! report with Radio. :)

Hi Mark,

Happy to hear you are having your usual great time and very nice about the Cpt. table invite. You were certainly good company on my Celebrity cruise awhile back.

A question if you can find out. I will be boarding on the 5th as you are leaving. Can you find out if the Ravens vs. Broncos game will be shown on the ship? Thanks so much. Hopefully, I can stop agonizing about it. :)

Anne

First, my apologies to Radio for the slight hijack. Lokip53, thank you for your input. We cruised the Grandeur once and DH, who has a less than efficient nose, had a terrible time of the smell. I literally had to cover the drain with a washcloth any time we were in the cabin not to be inundated with sewage smell. I couldn't tell you our cabin number, but I will check my files. DH prefers other RCCL ships, and will always ask when I book a cruise, "That's not that ship that smelled is it?" :( Thanks again, Lokip53 for the input.

OK...now back to our regularly scheduled LIVE! report with Radio. :)

My pleasure. I had the same concerns as my wife has the nose of a bloodhound.

Thanks to megr1125 for sending me the image of us at the Pier ! ;)

Radio

;);)

We have "Landed"

GRBDA.JPG

You're welcome there sir....

I will send you my bill....next time I happen to be on the same ship as you, I will take a Venti Americano please...thanks.....(Starbucks should put that stuff in bottles.....)

Enjoy Bermuda....

Radio, Loving your review as usual. Your pictures are fantastic and you are making me wish my March, 2014 Grandeur cruise was much closer. Looks like you have a standard balcony cabin which is what we are going to have. Love, love, love the new higher table on the balcony. It looks big enough to have a little breakfast on instead of the usual little low table. We were on the Grandeur in 2004 and we had an aft JS with the fantastic large balcony. This time, I'm 12 years older, so opted for a cabin close to the elevators. It is a little trek back to the aft cabins, but the balcony size and the view of the wake was wonderful. We were on deck 8 under the spa and if anyone is wondering about noise overhead, we never heard anything. We did hear loud partying down below from the crew when out on the balcony late at night, but as soon as we went in the cabin and shut the slider; no noise. I hope after my husband sees this review, he will be open to taking a Bermuda cruise. Thanks for doing this. Luvs

Hello everyone . . . We only had a short day shore today, but it was very nice. The weather is wonderful, and the sun was very hot. I went over to rent a scooter from Oleanders, and for the first time I had to wait in line. But the agent there was ringing passengers up with her eyes closed, so it went very quick.

Today we just went shopping at few places near. . .We picked up a few supplies, and gifts. The Clocktower Mall closes at, but should be open later for Destination Dockyard, a festival of sorts for the Cruise Ship passengers of both ships that are here. The Cruise lines usually supply some musical or comedic entertainment, while local vendors set up shop just next to the Clocktower Mall. The famous Gombey troupe will also perform.

The Dockyard has a great Wi-Fi value. TBI set up the whole dockyard for Wi-Fi use at a very affordable rate. You can even use it if you are on the ship (and you have a balcony cabin on the dock side)

Tonight will be a short night, as I must get up early to explore Bermuda tomorrow. We may go to St. Georges, or Hamilton, and maybe horseshoe Bay beach. I never know where I will go while in Bermuda (until I actually arrive there). We will just have to wait and see.

Here are a few pics from today. . .Thanks for all of the very nice comments.

Radio

Welcome to Bermuda

C26.JPG

The FREE Dockyard shuttle will take passengers over to the shops.

C27.JPG

The Dockyard is very busy as passengers wait in line for the SeaExpress Ferry

C28.JPG

We must travel (with scooters) on a one way pace around past Snorkel Park Beach and the Maritime Museum.

C29.JPG

Clocktower Mall ahs some very nice shops, and some real tourist gift shops. . .

C32.JPG

Tomorrow will be the last Destination Dockyard of 2013.

C31.JPG

Here are a few more pics . . . more pics tomorrow.

Radio

The Rhode Island Fast Ferry and Norwegian Dawn

C33.JPG

A view of Grandeur of the Sea from up near Westgate

C34.JPG

Grandeur appears very beautiful and peaceful while docked at the pier.

C35.JPG

My “Home” for the next few nights.

C36.JPG

I make my way back for dinner. . .

C38.JPG

Archived