Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

I think it's very helpful and glad they put together the tour forming and sharing info, especially helpful for those who are new to this kind of travel. Doesn't matter to me where they are incorporated, they've always done a great job for us!

Just returned from a med cruise and we are very happy with our service from

Rome in limo.

We had Franco who was excellent. Very personable and waiting punctually with a sign with our name on it at the airport.

We booked a shortened Etruscan tour with a transfer to our hotel in citavecchia.

Jany was readily available with answer to the many questions I had while deciding on the right tour. I would highly recommend Rome in limo

Kerri

Can you please tell me more about you Etruscan day, I am very interested in that itinerary :)

Can you please tell me more about you Etruscan day, I am very interested in that itinerary :)

We did a shortened version. The regular one also goes to another town Cieri?

We went to Tarquinia only. First we stopped at the Etruscan tombs. There were quite a few of them built into the hillside. You went down the stairs into the tomb and you could see into room that had all artwork on the walls. I only went down a few while my daughter and husband looked at more. I was just tired from flight from ny with no sleep. I happily rested at a beautiful spot that had a view of countryside.

After it was to the Etruscan museum. I enjoyed this. Amazing how so many things preserved. An hour is plenty of time for sure. We were all exhausted... would have explored the town a little more if we weren't. Next off to a seaside cafe for lunch. Not sure which town but it was near citavechia. This was where we were getting dropped off.

Our driver Franco was great, ridefrom airport to Etruscan area very pleasant.

Happy planning

Kerri

We went to Tarquinia only. First we stopped at the Etruscan tombs. There were quite a few of them built into the hillside. You went down the stairs into the tomb and you could see into room that had all artwork on the walls. I only went down a few while my daughter and husband looked at more. I was just tired from flight from ny with no sleep. I happily rested at a beautiful spot that had a view of countryside.

After it was to the Etruscan museum. I enjoyed this. Amazing how so many things preserved. An hour is plenty of time for sure. We were all exhausted... would have explored the town a little more if we weren't. Next off to a seaside cafe for lunch. Not sure which town but it was near citavechia. This was where we were getting dropped off.

Happy planning

Kerri

Thank you so very much for your review Kerry, this is very helpful and I really appreciate it.

We just back from a cruise on Celebrity Constellation and again booked Rome In Limo for an airport pickup and Rome in A Day on Day 1, Assisi/Todi/Orvieto on Day 2, Alternative Tuscany on Day 3 when they dropped us off at our hotel to board the cruise ship the next day. We used them again a few days later for Catania and Taormina. For the first three days we had the same driver, Luca (aka Big Luca). For Catania and Taormina we had another Luca. This is the second time we have used Rome In Limo in 6 years and will not hesitate to use them should I plan another trip to Italy in the future. Oh, and I discovered that six years later, Jany was still as responsive as she was in 2011.

We did a shared tour with RIL that I set up. Their website is an easy way to get more travelers to join in and see the sights with a small group (8 people). Our guide Simona was knowledgeable about Florence and Pisa, got us some great gelato and managed to keep everybody in the group happy (different wishes/wants). I really appreciated our tour and can really recommend them if you are looking for a safe, well organized tour that doesn't have to cost a fortune.

Just back from a western Med cruise during which we had a shared tour with RIL for the ports of La Spezia and Naples.

I was satisfied with both tours although neither would get full marks, for different reasons.

La Spezia:

We had to first take a port shuttle bus to the port gates. The driver met us there and then we had to walk about five minutes to the tour van. No big deal doing that. The driver was excellent in knowledge and had water on board for us. He was good at relating to us and helping us off the van. His English was quite good and he was very pleasant. The van was air conditioned.

My negative points, which were no big deal either was that he never stopped talking. He told us there was free wifi in the van after we arrived in Florence. He took us to try access the Piazza Michelangelo viewpoint to discover it was all closed off for the Giro d'Italia. Felt he should have been aware of that in advance. I can't decide whether he was a good or bad driver but he was very good at just about avoiding three crashes on the motorway. Brakes must have been amazing.Difficult to hear unless sitting up in the front beside him. The microphone was broken and being replaced. If sitting to the left side it was very bumpy and uncomfortable.

Overall I would give this excursion a 7-8/10. He did ask about our preferences and tried his best to accommodate everyone with their booking times for museums, tower of Pisa etc. Instructions for cafes and meeting point and time were clear. Most importantly they were very conscious about getting us back to port on time.

Naples: We easily met our driver here, without having to walk far. This driver was also very talkative but very witty and entertaining. He was also a fount of information but his wit was more appreciated. A good driver. No water or wifi offered in this van but it was alot more comfortable and easier to get in and out of. Air conditioning was on. Our driver was good at explaining where we could eat and clear about meeting point and time. We visited Positano and Sorrento and stopped on both Amalfi and Sorrento coasts for photos. We had an hour in Positano and two hours in Sorrento. In the afternoon we had two hours in Pompeii with a guide. This guide was very informative, very pleasant and had good crowd avoiding strategies. I did not enjoy Pompeii as much as I had expected to. The guide was definitely needed there but felt I saw little in two hours and would recommend at least three hours here as it is huge. We were well back to the port on time and I would give this tour a 9/10.

Second tour with RIL was definitely better but I would book with them again.

RIL has been my tour company of choice for years and I have never been disappointed. I second the recommendation for a guide to the Vatican, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Cinqua Terre....all were fantastic and very helpful. I have done Pompeii without a guide and thought it interesting, but the guide made it come alive.

I've done many tours and never waited for a driver, always returned to the ship with time to spare, always had a great driver and agree that Jany never sleeps.

Looking forward to being back with RIL again in October.

Alice:)

• 2 weeks later...

We used RomeinLimo for all our ports the week of May 7, 2017.

All the tours were 5 plus exceptionally. The drivers that we had were amazing and went out of their way. Nick we had in Rome was beyond amazing. We got to Rome in 70 mins and he showed us everything you can imagine. He knew all the short cuts. We had Barbra for our private guide into the Vatican. She was exceptionally. Our other tour guides were also exceptionally in the other ports, Vinny and Diego.

We decided to see Lucca with Florence instead of Pisa. We were so glad we did. Vinny was amazing. We also went to Postiano, Sorrento and Pompeii. Pompeii is a must see with a private guide. That was something I will always remember.

RomeinLimo made our honeymoon special and we will definitely be using them again. We had 7 in our group instead of a bus of 50 that the cruise lines give you. You can't go wrong using them. Many of my friends used them and they are rated number one on Trip Advisor.

We used Rome in Limo three times on our recent cruise. All were wonderful and so far superior to anything you book through the cruise lines... far more value. Really...go with someone you meet on the Roll call or opt for their shared excursions option.

We used RIL 3 weeks ago for a pickup at FCO, a 3 hour tour of Rome and a drop off at our hotel. The service was perfect, the driver was waiting for us outside the arrivals door, which was great as it took the better part of an hour for our flights luggage to show up. The tour was a great introduction to Rome and after flying for almost 13 hours it was exactly what we needed to adjust slowly to the new time zone. We also so used RIL for the transfer to the port, couldn't have been any easier for two parents and a young boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RIL is an American company incorporated in Florida, they didn't have to look far for a native speaker.

I knew i had heard this somewhere before. This is why I prefer to book with a local independent company.

A member of our Roll Call organized a shared tour in Sicily with RIL. Getting a reservation online could not have been easier. This was the second RIL tour the fellow cruiser had put together so we got a discount. In Siciliy (port of Catania) we wanted to see Mt. Etna and Taormina. Luca was our driver, he spoke perfect English with a fun, authentic, Italian accent, he's very knowledgeable and drove safely and efficiently. Our group of 8 was picked up promptly. We rode in a nice and very clean Mercedes passenger van, he provided water.

On the drive to Mt. Etna we stopped for a break in a town just at the bottom of the mountain. Nice stop. Mt. Etna was awesome, we went to the first and the second platforms, getting out and walking around. I got some incredible photos at both. We never felt rushed.

Taormina was lovely with it's architecture and natural beauty. My foodie goal for the island was to have Cannoli, I was not dissapointed. The town was full of military and police, all getting ready for the G7 Summit. They were kind to move out of your picture frame, but if not, they added to your photo story. Many stylishly dressed, I thought it was amusing. Great shops in Taormina.

On the return to the ship, Luca described a little of Sicily; it's history and culture.

All in all a very pleasant day spent with Luca, I would certainly book with RIL in the future and highly recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...
A member of our Roll Call organized a shared tour in Sicily with RIL. Getting a reservation online could not have been easier. This was the second RIL tour the fellow cruiser had put together so we got a discount. In Siciliy (port of Catania) we wanted to see Mt. Etna and Taormina. Luca was our driver, he spoke perfect English with a fun, authentic, Italian accent, he's very knowledgeable and drove safely and efficiently. Our group of 8 was picked up promptly. We rode in a nice and very clean Mercedes passenger van, he provided water.

On the drive to Mt. Etna we stopped for a break in a town just at the bottom of the mountain. Nice stop. Mt. Etna was awesome, we went to the first and the second platforms, getting out and walking around. I got some incredible photos at both. We never felt rushed.

Taormina was lovely with it's architecture and natural beauty. My foodie goal for the island was to have Cannoli, I was not dissapointed. The town was full of military and police, all getting ready for the G7 Summit. They were kind to move out of your picture frame, but if not, they added to your photo story. Many stylishly dressed, I thought it was amusing. Great shops in Taormina.

On the return to the ship, Luca described a little of Sicily; it's history and culture.

All in all a very pleasant day spent with Luca, I would certainly book with RIL in the future and highly recommend them.

Thank you very so much for your review, we will be there in Oct :)

Happy planning

Kerri

We went to Tarquinia on the bus from Civitavecchia. Our main purpose was to visit the Etruscan tombs/museum, but we really loved the town. Definitely a real city - not just a tourist destination. I would love to spend more time there.

We used RomeinLimo for a recent day tour from Civitavecchia. Our driver, Nick, was wonderful. He was prompt (even early), full of interesting information, and a conscientious driver. Part of our day was a visit to Orvieto and it turned out to be a big holiday and festival while we were there. We had plans to meet Nick in front of the Duomo and because of the celebrations, the place was packed. But Nick found us, guided us and even found a wonderful restaurant for lunch for the seven of us. The vehicle was great too, very large and comfortable with good air conditioning. Would definitely use them again.

I highly recommend ROME IN LIMO. We booked them and Alberto was great. He spoke beautiful English and enlightened us on the history of what sites we were seeing. The Mercedes Van was pristine and very comfortable. I highly recommend this company.

We have booked RomeInLimo for all three of our Italy stops - and everything I have read about them has been top-notch. They have suggested that we use a private guide on our tour of the Vatican at a cost of 150 Euros. Just wondering if anyone has used the private guide provided/suggested by RomeInLimo and either glad they did or thought it was a waste of money. Perhaps others have used private guides through other tour services as well - perhaps they can comment on this question as well.

We used RomeInLimo for tours in Florence, Pisa, Rome and the Vatican. The guided tour of the Vatican was fabulous. Our guide, Francesca, was so knowledgeable! You can't put a price on this experience! Do it!

We have booked RomeInLimo for all three of our Italy stops - and everything I have read about them has been top-notch. They have suggested that we use a private guide on our tour of the Vatican at a cost of 150 Euros. Just wondering if anyone has used the private guide provided/suggested by RomeInLimo and either glad they did or thought it was a waste of money. Perhaps others have used private guides through other tour services as well - perhaps they can comment on this question as well.

We used RomeInLimo for Naples, Rome and Florence and they were terrific. We did use their private guide for the Vatican and it was worth every penny (euro). This was my 3rd time at Vatican and first time for a guide and it was great. There is also a short cut from Sistine Chapel to St Peter's basilica and only the guides can use it - well worth it.

We have used Rome in Limo 4 times in Italy and Sicily. Our most recent trip was June 12 and 13, 2017 Naples and Sicily.......They are wonderful. Prompt, professional and knowledgable. Always early to pick us up at the cruise port and return to the port in plenty of time. Our drivers, have been Carlo in Rome, Diego in Salerno and Naples, Rafaela in Naples, Luca and Carmelo in Sicily. The company is easy to work with through email from the states. We were a group of 14 this time and a group of 6 the last time. The drivers know the best places to visit along the way ( the best cannoli in Sicily) and have the timing down to the minute. We all had a wonderful experience with Rome in Limo and highly recommend the company. Can't wait for our next trip to Italy to use them once again!

We have used Rome in Limo 4 times in Italy and Sicily. Our most recent trip was June 12 and 13, 2017 Naples and Sicily.......They are wonderful. Prompt, professional and knowledgable. Always early to pick us up at the cruise port and return to the port in plenty of time. Our drivers, have been Carlo in Rome, Diego in Salerno and Naples, Rafaela in Naples, Luca and Carmelo in Sicily. The company is easy to work with through email from the states. We were a group of 14 this time and a group of 6 the last time. The drivers know the best places to visit along the way ( the best cannoli in Sicily) and have the timing down to the minute. We all had a wonderful experience with Rome in Limo and highly recommend the company. Can't wait for our next trip to Italy to use them once again!

We have used them several times also in the last 10 years and just set up another trip for 2018 that will take us briefly through Italy and I will be contacting them again, could not imagine working with anyone else....they are THAT good.....:)

We have used RMI (Rome in Limo) for our excursions in Italy in conjunction with a 7 day cruise from Barcelona. 7/18/17 thru 7/25/17....,, As usual, they did not disappoint us! We had a greartour of Pompeii and Naples with Stefano, as our driver. He dis a great job filling us in on the sites in transit to Pompeii and along along the Almafi coast. We enjoyed a great tour for the time allotted and we're back to the ship as promised, with time to spare. We also used RIM for our tour of Rome. Maurizio did an excellent job, with the crowds and traffic in making sure we were able to see all promised in such a short period of time.

Rome needs way more time, but we saw a tremendous amount in a short period of time. Then on to Pisa and Florence! What a joy. Laura mad the experience extra special ! What a joy she was.... very knowledgeable and made the trip great!We were given a wealth of knowledge of the countryside in route, and the cities of Pisa and Florence came alive with its history. Thanks to Jany at the main office, he made my organizing of these trips, easy. I will use Rome In Limo whenever I travel in their business scope! Thank you again RIM for a great trip! Mary Hulewicz

Our family of eight just returned from a wonderful cruise onthe Reflection. Embarkation anddisembarkation was Civitavecchia, with ports-of-call of Malta, Sicily, theGreek Islands, Athens and Naples. Because we’d used Rome In Limo on a previous trip to Italy, it was ourfirst and only go-to choice for Sicily and Naples. Like our previous experience with them, weweren’t disappointed!

Our drivers, Luca (Sicily) and Alex (Naples) wereexceptionally courteous, polite and very knowledgeable about the areas we weretouring. One in our party has difficultywalking, even short distances, but the drivers always found a way around anyobstacles to assure a safe place for her to get in and out of the van. A very big plus! They planned, as much as they could, toschedule our arrivals at the various venues, for us to miss most of the crowds,and they made us all feel just a little special.

The only disappointment we had was not using them for theairport to cruise port and airport return connections. Those that we used gave us a miserable startand ending to an otherwise exceptional family cruise.

Without a doubt, it will be Rome In Limo, again!

Quem Fala (Lou J.)

• 3 weeks later...