Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

I have a question. If I book the cruise excursion called Rome Highlights at 550 euro for a group of 4, for instance, does this include a guide at the Vatican? Or is that an additional charge?

The guide is an additional charge....AND well worth it.....

Thank you for your reply. Do you recall how much more?

I'm not sure, it was about 6 years ago, so I imagine it's more now. I think it was around 120 Euros, but I could be wrong, just email Jany, she will let you know. I just know that we felt it was very much worth the cost....the Vatican museums are huge and having a guide that knows how to get you past AND through the crowds makes it a much better afternoon, at least that's how we felt.

I'm not sure, it was about 6 years ago, so I imagine it's more now. I think it was around 120 Euros, but I could be wrong, just email Jany, she will let you know. I just know that we felt it was very much worth the cost....the Vatican museums are huge and having a guide that knows how to get you past AND through the crowds makes it a much better afternoon, at least that's how we felt.

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question. If I book the cruise excursion called Rome Highlights at 550 euro for a group of 4, for instance, does this include a guide at the Vatican? Or is that an additional charge?

I would highly recommend you to contact the tour company and ask them your question!

We used RIL for our Rome tour and it couldn't have been better. Also at the Vatican they arranged our own tour guide who was excellent. I always remember her name. It was Mary. Perfect for touring the Vatican. She was able to get us around any lines and we had a very busy tour and saw everything we wanted to. I would do that again. One of the best tours we've been on.

Hello!

I have used Romeinlimo on 2 different cruises to 5 ports total. Hands down they are my favorite tour company after 30 cruises.

I highly recommend that you email jany@romeinlimo. com with all of your questions. She'll come up with a tour that will exceed your expectations.

If you have any questions for me, I'll be

happy to answer.

We had a great 2 day tour with Romeinlimo on July 29th in Rome and on July 30th doing the hill towns on the way to Florence. Luca was our driver and he did an excellent job getting us to all the places we wanted to see and even took us to great lunch stops. I would highly recommend this company for a wonderful tour experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reply here to talk about great tours we had in Italy earlier this month. We had Luca in Sicily for an Etna Adventure that you can read more about on TA. But since they won't let you post a 2nd review there while one is pending, I'll talk about our other here.

We had Angelo provide a tour of Etruscan museum and necropolis in Tarquinia. For me the museum was the better part. I did appreciate the tombs at the necropolis, but after a while in the 95 degree heat they start to all look the same. Still, it's amazing that so much ancient pre-Roman history is so well preserved. It's absolutely worth it for that aspect alone.

After Tarquinia we were taken to the village of Ceri where aside from the amazing reviews, we had a fantastic (long) lunch overlooking the Italian countryside. It was a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

It was capped by a gelato stop on the way back to our ship. Overall RomeInLimo provided a great experience and a great driver in Angelo.

Rome in Limo

We used Rome in Limo for 3 Italy Ports on our Freedom of the Seas 7 Day Med Cruise. They are the best.

LaSpezia-Vinny was our driver and he was fantastic. We were traveling with another couple so we had an SUV in each port. Clean and comfortable. Vinny had a sign with our name and we were off. We started the day in Bohgerhi which was an hour from the port. The entire ride Vinny gave us details of the countryside and discussed our options for the day. He took us to a charming winery were we tasted wine, olive oil and took in the beautiful Tuscan scenery. He then brought us for the best lunch of our trip. We then proceeded to Lucca, took in the enchanting squares and saw the house were Puccini lived. Vinny had cold water for us in the car and asked frequently if we were comfortable. Outstanding day!

Next day was Rome- Claudio was our driver. We visited all of the sites in Rome and addition of the Vatican at Claudio's urging. He was kind enough to tell us that the crowds would be minimal. This was an added surprise. We had lunch at an indoor restaurant which was good.

Naples our driver was Alex- we started in Sorrento with Lemomchello at 9:00 am- Charming and delightful. We then moved on to the amazing drive down the Amalfi coast for pictures and scenery of a lifetime. Alex stopped frequently and took photos of us. Next was Positano and then a lunch up in the hills. It was relaxing and beautiful. The food and wine just kept coming! Alex never rushed us and but kept an eye on the time. We were then off to Pompeii. We had a guide - another amazing site. Alex then whisked us back to the ship. Alex was friendly and shared stories of daily life in Naples. Very full and fantastic day.

The trip was amazingly easy because of the Rome in Limo team. Rome in Limo made planning fun and easy. I want to do it all again!!

Any questions please let me know i will try to answer.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a a fabulous Mediterranean cruise and were fortunate enough to have had private tours in Livorno, Salerno, and Rome provided by RomeinLimo. All of our drivers were terrific, especially David in Livorno. Our Vatican guide Massimo is a real character, zipping us past the crowds and explaining everything. We would have been lost without him. The restaurants we were taken to for lunch were reasonably priced and very good. Pizza in Italy is a must! With RomeinLimo we were able to experience all of the highlights of our port stops in a limited period of time. Jany handled all the arrangements with utmost efficiency, answering all of my emails and questions right away. I also highly recommend RomeinLimo to anyone traveling to Italy.

Just a quick reply here to talk about great tours we had in Italy earlier this month. We had Luca in Sicily for an Etna Adventure that you can read more about on TA. But since they won't let you post a 2nd review there while one is pending, I'll talk about our other here..

How do I find your review on TA ?

We used RomeinLimo for our day trip to Naples/Sorrento/Positano. Our guide was Alex & he was fantastic! We halos had a great guide through Pompeii Luciano who was friendly & knowledgeable. Alex was a great driver esp as I had motion sickness. We asked him to choose an authentic Italian family restaurant for our lunch. I would thoroughly recommend this company

We enjoyed a fabulous tour of Rome Highlights with Max! He was such a delight. He provided a tremendous amount of historic information and brought us directly where we needed to be without a great deal of walking. He also brought us to a fabulous family style restaurant for a delicious lunch. I would highly recommend Max for your Rome adventure. We also enjoyed a private tour of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel with Federica. She was a wealth of information as well as bright and cheery. Overall, I would give RIL a shining 5 star review! Thanks for the memories and wonderful service!

We enjoyed our experience with RIL immensely! We were picked up by Gian in Livorno and he provided an excellent experience for our tour of Florence/Pisa. He was truly a delight! He gave us a lot of informative details about each location as well as being friendly, polite and cheerful! We would highly recommend RIL to everyone and give it a 5 star rating! Don't hesitate to book with them--you won't regret it! In fact, if you're like me, you'll write your FIRST EVER review on cruise critic! Loved it!!!! Thanks Gian!!! ❤️

We are 6 of us and are considering RIL tour from Naples that includes Sorrento, Pompeii and Capri. Has anyone done that tour? I know 10 hours is a long day, but since we'll be with our children, we really want them to have the full experience. What do people think? Good tour? Too crazy? We'll be in Naples 7 am to 8 pm.

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

<<Written up by my father, Wayne, directly about his RIL experience in September of 2017>>

Hi. I want to offer PROFOUND THANKS to several outstanding RomeInLimo people who not only arranged and deployed a fabulous Rome Highlights tour but, later, also went far beyond the call of duty to directly help save my life.

Myself, daughter Nicole Pucci, and six others from the Norwegian Epic cruise ship took one of your excursions to Rome. The tour itself was exceptional; flexible, enriching, friendly, helpful. Then, halfway back to the ship, batteries in my artificial heart system began failing in a very strange way. Talking by phone with stateside medicals, we realized I was a half-hour or so from loss of all my portable electrical power -- at that point, I would surely die right away. The ONLY solution was to get to the ship and retrieve extra charged batteries from my cabin.

Without several essential acts by several RomeInLimo people, my life would have been over. My medical people designed a realistic plan, and RomeInLimo saviours made it happen. I want others considering RomeInLimo to recognize and reward this astonishing support and willingness of RomeInLimo personnel to go the extra mile for their clients. Otherwise, I would not be here to tell the tale.

Wayne Fields

<<Written up by my father, Wayne, directly about his RIL experience in September of 2017>>

Hi. I want to offer PROFOUND THANKS to several outstanding RomeInLimo people who not only arranged and deployed a fabulous Rome Highlights tour but, later, also went far beyond the call of duty to directly help save my life.

Myself, daughter Nicole Pucci, and six others from the Norwegian Epic cruise ship took one of your excursions to Rome. The tour itself was exceptional; flexible, enriching, friendly, helpful. Then, halfway back to the ship, batteries in my artificial heart system began failing in a very strange way. Talking by phone with stateside medicals, we realized I was a half-hour or so from loss of all my portable electrical power -- at that point, I would surely die right away. The ONLY solution was to get to the ship and retrieve extra charged batteries from my cabin.

Without several essential acts by several RomeInLimo people, my life would have been over. My medical people designed a realistic plan, and RomeInLimo saviours made it happen. I want others considering RomeInLimo to recognize and reward this astonishing support and willingness of RomeInLimo personnel to go the extra mile for their clients. Otherwise, I would not be here to tell the tale.

Wayne Fields

Things like this is just one reason why we would never consider anyone else but Rome In Limo for our transfers/tours in Italy. Glad to hear they were able to help you and save your life. They do an excellent job and we always feel safe when we are with them.

We sailed on the Epic and stopped in Rome and had a tour with Rome in Limo and had Nick our driver pick us up at the cruise port. It was worth every penny to have this fantastic driver take us on our tour. There were only eight of us in his mercede's van and it was beautiful and clean. He was so easy to understand as he spoke very good english with his great Italian accent. Such a gentleman. He did everything we wanted. Five of us got redirected out of the Sistine Chapel on our visit to the Vatican well this caused us some concern as we were at the wrong place to meet up with Nick. After sometime and our daughter and friends running around the outside of Vatican city we were found by Nick. One thing we did get was his phone number and give him ours which turned out to be something we needed. Nick got us back to the ship with lots of time to spare. Thank you Nick for such a great day.

Based on 2 excellent RIL shore excursions (Rome and Pisa/Florence) on a Med cruise in 2014 we signed up for the Pisa/Florence tour again on a Sept 15, 2017 sailing of Navigator of the Seas. On our roll call another couple joined our tour based on my glowing review of the 2014 tours with RIL. On the recent Pisa/Florence tour our driver, Simona, was the best driver/guide we've ever had. It was obvious she loved showing the beauty of both Pisa & Florence to our group and quickly adapted the tour itinerary to our wishes. Simona quickly guided us thru the streets of Florence for renaissance highlights and plenty of time shopping in the leather market. We all agreed we had a wonderful day with Simona, she provided the personal touch while keeping us laughing and informed on the ride to/from Florence. In 15 yrs of cruising this was the first shore excursion we've ever repeated. Rome in Limo delivered again and when we return to the Med in 2019 Rome in Limo will be our 1st choice for small group tours.

• 2 weeks later...

After much review and seeing Romeinlimo come up over and over again on cruise critic and a thousand questions to a very patient Jany who answered all my questions and suggested ideas we booked Romeinlimo and I can't tell you how happy and pleased we were!!! We were on Brillance of the Seas and our FABULOUS driver Stefano ( or Stefan in English) was right there waiting, he scooped us up in a very clean Mercedes sedan w water and Italian candies waiting ( I ate them all) !! We had the BEST tour ( and we had several) by our driver Stefano, he is a walking history book!! I'm not much into history but his delivery was captivating, he made Rome my favorite city, even over Venice!! You can't see Rome in a day but we had 2 days of experiences and getting to know Rome in a day!!! He took us EVERYWHERE. Told us everything showed us everything and even to a wonderful lunch spot he and his wife to!! After seeing and experiencing the highlights, driving around we had extra time so he decided to take us to a look out point that over looked the city!!! Yes we did it all, the Vatican, St. Peter's, Sisine chapel, coliseum, Roman forums, trevi fountain ( even got up close) pantheon, we shopped at the local markets, ate our way thru Rome sampling local foods and experiencing the history and culture!!! I just can't say enough about our driver and the folks who communicated with me right up to the day of our tour! I had trouble booking skip the line in Vatican and they did it for us!!! If you don't choose Romeinlimo and request Stefano you will be sorry!! By the way they are in other cities too, not just Rome!!!! I just wish we thought to take a pick with our driver instead of him taking photos of us! Lol

• 2 weeks later...

“Corleone House in Messina”

Alex picked us up at the pier and we went first to see the Estate where the last Godfather was filmed. The owner was so gracious and welcoming. We were stunned to actually get invited inside. It is so worth a visit.

We saw much of the countryside after and ended in Taormina for a fabulous lunch. Don’t miss the wine from Sicily...delicious. I had one problem with Alex...he bought us a huge box of cannoli and I HAD to eat some....unbelievable. There went my diet! Worth every calorie. Romeinlimo has yet to disappoint.

• corleone-house-castello.jpg
  • the-proud-owner-and-his.jpg

RIL does get stellar reviews and they've been in business long enough to know how appeal to the needs of tourists.

That said, it is worth mentioning that everyone reading this, who may be staying in Rome for a few days (pre/post cruise), should also check with the concierge of their hotel.

On our first trip to Rome (end of an Oceania cruise), we had previously connected with the travel coordinator of the Italian Cultural Center (located in Sacramento, CA) regarding hotels, guides, etc.

She recommended the Garibaldi Suites (absolutely splendid hotel which books solid many months in advance) close by the Spanish Steps and several licensed guides. When we contacted the hotel manager regarding reservations, he confirmed which of the guides was most appropriate for our preferred sites and interests AND he arranged for a driver who would custom tailor our transfers and those tour days where a driver made the most sense.

Our guide was an older gentleman with more than forty years experience who knew details of Vatican history as specific as who were the historical inspirations for some of the faces of characters depicted in the painting of the Sistine Chapel.

Our driver and his Mercedes 55 sedan drove "a la Romana" while still managing to choose the routes with the least traffic.9a8b8c89e116eb9bb151a69f6c48f709.jpg05e385768cdad8a0d85a0a9f925d2835.jpg

At the bottom line, however, was the real smile maker, which was the cost relative to outfits like "Rome In Limo" or "The Roman Guy" (a favorite of Rick Steves). It was considerably less expensive and avoided the "luck of the draw" when it came to the licensed guide. So, do the research and talk with your booked hotel and/or any cultural organization in your nearest city.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also a RiL fan. Used them in October for post-cruise transfer and highlights tour. Since we were staying on in Rome we booked Rome by Night and Hidden Rome. 5* all the way. Same driver each time - Franco - very nice guy, excellent driver and great sense of humour. And Jany is simply wonderful for answering your pre-cruise questions. Don't forget you can customize any tour.