Captain's Quarters?

On the Vision class the bridge is on deck 8 and the captain's quarters are on deck 7 (as are other key officers' quarters). There is a staircase just outside the door to the bridge that connects the two decks. There is a door on deck 7 that divides these cabins from the public cabins.

I tried to find pictures online, and this is my best guess as to what they look like:

hazuga5e.jpg

Experts, feel free to chime in! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse punctuation, spelling, nonsensical thoughts and brevity.

I tried to find pictures online, and this is my best guess as to what they look like:

hazuga5e.jpg

Experts, feel free to chime in! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse punctuation, spelling, nonsensical thoughts and brevity.

Yup... Maitee! That is exactly what the Captain's cabin looks like on Carnival, I mean Costa.

Bridge deck just behind the bridge, typically on the starboard side on most ships - one deck below on some. His (or hers as is the case with two RCI captains) are among the nicest / largest staterooms on board. Never in steerage - are you serious??? All senior officer's staterooms are located similarly.

On the Serenade last year we went to a cocktail party in the Captains quarters, don't know how close to the bridge though but definitely not in the bowels of the ship. His quarters were lovely, I had never really thought about where he 'lived' before but jumped at the chance to see. The hotels managers quarters were next door and also very nice.

Yup... Maitee! That is exactly what the Captain's cabin looks like on Carnival, I mean Costa.

I didn't realize I posted this on the RCI forum! Haha

In all honesty though, I would love to be able to see the captains quarters- or have cocktail hour in there like some lucky ones have!

Yes, just off the bridge. The Captain needs to be able to take the helm at a moment's notice so distance is key.

If the Captain has to be able to take the helm at a moments notice...

And RCI policy is no alcohol consumption within 8 hours of being on duty...

On the Serenade last year we went to a cocktail party in the Captains quarters, don't know how close to the bridge though but definitely not in the bowels of the ship. His quarters were lovely, I had never really thought about where he 'lived' before but jumped at the chance to see. The hotels managers quarters were next door and also very nice.

Why have a Captain's quarters cocktail party?:confused:

Because The Captain can invite guests for cocktails, without having to indulge in drinking alcohol. :D

If the Captain has to be able to take the helm at a moments notice...

And RCI policy is no alcohol consumption within 8 hours of being on duty...

Why have a Captain's quarters cocktail party?:confused:

We had coffee with the Captain on one of our early cruises, along with the rest of our 10 top dining table - its a long story how the invitation came about. He had a large night cabin and a large day cabin right next to the bridge. Someone mentioned to him that his quarters were so much bigger than theirs and he responded that he had to spend an awful lot more time in his than the passengers did :)

Yes, on Brilliance we had cabin 1000 (right next to the Bridge) which was lovely for all intents and purposes, but gotta tell you we were separated by only a thin wall... someone's (the Captain's or Officer's) bathroom was on the other side of the wall and we always heard flushing.... :p No big deal, I guess Captain has to go too. :D

Archived