Carnival - king of the YouTube brawls

Winchester Ranger

Only fight I've ever seen was on HAL. Two gals found their dried laundry on the folding table in the laundry room.

I'm missing something. Who did they fight with? Was the person who removed their clothing from the dryer still in the room? Did they actually physically fight or just argue? Aside from that, I can't imagine why would anyone would be angry to find her dried laundry on the folding table.

They don't call Carnival "Ghetto Fabulous" for nothing! :D Jerry Springer in the making? LOL

Joking aside, I haven't actually witnessed an actual fight on Carnival and I'm Platinum with the line. This being said I have witnessed more situations that have the potential to escalate on Carnival compared to other lines. This is not to say that bad behavior doesn't exist on other lines because it does, but Carnival seems to take the lead from my experience. I did witness a pool fight on Princess that was a bit unsettling. Security was called but no one seemed to really know what to do. I think it's a pretty rare thing.

I will say I see more visible security staff on Carnival compared to any other line I have sailed (and I sail them all). I'm glad for the security but I think it's a shame so much of it is needed, and I just don't notice it so much on other lines. Perhaps it is not needed as much or it's just more transparent? Anyway it's a constant reminder that even onboard ship you are in the real world. :(

... but why would you google such a thing unless you are trying to stir up trouble?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Maybe the OP was having a boring Saturday night and not trying to cause any troubles.

Coming from another blue hair lady.

The biggest reason that .might be more posted videos from Carnival is that guests are younger and more likely to be carrying cell phones and know how to upload.

However, I have never seen a fight on board.

This would be my guess, too.

We never saw anything go down either. Funny, though, I searched the same thing before our trip, too. I just kind of laughed at them.

I also searched "cruise ship in a hurricane" ... and actually got a

Iittle seasick watching them. lol

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

The biggest reason that .might be more posted videos from Carnival is that guests are younger and more likely to be carrying cell phones and know how to upload.

I do agree. I accessed my son's FB after his cruise on Magic and I am still blushing, now that ain't easy. Some of the girls were cute and exposed:eek:

I did a search for partying on the college he was admitted to, scary. I have to believe when he said no partying, got to:D

I also think the cheaper cruise draws a segment of the population that has a cheap attitude towards cruising as a whole.

I'm missing something. Who did they fight with? Was the person who removed their clothing from the dryer still in the room? Did they actually physically fight or just argue? Aside from that, I can't imagine why would anyone would be angry to find her dried laundry on the folding table.

There was a long line of pax doing laundry that last seaday of northbound an Alaskan cruise. I'm sure many were going on cruisetours.

They were upset that their clothes weren't allowed to stay in the dryer until they came back from lunch. Oh, their clothes were dumped unceremoniously onto the table, not neatly folded. Dried clothes dumped into a pile can wrinkle horribly.

I left while the voices were getting louder and louder and hands were just starting to be raised. No idea if the dryer-hoggers were yelling at the 'right' person or not. No idea as to how long those clothes were waiting in the dryer or on the table.

There was a long line of pax doing laundry that last seaday of northbound an Alaskan cruise. I'm sure many were going on cruisetours.

They were upset that their clothes weren't allowed to stay in the dryer until they came back from lunch. Oh, their clothes were dumped unceremoniously onto the table, not neatly folded. Dried clothes dumped into a pile can wrinkle horribly.

I left while the voices were getting louder and louder and hands were just starting to be raised. No idea if the dryer-hoggers were yelling at the 'right' person or not. No idea as to how long those clothes were waiting in the dryer or on the table.

What??? Now we have dryer hoggers? I thought chair hoggers were the limit - oh nos we got dryer hoggers now! I'm sending my laundry out - I'll pack enough undies to get me through, all else, I don't care!;)

If it makes you feel better, I typed in "cruise ship sinking" and none of the hits were Carnival. :D

You can avoid a fight, but if the ship's going down, it doesn't matter if your regal and polite or an ignorant fool, you're all going down.

I've been on 7 Carnival cruises and never seen a fight. You're worrying over nothing.

Well, you know how some peeps like to worry and fret over nothing. They even like to feel as though they are the policeman because you choose to smuggle. So much so that they even say they've never broken the "rules." Well now expect "rules" over the dryer hogs, because someone complained. It will never end folks, the rules will be endless where no one will be in compliance -- even the do gooders.

On a previous cruise, I saw a man come into the laundry and a woman was ironing her husbands shirts. He demanded that she stop and let him iron his shirt. I stood there observing the whole thing. She stepped aside. I would have told him to "F" off, wait your turn. WTH!

Is there drinking involved on cruises? Yes. Given that some people are just fighting drunks it's inevitable that some fights will occur. I've never seen one on a cruise but I don't doubt they happen. I've seen a fight break out in a room full of Army officers because one guy was drunk and thought someone flipped him off. I'm pretty sure fights happen anywhere that alcohol is served in large quantities, and I say that as someone who enjoys drinking a little more than usual while on a cruise.

I've been on 7 Carnival cruises and never seen a fight. You're worrying over nothing.

But isn't that the purpose of this board? To worry about our vacation to the point that we can't even enjoy ourselves? :p

In the past 48 hours I have read posts where people are worried about tp and Kleenex brands, worried about consistency of gravy, worried that the website crashed and lost their booking, worried about the quality of their free wine, and worried that the person in the cabin next door somehow was allowed on board while paying $10 less. :eek:

If anything, this brawl thread is the most valid worry. :cool:

For the record, I've never witnessed a brawl on any line-except if you count me screaming at my spouse or child to quit forgetting stuff in the room and to hurry up!

I agree that most likely the OP will never witness a fight on a cruise, but they do happen.

The closest thing to a fight we've witnessed was on a 3 night cruise aboard the Sensation from Port Canaveral back in 2008. It was mostly a lot of yelling back and forth, chest fluffing, and some pushing, but that's were it ended. Lots of insults and profanity involving race, social status, tattoos, choice of housing, tank tops, and weight. :eek:

Elaine,

I'd say you nailed it. :)

Out of curiosity I typed "cruise fights" into the YouTube search engine and was presented with a litany of uploaded cell phone videos featuring brawls on cruise ships.

With only one exception the featured cruise line was always Carnival.

Are standards of behavior really that bad on Carnival these days, I'm about to book a last minute deal with them not having cruised with Carnival for 10 years and it's giving me reason to re-think.

Anyone have first hand experience compared to other cruise lines?

I believe as I type, cameras are being set up on the Legend for some exclusive video to be captured during a play out. Should be interesting.

After 30 plus cruises we've only seen one almost fight on Carnival...that was on a three day out of Port Canaveral too...the Fantasy...we don't do three days anymore:eek: minimum is 5 days and in off times for kids...college or otherwise:D

And....you can always remove yourself from the situation.....and Carnival does have a lot of security around!

I will never forget asking my husband what was wrong with a passenger on our first Hal cruise out of Norfolk...Duh!!! His short reply was...he's drunk:D...just wasn't expecting that on Hal...it can happen anytime anywhere!!

LOL at the "nasty old biddies" (from one blue hair to another).

OP -Never saw a fight. Wouldn't worry about it but why would you google such a thing unless you are trying to stir up trouble?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Was wondering the same thing?:confused:

I have seen 3 fights on my cruises. One was a man and woman in the lobby lots of yelling. The man was drunk. Another on the main deck between two young tattooed guys from New York. They were real loud mouths and drunk too. Taken away by security. The last one in the dance club between two overweight girls they were pulling each others hair extensions out and slapping each other and trying to scratch each other with real long finger nails. broken up by other guests. I think they were drunk too. I saw a saying that Carnival was the "Walmart of the seas." I don't know what they mean by that. Most of the time everyone I meet on the cruises are very nice. Just like any big city you see all types of people. We just mind our own business and try to have fun.

Archived