RC Perks with Celebrity

dsvd79

Nope, balcony discounts such as RCI offers don't exist on X. Here's what your Elite benefits are. Call Crown & Anchor and they'll set up your membership with Celebrity's Captain's Club. http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

You don't automatically get equivalent status, you have to sign up. A balcony discount is not a Celebrity Elite perk, so no, you will not get it. You can find information about how to sign up, and the benefits in the Captain's Club area on Celebrity's web site.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am a new Diamond member on RC. I know that we share status while onboard ships. How about the balcony discount? Would we be able to get the same Diamond discount?

Congratulations on becoming another RCL transferred in Elite:rolleyes:

Without Cruising on Celebrity you are now entitled to all the Celebrity Elite benefits.

Celebrity does not offer Balcony discounts.

Thanks!

There is a Caribbean trip that I am eyeing. I love the islands it goes to, and RC doesn't have anything close to it.

Congratulations on your knew status. Much to Port Royal's disappointment, I think you'll love Celebrity. We too are RCI interlopers and enjoy both the Royal and Celebrity experiences. Happy sailing. :D

Congratulations on becoming another RCL transferred in Elite:rolleyes:

Without Cruising on Celebrity you are now entitled to all the Celebrity Elite benefits.

Celebrity does not offer Balcony discounts.

Works both ways.

Congrats to Celebrity Elites who can transfer to RCCL Diamond C&A category.

Without cruising RCCL you are now entitled to all the RCCL Diamond benefits.

Very good benefits including a balcony discount, longer evening cocktail lounge hours ( available ALL nights of a cruise) and the new - (effective with sailings departing on or after January 1, 2014) no smoking on balconies.

enjoy:)

M

Works both ways.

Congrats to Celebrity Elites who can transfer to RCCL Diamond C&A category.

Without cruising RCCL you are now entitled to all the RCCL Diamond benefits.

Very good benefits including a balcony discount, longer evening cocktail lounge hours ( available ALL nights of a cruise) and the new - (effective with sailings departing on or after January 1, 2014) no smoking on balconies.

enjoy:)

M

I have also previously posted that RCL/Celebrity & Celebrity/RCL reciprocity must end.

I'm one of the "backwards" people. I "earned" (if you call having enjoyable cruises "earning") my status on Celebrity and got the free pass to Diamond on RCI.

OP though there is no Diamond balcony discount, there are other perks I like a lot better on Celebrity. Especially, since I often cruise in the same cabin w/ friends that aren't Elite (or Diamond). ON Celebrity they can accompany me into the Elite events, no questions asked. Trying to get my non Diamond friend into the Diamond lounge was like trying to pull teeth from a shark using tweezers. It wasn't going to happen.

I tried celebrity because I was diamond on Royal. I liked the idea of being elite on my second Celebrity cruise

Well, their marketing worked; I have only cruised on Royal and Celebrity. After my Feb trip on the Silohouette, I am officially a "real" elite :D

I am a new Diamond member on RC. I know that we share status while onboard ships. How about the balcony discount? Would we be able to get the same Diamond discount?

Coming back to respond to your post. Congrats on earning your Diamond status and enjoy the Elite benefits on X. I also suggest ignoring the smart comments from certain posters. :) X is a great cruise line.

Confused, don't you get one upgrade on Celebrity? I.e., book a 2A but pay a 2B. I know it applies to OV on Celebrity.

Both cruise lines are great and you will find some things you prefer on Celebrity and the same goes for Royal. Enjoy!

It's not your decision thank goodness and I'm betting it won't happen. RCCL wants customers such as my self to make the move from RCI to X and this is an easier way for them to do it.

One is able to change Cruise Lines without receiving any benefits. Unless one is unable to change Cruise Lines without first receiving benefits.

One is able to change Cruise Lines without receiving any benefits. Unless one is unable to change Cruise Lines without first receiving benefits.

It's up to the cruise line to dicate that. Not you or I. Why not just enjoy what Celebrity is giving you as a past guest and also let others enjoy? Why be so selfish? Heaven forbid that someone else get a free drink other than you. :rolleyes:

Confused, don't you get one upgrade on Celebrity? I.e., book a 2A but pay a 2B. I know it applies to OV on Celebrity.

Both cruise lines are great and you will find some things you prefer on Celebrity and the same goes for Royal. Enjoy!

On Celebrity, the Captains Club cabin upgrade is inside to inside and outside to outside. Does not cover verandas, concierge, Aqua or Suites. It is one of the perks that I hope Celebrity comes into this Century, literally. It is a one of the original perks of Captains Club and goes back to early 1990s when there were virtually no veranda's on ships.

It's up to the cruise line to dicate that. Not you or I. Why not just enjoy what Celebrity is giving you as a past guest and also let others enjoy? Why be so selfish? Heaven forbid that someone else get a free drink other than you. :rolleyes:

I feel you are totally missing my point of view - My premise has never been based on free drinks, but solely one of too many Elites.

For good order I copy below one of my posts under another thread "Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity". Throughout this and other threads my stance has remained unchanged. Repeat it has nothing to do with just "free drinks", on which you appear to focus too readily.

Under my suggestion I would no longer be an Elite with Celebrity.

Note to Celebrity & RCL

This thread has fully discussed, with some intelligence, the rationale behind the need to reduce the number of Celebrity Captain's Club Elites. Having run it's course it would appear now is the time to conclude.

The consensus of opinion being there must be an 'Elite numbers' reduction [cull], failing that, the Elite benefit would quickly become financially unsustainable, resulting in the loss of the benefits facility.

Therefore, I suggest adjusting the Club bandings. This to ensure loyalty is rewarded, with loyalty being judged by the actual number of nights sailed with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Azamara, and not the potential culmination of 2/3 night Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises.

Suite guest will continue to receive 'double days' as per the known Celebrity and RCL protocols.

CLASSIC = UP TO AND INCLUDING 75 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

SELECT = FROM 76 UP TO AND INCLUDING 140 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

ELITE =FROM 141 UP TO AND INCLUDING 275 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

NEW VIP STATUS [?] = FROM 276 up to and including 700 NIGHTS ON BOARD A CELEBRITY SHIP

The only alternative to the above bandings was a suggestion to replicate the RCL method of calculation, but this is again based on the number of cruises multiplied by a coefficient, then adding a further number of points. This being without any recourse to the actual number of days sailed.

The counting of days sailed is the preferred rationale for a fairer method to calculate, recognize and reward loyalty to Celebrity Cruisers.

The reciprocal facility between RCL and Celebrity, where RCL Diamond members do automatically become Elite with Celebrity, and vice verse, across all the respective clubs status levels, to end.

One looks forward to an official announcement from Celebrity to confirm the Elite reduction program.

I feel you are totally missing my point of view - My premise has never been based on free drinks, but solely one of too many Elites.

We just had our first Celebrity cruise as Elite. It was very nice but to me, it wasn't nearly as "special" as on Royal.

The Elite event was held in a public lounge. Incidentally, it wasn't at all crowded. People kept walking in to get a drink and the concierge would have to ask them to leave. All in all, it was a bit awkward. Because she had to "guard the door", the concierge really wasn't able to greet guests and offer assistance. Also, the drink choices were more limited on Celebrity.

I realize that this isn't the case on all ships yet, but on Royal, the lounge is private, the drink choices are greater and the concierge isn't spending her time asking people to leave so she is more available.

We really enjoyed our Celebrity cruise. But the one thing that will probably cause us to return was not the Elite benefits, it was Blu.

We just had our first Celebrity cruise as Elite. It was very nice but to me, it wasn't nearly as "special" as on Royal.

The Elite event was held in a public lounge. Incidentally, it wasn't at all crowded. People kept walking in to get a drink and the concierge would have to ask them to leave. All in all, it was a bit awkward. Because she had to "guard the door", the concierge really wasn't able to greet guests and offer assistance. Also, the drink choices were more limited on Celebrity.

I realize that this isn't the case on all ships yet, but on Royal, the lounge is private, the drink choices are greater and the concierge isn't spending her time asking people to leave so she is more available.

We really enjoyed our Celebrity cruise. But the one thing that will probably cause us to return was not the Elite benefits, it was Blu.

We weren't impressed with the Elite event either. We had to use the drink package to get what we wanted so we only did the event one night and moved on. I might be wrong but I think the drink packages may have put a dent in the numbers attending the Elite Event. Overall, we loved Reflection and are going back for more.

I wonder why the Concierge was at the door. Usually it's the Captain's Club host or hostess, although I have seen others given that duty, just not the Concierge.

Since we were never really introduced, I have to admit I don't know what the title of the person was. There was only one person present.

Archived