WON a Free cruise ! on Rccl.

aceparty

Hello to all! We won a free cruise on RCCL. The fine print is any Caribbean cruise, Balcony, level, must leave from a U.S. port, must pay all government fee, taxes. May pay a upgrade fee for higher level Cat.

My question is which ship should we try? Was thinking Allure or Qasis. We have been on Rccl once. We have been on NCL for at least 20 cruises. We prefer aft. Cabins and the Allure or Oasis does not have aft. Cabins.

Wow . .. Congratulations on winning that wonderful prize. I would certainly pick either Oasis or Allure and any of the balconies are great!!

I have been on the Oasis and you will LOVE it. We prefer an ocean-facing balcony and there are many levels of balconies depending on location.

Enjoy!

Hello to all! We won a free cruise on RCCL. The fine print is any Caribbean cruise, Balcony, level, must leave from a U.S. port, must pay all government fee, taxes. May pay a upgrade fee for higher level Cat.

My question is which ship should we try? Was thinking Allure or Qasis. We have been on Rccl once. We have been on NCL for at least 20 cruises. We prefer aft. Cabins and the Allure or Oasis does not have aft. Cabins.

Careful it might be a scam or time share trick.

Congrats on your win. I do hope it is legit. Some give-a-ways are totally legit but previously I had my doubts about things like that. A few years ago I entered a contest from an email from Princess for a free cruise and I won. However, it was a contest to nominate someone who deserved a get-a-way & I nominated the man that had been my nephews bone marrow donor. I was super excited when Princess called to tell me that my nomination had been selected. I then got to call & tell the donor that he had a free cruise. He went & had a wonderful time. I have never met the donor face to face but I owe him much more than a cruise for saving my nephews life. The stipulations were much like the ones the OP listed.

Hope everthing checks out & you are able to go on your cruise & come back to post about it.

Congrats on your win. I do hope it is legit. Some give-a-ways are totally legit but previously I had my doubts about things like that. A few years ago I entered a contest from an email from Princess for a free cruise and I won. However, it was a contest to nominate someone who deserved a get-a-way & I nominated the man that had been my nephews bone marrow donor. I was super excited when Princess called to tell me that my nomination had been selected. I then got to call & tell the donor that he had a free cruise. He went & had a wonderful time. I have never met the donor face to face but I owe him much more than a cruise for saving my nephews life. The stipulations were much like the ones the OP listed.

Hope everthing checks out & you are able to go on your cruise & come back to post about it.

What a great thing you both did! I am on the registry and got the call a few months back. Didn't make the final cut though. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to help someone.

Congrats on your win. I would pick either Allure or Oasis.

Also like others have poster make sure it is not a scam. We received a postcard a week ago stated that we had won a RCL cruise but I googled it and it is/was a scam. I hope you got the real deal!!!:)

What a great thing you both did! I am on the registry and got the call a few months back. Didn't make the final cut though. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to help someone.

Don't mean to take over real topic of thread but thank heavens for people like you that are willing to donate. Thank you!!

Congrats on your win. I would pick either Allure or Oasis.

Also like others have poster make sure it is not a scam. We received a postcard a week ago stated that we had won a RCL cruise but I googled it and it is/was a scam. I hope you got the real deal!!!:)

I know what you are talking about.

I have received postcard like from Norwegian as well. A friend of mine also did. She has to attend a time share and she did get her cruise through some unknown company. When she decided to cancel, they give her hell. It took her a long time to get her money back that she paid for government taxes.

Like that saying, there is no such thing as a free lunch

for a normal balcony, the rear most balconies are not bad for aft cabins. We were in 9329, and had a pretty nice view of the ocean.

So the Boardwalk balconies ending in 29 are the last ones on each side.

I terms of other ships, most of the rest have real aft cabins. I think only Majesty would not.

Have fun with the decision, and enjoy the cruise!

I too hope its legit! There is a scam on Facebook right now from "Royal Carribean Internatiional" about a free cruise. Yes, they couldnt even spell the companies name right :rolleyes:

Yep -- we frequently get mail notifying us that we've won "free" cruises, as well as "free tickets" on airlines that don't even exist -- but, have names that "sound" like the real thing. :eek:

Hoping that the OP does his/her homework, and checks this freebie out, through proper channels -- preferably BEFORE shelling out any $$ for government fees, taxes, or upgrades. Best of luck! :cool:

Please share the source of your prize. How did you win this?

Royal Caribbean posted in FaceBook, that they are not giving any free cruise away!!! And they are NOT associated with any give away :(

Checked the Internet site of 'Royal Caribbean Internatiional' and they looked 'phony'

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Be skeptical if you have to send in your "taxes and fees" in advance, especially if not to Royal Caribbean directly. These can be well over $100, and might be how a scammer would make his/her money -- collect the fees then not give you a legit cruise.

Be skeptical if you have to send in your "taxes and fees" in advance, especially if not to Royal Caribbean directly. These can be well over $100, and might be how a scammer would make his/her money -- collect the fees then not give you a legit cruise.

My husband won a cruise several years ago and it included taxes, fees and airfare. I don't call it free if you have to pay anything. :rolleyes:

I too hope its legit! There is a scam on Facebook right now from "Royal Carribean Internatiional" about a free cruise. Yes, they couldnt even spell the companies name right :rolleyes:

The scammers spell it wrong on purpose. It is part of the scam. They can claim they are not saying they are Royal Caribbean International.

Archived