Jewel - Did I See A Billiard Table?

cjdixon4

I noticed a pool table in the photos of Jewel of the Seas. Is it free to use, or is there some cost associated with it? Still trying to decide on which cruise for May 2014, and when hubby saw a picture of a pool table, he really got excited! Anybody know about it or used it? :confused:

Yes and it is free to use and great fun especially when at sea. But do not worry it is self levelling., but the movement you need to use is fun. They should have put it on a self levelling floor plate.

Thanks ChipLondon! My hubby enjoys a relaxing billiard game, and it will give him plenty to keep himself occupied while I sit in the hot tub. LOL;)

Yes and it is free to use and great fun especially when at sea. But do not worry it is self levelling., but the movement you need to use is fun. They should have put it on a self levelling floor plate.

It's fun to sit and watch people try to adjust when the ship is rocking - the table stays level, but the players are hilarious:D

I remember checking out the balls from the bar tender nearby, but couldn't remember if there was a charge. Probably not. If you search on youtube for billiards and jewel of the seas you may see a video I posted. I'm at work, so I can't pull up the link.

One of our friends complained that there was no chalk available. If you would be bothered by that suggest bringing your own chalk.

Ian/Linda-

Thanks for the heads-up about the chalk. I'm not a pool fanatacist, so I don't know whether the chalk is an absolute necessity to enjoying the game, but I'll sure pass the info on to my hubby!

I noticed a pool table in the photos of Jewel of the Seas. Is it free to use, or is there some cost associated with it? Still trying to decide on which cruise for May 2014, and when hubby saw a picture of a pool table, he really got excited! Anybody know about it or used it? :confused:

Ive used one on Radiance and its a pretty nice table! There are two actually. As pointed out above, they are free. Hardly ever anyone using them I found at least on my cruise.

Here is a pic of one on Radiance. Definitely bring some chalk. The sticks are "decent" and useable.

181536_1586934028901_6240996_n.jpg

Ive used one on Radiance and its a pretty nice table! There are two actually. As pointed out above, they are free. Hardly ever anyone using them I found at least on my cruise.

Here is a pic of one on Radiance. Definitely bring some chalk. The sticks are "decent" and useable.

181536_1586934028901_6240996_n.jpg

Thanks ryano, good info! :)

When we played on Brilliance it took us a few minutes to figure out where to get the balls. Finally my hubby walked to the nearby bar & found out that was the place. You left your Sea Pass card in exchange for the balls and you got it back when the balls were returned.

There was plenty of chalk there when we played. If not I bet they probably have it at the bar area.

There was hardly ever anyone playing. We played a couple of times during the week.

When we played on Brilliance it took us a few minutes to figure out where to get the balls. Finally my hubby walked to the nearby bar & found out that was the place. You left your Sea Pass card in exchange for the balls and you got it back when the balls were returned.

There was plenty of chalk there when we played. If not I bet they probably have it at the bar area.

There was hardly ever anyone playing. We played a couple of times during the week.

More great info...thanks ace1zoe2!

You left your Sea Pass card in exchange for the balls and you got it back when the balls were returned.

Hmm, i dont remember surrendering my Seapass card at all and seems like the balls were right there by the table on Radiance.

Maybe each ship handles it differently? I have never given up my Seapass card though.

I think they changed the procedure sometime last year. We did Jewel twice last year, and the first time the balls were in the glass case next to the tables. The second time, they had been moved behind the bar and we had to surrender a seapass card to get them.

Ian/Linda-

Thanks for the heads-up about the chalk. I'm not a pool fanatacist, so I don't know whether the chalk is an absolute necessity to enjoying the game, but I'll sure pass the info on to my hubby!

I think they had it for us, chalk is a little more cruicial when you are moving and trying to hit a ball that isn't took me awhile to adjust to it, but we had fun.

We've played every year we've been on Serenade, there was always chalk available. Just 2 years ago was the first time anyone in our group had to give up their sea pass card to get the balls, so it's a newer policy change, most likely to keep kids from hogging the tables.

I think they had it for us, chalk is a little more cruicial when you are moving and trying to hit a ball that isn't took me awhile to adjust to it, but we had fun.

I wouldn't have mentioned it but my friend never forgave them for not having any. Made it extremely difficult for as serious pool shark ;)

Archived