CrabFest

luv2cruise6146

That King Crab leg is a meal in itself. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And the menu clearly states snow crab cluster. . .

If they continue to substitute king crab that will be good; but if they serve snow crab not so much.;)

Mike:)

This isn't a Joe's Crab Shack, just the Crab Shack.

The confusion may be intentional.

The logo on the Bib and the Placemat looks like they lifted the words straight from a Joe's menu and just took out the "Joe's."

:confused:

ImageUploadedByForums1380404378.866636.jpg.071f73cfa8da64a51fa92bda105ad5ed.jpg

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

The confusion may be intentional.

The logo on the Bib and the Placemat looks like they lifted the words straight from a Joe's menu and just took out the "Joe's."

I noticed that as well and thought the name of this venue was 'Crab Fest":confused:

Mike:)

Another picture from the Crab Shack on Royal Princess. I wonder if you actually get that many crab legs? Looks good!!! :D

3a41c33c2a2511e39b0322000ae80f35_7.jpg

I have never known Princess to limit portions in the Crown Grill or Sabatinis. You can always ask for seconds. :D

The pictures look wonder. We may try it on our cruise if the Crown is serving it.

We will also get a good serving of Crab/seafood at the Rustic Inn in Fort Lauderdale the evening before we board the ship :D

I'm now convinced that the lobster claws at the buffet on sailaway will not be returning. :( DW and I used to pack our own shell crackers.

Last time we had them' date=' in 2010, they were small, rubbery and tasteless. I love seafood, but they were a big disappointment.

I'll be anxious to try the Crab Shack on my next cruise, but I do think the menu is a bit lackluster.

We went to the Crab Pot in Seattle a few years ago and it was [i']fantastic[/i]!! But it was pricey ($16-39).

Another picture from the Crab Shack on Royal Princess. I wonder if you actually get that many crab legs? Looks good!!! :D

3a41c33c2a2511e39b0322000ae80f35_7.jpg

Last time we had them, in 2010, they were small, rubbery and tasteless. I love seafood, but they were a big disappointment.

I'll be anxious to try the Crab Shack on my next cruise, but I do think the menu is a bit lackluster.

9).

The crab legs in the picture above sure do look good to my DW and I. We wouldn't care about the rest of the menu. We have never had crab legs on a ship and we would prefer them over the lobster option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Somehow I doubt they'll be offering this one on Formal Nights though.

Actually, we did it on formal night on CB last March and found it to be quite enjoyable. They do not dump the meal on the table.

BTW, they asked us our menu choice and we each picked the same one. They asked if we each wanted one and we said yes. Turned out they usually just bring one bowl but we each got one. Way too much food for two people. Also, the appetizers were fantastic and the desserts were great.

It's a great treat. BTW, also on some ships they offer a fondue in the same location on alternating nights. Search this forum on fondue if you're interested. We'll be doing both on Regal.

My friend is on the Coral doing the Panama Canal and said they have it their at lunchtime. So far' date=' she hasn't 't seen it offered for dinner, but the cruise just started.[/quote']

I think having it for lunch on a sea day would be a great idea. Either way I am going to try it out on the Royal in April.

Sue