SY to SA-SC Help!

Pointkitten

On a 7 night cruise, would an upswell offer of $349 pp be a good offer? Seems high to me. Advice please!

Seems a bit high to me also. Only you can decide if the additional perks (Neptune Lounge, laundry, etc.) are worth it.

On a 7 night cruise, would an upswell offer of $349 pp be a good offer? Seems high to me. Advice please!

We've never paid more than $249 for an up sell from a SS/SY to an SA. However, those offers usually came 2-3 weeks before the cruise. I see your cruise is over four weeks away, and there may be a new round of offers at a lower price, providing others pass on the up sell. To us, even then $349 PP would be worth the price!

I had the same $349 per person offer last year on a 7 day Bermuda trip and took it.

To me is was worth it for the extra perks and the larger room.

You have to decide if it's worth it for you. I'll find it very hard to go back to a lesser room in the future, so be warned if you do decide to take it.

Recently I paid $149 pp for an upsell to an SY (7-day cruise) and a friend waited a few days and got it for $49 pp. So yes, I think your offer is too high.

Oops, I just realised I did a typo..... our upsell was to a Neptune FROM an SY, and the same for our friends.:o

ever since we took an upsell, we've not booked anything lower -- be careful what you do. Not that I am complaining, I love the suite life.

Neptune suites are the crack cocaine of cruising..... :D

Just sayin': In my opinion, there is some subject matter that really shouldn't be mentioned on this board in a "positive way" (even though it was in jest).

cbpdrugs

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/17/are-drugs-on-cruise-ships-on-the-rise/

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/articles/drugs/

Steals of deals don't always happen. sometimes you have to decide what is right for you.

Now, by cc standards it's not a great deal - by the price that cabin would go for - it is. You might get it cheaper if it gets to the second round and it could be snapped up.

If it's snapped up (and hasn't been already) then there will be no second round.

Neptune Suites are very nice and offer a few things worth looking at (besides space).

Whatever you decide - do it for you - and have a great cruise!!

Just sayin': In my opinion, there is some subject matter that really shouldn't be mentioned on this board in a "positive way" (even though it was in jest).

cbpdrugs

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/17/are-drugs-on-cruise-ships-on-the-rise/

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/articles/drugs/

Well I guess I could have said the Neptune Suites are the "tobacco addiction" of cruising, but then this would become another (not needed) smoking thread. And it wouldn't have had the same "punch", now would it.

It's such a personal choice however, if you have never had a Neptune suite before and you can afford the extra $100 a day I would say it would be worth it. If you compare what the regular price would be and the offer you have it would be quite a difference. I'm not sure how your sailing is selling at this point and it is possible you might get a better offer if you wait-but, others might jump on this and then it's "you snooze you lose".

You need to research all the perks first and see if it is worth it to you though. My favorite of being in a Neptune suite is having breakfast in the Pinnacle. The "suite" line to board is also a nice perk as is the free laundry. The cabins are huge in my opinion with so much storage.

Let us know what you decide!

It's such a personal choice however, if you have never had a Neptune suite before and you can afford the extra $100 a day I would say it would be worth it. If you compare what the regular price would be and the offer you have it would be quite a difference. I'm not sure how your sailing is selling at this point and it is possible you might get a better offer if you wait-but, others might jump on this and then it's "you snooze you lose".

You need to research all the perks first and see if it is worth it to you though. My favorite of being in a Neptune suite is having breakfast in the Pinnacle. The "suite" line to board is also a nice perk as is the free laundry. The cabins are huge in my opinion with so much storage.

Let us know what you decide!

Yikes, that sounds like a research project:D. A quick search on the Hal website or here will provide that info. My favorite perk is eating brekie in the pinnacle.

Was close to deciding to just go for it last evening when I realized the phones had closed until Monday! This is only our 2nd HAL cruise, and last time we had a veranda stateroom. Since we have 2 sea days and one tender port (Eastern Caribbean on the Westerdam), I decided it would be worth it. One of my favorite cruises was in a window suite on the Caribbean Princess. The perks included breakfast in the specialty restaurant, which was fantastic! Well, guess I have to wait until Monday to see if there are any rooms remaining. Thanks for all the responses; they really helped!:)

Was close to deciding to just go for it last evening when I realized the phones had closed until Monday! This is only our 2nd HAL cruise, and last time we had a veranda stateroom. Since we have 2 sea days and one tender port (Eastern Caribbean on the Westerdam), I decided it would be worth it. One of my favorite cruises was in a window suite on the Caribbean Princess. The perks included breakfast in the specialty restaurant, which was fantastic! Well, guess I have to wait until Monday to see if there are any rooms remaining. Thanks for all the responses; they really helped!:)

good luck!!!

I probably would. I didn't realize how much I would miss the perks until I cruised without them on the Westerdam!:o

The thing my husband and I missed the most was being able to eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. Even though the breakfast menu is the same as in the Dining Room, there's a huge difference in service.

I probably would. I didn't realize how much I would miss the perks until I cruised without them on the Westerdam!:o

The thing my husband and I missed the most was being able to eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. Even though the breakfast menu is the same as in the Dining Room, there's a huge difference in service.

Absolutely agree! I could be in and out of there in a half hour to 45 min. In the MDR I'd be lucky to get some fruit by then. Never had to ask for anything twice. It was generally pretty quite in the except for a woman that complained everyday about where they sat her.

Fingers crossed for you. Let us know please.

Archived