Sharing Labadee

We are on the Dec 15th sailing of Independence OTS and have found out that Explorer is there the same day.

Can anyone tell me if they have shared Labadee with another ship and how good/bad it was?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

We are on the Dec 15th sailing of Independence OTS and have found out that Explorer is there the same day.

Can anyone tell me if they have shared Labadee with another ship and how good/bad it was?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

We've been there twice when 2 ships were in port . . . sure it is busier and a little more crowded . . longer lines at the buffet, etc., but there is so much beach area, you should be OK. If you are entertaining the idea of getting a cabana, I suggest you do so early.

We've been there twice when 2 ships were in port . . . sure it is busier and a little more crowded . . longer lines at the buffet, etc., but there is so much beach area, you should be OK. If you are entertaining the idea of getting a cabana, I suggest you do so early.

I'm not worried about the lines at the buffet, I'M ON VACATION!!! The crowd around the beaches is what I am more concerned of.

Anyone got a beach pic when two ships are there?

THANKS!!!

Tim

I was on the IoS Dec. 16th of last year and we shared Labadee w/ the Explorer. Had no problems personally. It was clearly a little more crowded but nothing they weren't equipped to handle. I enjoyed it because the IoS is bigger so I was able to watch everything that was happening on the upper decks of the Explorer and it was quite entertaining.

I was on the IoS Dec. 16th of last year and we shared Labadee w/ the Explorer. Had no problems personally. It was clearly a little more crowded but nothing they weren't equipped to handle. I enjoyed it because the IoS is bigger so I was able to watch everything that was happening on the upper decks of the Explorer and it was quite entertaining.

I was on this sailing too...and it was more crowded than normal but sill fine... they left a few hours before us and it seemed really quiet after they left....

HBcruiser I am sailing again this year with you on the IOS DEC15 Firegal was also on the cruise last year... no issues unless you want a cabana as they appear to be sold out unless you are in a suite

Rick

IOS and ExOS are the same height. ExOS just fits under the VZ bridge and nothing taller gets thru. The FOS visited the West Side Piers in 2006 going up and down the Hudson River and under the bridge.

I realize now that I was in the viking crown looking down on the pool deck. Fun regardless.

We were on the ExOS docking in St Martin right next to the FOS, standing on the jogging deck. This was in May 2007 on one of the ExOS' patented noon arrivals. Those are great because everyone is awake and watching the arrival of the ship. Not great because half the day is gone.

On topic, we have been in Labadee with the big girls and never had problems and you are talking 6,000 peeps. Never been there on a share.

I have been to Labadee 5-6 times in the past and always loved our stop there.The last time we were there was on the Liberty of the seas and another ship- cant remember what ship but it was Mariner size.It was Spring break 2012. I love Labadee but that day was awful!! We were traveling with another family who had been there in the past also and they felt the same. The weather was a little yucky that day which may have made thing worse. BUT- it was crowded. The buffet was not crowded but the beach was extremely crowded- especially by the water park. We then moved to the other side and it was just OK. Chairs right beside each other, people taking others chairs, and water was packed.The water was really dirty that day also. Trash everywhere. I have never seen it like that before so that could have made things even worse. Supposidly there had been alot of rain the past few days which made the trash dump into the water. We were looking at a ship that goes to Labadee this spring break and there are 2 ships there that day and both myself and other family said we did not want to do it I hope my next experience there is positive because in the past - we really had some wonderful days there.

The last 2 times we have been in Labadee there have been two ships. It is important to get out on the beach early to get a good spot. Or--you will be several chair rows back.

The buffet can be crowded. But, the buffet at Columbus Cove was very doable. Also, the beach at Columbus Cove is better and less crowded. Not as many people are willing to go that far.

The big problem is getting through security to get back on the ship. It was jam packed and very disorganized both times. They should stagger the leaving times more than they do.

I've been on Labadee with a 2nd ship..... their all aboard / sailaway was of course different to ours... made for interesting viewing to hear the call for passengers over their loudspeaker system..... watched them pull up the gangways.... then see a couple nonchalantly stroll up to board.... I seem to recall they were also on a different ship time to us....

373921_10150996112590352_1557788571_n.jpg

We were in Labadee on Liberty when the Navigator was as well. Having only been there on Allure previously it didn't seem any different with crowds. No bigger lines and had no problems finding loungers :) Just looked back through my pics and have absolutely none from the beach that day just going too and from the ship :(

We are on Independence and the other ship in port is Explorer. It sounds as if it's not gonna be horrible but crowded. We will be on vacation, someone else is cooking, cleaning, and making our bed. Crowded beach, NO PROBLEM MON! ;)

Tim

We were in Labadee once with two ships. We were on Enchantment and I think the other ship was Freedom. We did not go to the beach that day so I can't speak to that. We wanted to look around in the shops and it was awful! Every single building was so packed with people you could not walk around or see anything. We didn't spend too much time off the ship that day. We were back in time for lunch on board.

I hope to never be there again when there are two ships.

I've got 2 visits to Labadee coming up. I believe we will be the only ship there when the Grandeur stops in December ... not sure about my April cruise on the Liberty. In any event, if the venue is set up to handle two very large ships (with some areas tending to get a bit over-used) then my December visit should be absolute heaven.

It's been 11 years since I have been there for a visit and I'm am really looking forward to it. I'm counting heavily on it being one of those golden days that you end up savoring the memory for years to come. (...sending wishes to Mother Nature to cooperate on the sunshine aspect...)

We were on the ExOS docking in St Martin right next to the FOS, standing on the jogging deck. This was in May 2007 on one of the ExOS' patented noon arrivals. Those are great because everyone is awake and watching the arrival of the ship. Not great because half the day is gone.

On topic, we have been in Labadee with the big girls and never had problems and you are talking 6,000 peeps. Never been there on a share.

Independence and Explorer together can easily add another 1000 peeps over what Oasis and Allure bring in alone.

I've got 2 visits to Labadee coming up. I believe we will be the only ship there when the Grandeur stops in December ... not sure about my April cruise on the Liberty. In any event, if the venue is set up to handle two very large ships (with some areas tending to get a bit over-used) then my December visit should be absolute heaven.

It's been 11 years since I have been there for a visit and I'm am really looking forward to it. I'm counting heavily on it being one of those golden days that you end up savoring the memory for years to come. (...sending wishes to Mother Nature to cooperate on the sunshine aspect...)

If only Grandeur is there you will have a wonderful time.

I agree with other posters- try to get off ship early to get good spot. I remember we got there at 10 am and the other ship was already there. We went to the water park beach area first because kids had excursion there. The beach was packed already. This was early- 1030-1100. There was no space available for chairs on the beach - you had to sit back behind the walk area. I think we started with 8 chairs and ended up with 4 chairs. Other people would just take our chairs. If you dont have kids- I would not even go to this area or go there in afternoon. I did the zipline once and it was an exciting experience. Have fun.:)

Archived