Royal princess: the cruise from hell

ibfern

We have had several black outs

Wow, still having power related issues and continuous black out's on board, how frustrating can that be for all passengers. You have every right to rant on and be disappointed. How discerning to know that you could be lost with out power on the high seas like the previous cruise.

If I were Princess I would file a Lemon law suit and return the ship back to Fincantieri for a new one.

.....snip......................................

If I were Princess I would file a Lemon law suit and return the ship back to Fincantieri for a new one.

I don't think the Lemon Law applies to ships built in Italy. :rolleyes:

This is concerning me as we're in A239, not to far from A308.

Even more concerning at the blackouts at night. Scott uses a CPAP and needs it at night. I'm not dealing with a cranky Scott on the cruise at the end of the month if this is the case...

LOTS of people use CPAP machines !

This sounds like a potentially HUGE problem. :(

(We don't use one so I'm not sure but if you need it to breathe properly isn't that life threatening if it turns off in the middle of the night ?)

Just an FYI, they have to be careful about divulging information about a prior passenger (even the mail mix up is a concern). Revealing information about a persons medical condition is a criminal offense in some areas..

They may have WANTED to tell you but not been able to.

Hi Everybody,

Sorry I have been absent, trying to enjoy this cruise and the beginning of it is so port intensive that there is no time.

I finally discovered what was up with the news and current cabin I am in. Princess accidentally delivered a letter to me- I thought it was a confirmation of another cruise I booked and I put it in a pile. This morning I opened it and got some answers about who was in this room. Indeed the person here was very sick, poor thing, they were getting blood transfusions and all sorts of treatments for days and days. I truly hope this person is OK. And this pretty much confirms that indeed this room was covered in blood, or at least it lends credence to the theory. I wish they had been honest, it bums me out that the truth is hard to come by, and I only discovered it because of a mistake on their part.

I like fresh air as much as possible, I too have developed a sore throat and a cough like many many on the ship which is pretty typical when in confined spaces. My room doesn't really get cleaned either, I have not seen a vacuum cleaner at all and the floor is gross. I am going to ask for cleaning supplies so I can clean my own room! I think my room steward has 22 rooms and I feel sorry for him, wish he wasn't so overworked.

I am finding a lot of strange things about this ship, I certainly hope Princess is reading this and that I can help others avoid issues which will impact their vacations. I know we all have different perspectives and hope you all know that my thoughts reflect me and not necessarily you! 20 years ago that sooty smelly aft room would have not bothered me so much and I hope whoever got it is not bothered by it.

We have had several black outs, seems to happen in the middle of the night and this is of some concern. There are lots of places that smell funny, even on my balcony A308 smells of exhaust at times. Kind of gross!

I did get my luggage replaced, not exactly what I would buy but better than nothing. I am tired and not enjoying this cruise as much as past cruises because I am not handling mishaps as easily as I usually do, it probably has to so with my high anticipation and expectations; this cruise was expensive. For me, I am considering canceling my cruise on this ship next year, and I definitely won't be taking the world cruise I have booked for 2015 because I know the cost will dictate my expectations and that is my greatest learning on this cruise.

Ok wonderful sunrise outside, it's time to go snap some photos!

Amelia

Just an FYI, they have to be careful about divulging information about a prior passenger (even the mail mix up is a concern). Revealing information about a persons medical condition is a criminal offense in some areas..

They may have WANTED to tell you but not been able to.

Though, if they had properly cleaned up the cabin before she moved into it, they would would never have been a thought to wonder what happened. This is where Princess failed IMO.

Hope I haven't made a mistake booking this cruise... we are on the marina deck mid ship :( seems like its having lots of problems

If you can change your cabin you should. The Marina deck is under the public spaces above. You may experience noise at odd hours. Go down a deck or two if you can.

If you can change your cabin you should. The Marina deck is under the public spaces above. You may experience noise at odd hours. Go down a deck or two if you can.

Not the entire Marina deck. The first 1/4 or so is under other cabins on the Lido deck.

Agreed. My guess is tht given the unplanned nature of the transition, no one checked to make sure the bio team had been in (still a major failure).

Though, if they had properly cleaned up the cabin before she moved into it, they would would never have been a thought to wonder what happened. This is where Princess failed IMO.

Not the entire Marina deck. The first 1/4 or so is under other cabins on the Lido deck.

Exactly! It's not the entire Marina Deck - just the midship section. If you go forward, you should be fine. I have a large group booked on the forward Marina section and I was so relieved to hear that they're 'in the clear' as far as the noise goes. Whew!

I was just appalled to read of your unfortunate series of events, but relieved to hear of your compensation. I sincerely hope that the rest of your cruise is smooth sailing.

Just an FYI, the last two cruises that I have been on (Crown and Star) have both had toilet issues. I don't know what caused the problems on the Star, but on the Crown we were told that a passenger flushed the contents of their fruit bowl down the toilet. I think there are a lot of passengers that don't realize how sensitive marine toilets really are, and this ends up causing problems for everyone.:eek:

But some of the things they flush down the toilets on a ship are things that they would NEVER do the same with at home. Diapers, fruit bowels? Who would flush that down their own toilets? So why do it on a ship? Land toilets would have problems with the things I've heard caused problems for marine toilets. Our last Alaska cruise, in 2 weeks there were 2 reported toilet problems - all resolved quickly and no problem for us, luckily. But it does amaze me that people are flushing such things down ANY toilet.

Why would they be giving transfusions and treating a very ill passenger in their cabin instead of in the medical center? Also is blood usually carried on a cruise ship... I was under the impression that if blood was needed onboard a call went out to passengers and/or staff for volunteer donors?

Why would they be giving transfusions and treating a very ill passenger in their cabin instead of in the medical center? Also is blood usually carried on a cruise ship... I was under the impression that if blood was needed onboard a call went out to passengers and/or staff for volunteer donors?

Was thinking the same - but then thought maybe the event that required the transfusions occurred in the cabin, and then the patient was transferred to the medical center for treatment. Although why that cabin wasn't cleaned before giving it to someone else is beyond my imagination. Maybe the blood was donated - can't imagine that a ship would carry blood.

On 4 Of my cruises, the call went out for donors. They don't carry blood on board. It doesn't have a long "shelf life." They also would not transfuse in a cabin. There is a strict protocol for administering blood/products.