Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

Not sure how often I'll post but think I'll check in from time to time. I make my living as an accountant and it's a darn good thing because I'd starve if I was a writer. Please excuse the mistakes.

I'm happy to say my loved one (suitcase) did join me in Quebec. I'm getting spoiled after the penthouse so I had to upgrade my flight to executive. My luggage was overweight so it's lucky I did that. This is my new reality after my luggage was lost in February. I'm living with one suitcase and one larger carry on. There was a couple at the front desk with lost luggage. It gave me a cold sweat. Seems like united has struck several times in the last few days.

The ship has printed in several places that my cruise is 16 days. Everything I have says 15 and thats what it was sold as. Too funny.

My room is pocket sized after the penthouse. I think I'm officially a princess ;).

Going to the tamarind for dinner. I'm obsessed with that place.

Ohhh - so nice that you have checked in Lorene - have a great cruise - and so happy to hear that your luggage followed you this time:D

Never fear you are a princess - everyone on HAL is:D

Have a great time:D

Jealous.

Please go to the piano bar and tell Diane Chris and Kathryn say hello. Then tell the bar stewards Maria and Mike we say hi (they know me for the Weng Weng!). Maria is my most favorite HAL employee ever.

Enjoy!

Haven't met the room stewards yet. Put my service tag out but they haven't come by yet. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Tamarind was a wonderful as I remember. I'm having an issue with my reservation I made online. 2 reservations morphed into one. He said he would take care of it. I'll be eating there at least 5 times. Did I mention that I like it;).

Took one for the team tonight. I think I recall cruiserbruce and brazilgirl saying the tamarind chocolate was too gingery. Apologies if this isn't you that said it. They must have changed it because it was too whip creamy for me and not gingery enough. I almost made it thru dinner without spilling down my white tank but it was not to be:rolleyes:.

I miss the PH.

Jealous.

Please go to the piano bar and tell Diane Chris and Kathryn say hello. Then tell the bar stewards Maria and Mike we say hi (they know me for the Weng Weng!). Maria is my most favorite HAL employee ever.

Enjoy!

I'll try to make it by but usually it opens past my bedtime :rolleyes::D. I'm an early riser at home so usually I get home early even if I don't fall asleep.

You guys are mean:D:p;).

This is my exciting night. Sitting in the terminal using free internet. It's too cold outside:rolleyes:. Shop and walk around tomorrow:).

I'm tossing around doing the Cabot trail excursion. Not thrilled about sitting on the bus for hours. If anyone has feedback I'd love to hear it.

You guys are mean:D:p;).

This is my exciting night. Sitting in the terminal using free internet. It's too cold outside:rolleyes:. Shop and walk around tomorrow:).

I'm tossing around doing the Cabot trail excursion. Not thrilled about sitting on the bus for hours. If anyone has feedback I'd love to hear it.

Re the Cabot Trail. It is a long ride from Sydney to where you actually see any exciting scenery. I don't think you would have time for much of the good stuff before you have to turn around and come back.

I have done the trail a few times and it is truly spectacular but it has been a full day's car trip to do the complete loop. Bear in mind that if the weather is bad you won't see a darn thing.

Have you been to the Bell Museum in Baddeck? It is most interesting and there are some lovely scenic views on the way.

I don't know about the Fortress of Louisbourg at this time of year. I love it in the summer but that point of land jutting into the ocean is chilly even then. It could be very cold at this time of year. I don't know how much of it would be open as the students have gone back to college and the tourist season is all but over.

If I were on the Eurodam right now I would go for the Bell Museum.

Hi, Lorene! Glad to read your bag made it this time. Enjoy!

Dave

Hello Dave. I have thought of you and your awful day over the last few weeks. Hope you are recovering, if that is the right word. I wish you well. :)

I am jealous....you are on another cruise and get to eat at the Tamarind 5 times! Turning faintly green with envy. :)

Yes , we had the overly spiced Ginger Chocolate dessert...and believe me , I love heat in my food. I think it was a mistake , there is no way it was " normal".

Have a wonderful time on the Eurodam , such a lovely ship. Eat some bacon for me!

Re the Cabot Trail. It is a long ride from Sydney to where you actually see any exciting scenery. I don't think you would have time for much of the good stuff before you have to turn around and come back.

I have done the trail a few times and it is truly spectacular but it has been a full day's car trip to do the complete loop. Bear in mind that if the weather is bad you won't see a darn thing.

Have you been to the Bell Museum in Baddeck? It is most interesting and there are some lovely scenic views on the way.

I don't know about the Fortress of Louisbourg at this time of year. I love it in the summer but that point of land jutting into the ocean is chilly even then. It could be very cold at this time of year. I don't know how much of it would be open as the students have gone back to college and the tourist season is all but over.

If I were on the Eurodam right now I would go for the Bell Museum.

Thx for the info about Cabot trail and also the museum. I'm not much of a museum person but I'll think about it. Back on the ship now so I'll say goodnight.

Thx for the nice comments everyone. Brazil, I'm going to do my best to make you bacon proud :D.

Archived