Pinnacle at age 25!!!

I still do not understand why so many people are hung up on a status in a loyalty Scheme. Yes I enjoy the benefits that I get, but they are not life changing and certainly once above Diamond the benefits are fairly similar ( and yes you have to spend a lot of money to get a Pinnacle free cruise ). If I want to cruise I will, I look at the best options for myself and Mrs C and book that.

Sometimes it will be on a Royal ship and I enjoy the lounge access, but a couple of free drinks does not buy our loyalty. That is earned from the very first cruise where we enjoyed ourselves and decided to come back. If I continue to enjoy my cruise experience, and get value for money, I will continue to return.

I don't care what other levels fellow cruisers are at, their Pound, Euro, Dollar is worth the same as mine and therefore we should all be treated well.

Sometimes I find cruises with other lines that offer different ports, and different benefits, it that suits our needs we would choose those options.

Yes Royal is our preferred Cruise Line, but I know my name and do not need it on a badge to remind myself of it, although I recognise those that have achieved Pinnacle and respect their right to wear the badge if they choose to.:D

Well said, thank you.

I don't know which is more amusing:

1. Reading a resurrected thread and being reminded of past comments.

or

2. The rumor of some Brazilian kid who gets younger every time the story is told.

:D

True. Since we had the pleasure of actually meeting the young lady, I hope you would trust my version. :cool:

Edited by travelgoddess1

True. Since we had the pleasure of actually meeting the young lady, I hope you would trust my version. :cool:

I would love to here it, since the only version I have heard is that she is nine.

I hope everyone noticed that I included a disclaimer with my post.

There were other ages tossed about, but in January she was 9. I'm guessing she is now 10. :rolleyes: ;)

Thank you. :)

Okay, so what I heard was not too far off. Still impressive. Still, they will not allow her to cruise alone until she is 21, unless she gets married before then.

Edited by Cuizer2

Excuse my lack of knowledge here but do these statuses give you much onboard? Diamond, pinnacle etc.

I'm the top one on NCL and we get a few things like a bottle of sparkling, dinner for two etc but not that great.

We've two weeks on Navigator next July in an Owners Suite and a Grand Suite with drinks included, is there much we'll miss out on?

Not so much onboard, depends on level

discounts on wifi (free for pinnacle, other levels it is 1-2 days free or you can take $20-$40 off the package for the week) , drinks- a percentage off a package (% depends on the level but right now it is 20% - 40%), 2 for one drink coupons, and other coupons that you may or may not ever use

The biggest perk is depending on your level you get a discount off balcony rooms & higher (if booked more than 6 months out- the discount is higher).

You do get free drinks in the diamond lounge in the evening or three free drinks during the hours of I think 5:00-8:00 (not sure of the times because we always buy a drink package)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by rum & monkey

YOUNG people with HIGH cruise status. One girl or maybe two, maybe twins. As I remember after talking with parent, they cruised with parents, with both sets of grand parents and occasionally with aunt's and Uncles. mostly in upscale cabins. Remember a few years ago many of us took advantage to the double points for booking longer cruise and better cabins.