157 days out and reservations are open!

DnR

Cruising on Oasis for Spring Break - March 22, 2014. Went to look around today and found that the show and restaurants are open for reservations already! I was told 90 days before! Glad I checked!

We're on Allure leaving 8 December, and the reservations didn't open until the end of last week at 58 days out? Something weird is happening with the reservation on-line system if you can book six months in advance and I had to wait until less than two months......

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

We're on Allure leaving 8 December, and the reservations didn't open until the end of last week at 58 days out?

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

That was the same with us this past January on Oasis. I am not really sure why it has opened for our March sailing so early but we booked what we needed.

Reservations are open for Mar 23 sailing on the Allure also---has been posted on our roll call. I understand every school system in FL is on Spring Break that week, so maybe because ships will be full (6000+) RCCL wants to start filling slots early?? Just a thought.

One of our Roll Call Members posted this today. Our cruise isn't until the last week of April, 2014. However, when I checked a few minutes ago, the dining reservations are open but not the show reservations. I too had been told 90 days out by my TA & a RC Rep. :rolleyes:

Cruising on Oasis for Spring Break - March 22, 2014. Went to look around today and found that the show and restaurants are open for reservations already! I was told 90 days before! Glad I checked!
are you serious I am on the oasis a week later I had better check thanks would have never thought to check

That is crazy. I know my cruise is 203 days out and they are not open yet. I wonder where the cut off is.. Must be close I will have to keep my eyes open

There's no set time to open reservations. Royal appears to open up blocks of sailings at one time, so it might appear longer for some cruises and shorter for others.

Are the Oasis class the only type of ship where you need to make show reservations? I'll be on the Liberty for Spring Break and have never cruised anything larger than Voyager class before.

Freedom and Liberty still have advance reservations for the ice show, but none of the other shows.

As stated before, it goes in blocks of time. We experienced that with our Allure cruise earlier this year. Ours opened almost exactly at 90 days, but others in the same time block opened anywhere from 50 - 120+ days out.

A few years ago the shore reservations only opened up 6 weeks in advance. Now our Oasis cruise in May, 2015 is already open for Shorex. Of course, if they make changes to the excursions in the meantime many people will be unhappy. If they wait until 6 weeks out people will be unhappy. Methinks there should be a happy medium.:rolleyes:

I always thought you must be paid in full to start check in- seapass and reservations

No, you can fill out your SeaPass info as soon as you have a booking. You usually can't print the SeaPass until final payment has been made.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived