The First thing I do on board is....?

Mr Robberts

NCL had us show up so late (although we came to port an hour before they said, it was still late) that our room was ready, so the first thing I did was unpack our daypacks that we carried on, and the second was unpack the carry-on sized suitcases that were delivered right after! We were all moved in before muster!

So unpack. Muster. Sailaway with mardigras beads at Bier Garten, then finally getting to eat at the barbeque on the pool deck.

Got to stateroom (if allowed) and dump the carry on's, then find out what area of the ship they allow cigar smokers. Proceed to said area purchase a Knob Creek on the rocks and light up a Macanudo Gold Label Cigar kick back and enjoy. Vacation has officially started.

This will be our second cruise. To answer the question of what we do absolutely first, last time it was lunch in the MDR. We'll probably do that again this time as well, since I'm really not a big fan of buffets. (Nothing against NCL's buffet specifically - I have a weird thing about buffets in general)

Last time, we cruised out of NYC in Oct and it was a little cold after dark. We ended up in a hot tub instead of going to dinner that evening. There were buckets of beer involved. Don't judge too much - we shared with the new friends we made during sail away. :D We are sailing out of NYC in late Feb for our second cruise and I'd LOVE some hot tub time again in the cold after sail away. We had a blast - it was the most fun we had on the ship the whole cruise! So that may become our cruise ritual, at least when sailing out of NYC in the cold, anyway! :rolleyes:

It's really interesting to see what everyone else does first. We're just excited to be on vacation - no time for unpacking or exploring until the next day, LOL!