The First thing I do on board is....?

Mr Robberts

my wife's priority is to get into the cabin and do her almost manic Clorox whip down of the cabin. now don't get me wrong she's not a germaphobe. but no hard surface in that cabin doesn't get a little one on one time with a Clorox cleanup. knobs ,pulls, phones ,handles, switch's and the things she does to that remote makes me cringe. our second or third cruise had a terrible noro outbreak and since then a germ doesn't stand a chance in our cabin . hell she puts the whips in her carry on so its there even if my clothes aren't

I think her putting "whips" in her carry on is too much tmi! Lol.

I unpack and make my list for the cabin steward. Like empty the fridge, I want more pillows, I need bags for trash...etc.

I study the daily schedule and get the menu for dinner.

I take a nap before the drill. The drill is my official kickoff of vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Have the welcome talk and walkabout from the Concierge in the Haven bar and then walk down the corridors and have a nose in the other cabins through the open doors if I can.

On the next one in December I shall immediately head to the top of the ship and gaze in wonder at NYC from a perspective not usually available - 17 floors up open air.

If we have flown to catch the ship, we eat in the buffet or MDR since we got there early.

But if we catch the ship in our home port, we get on board about 1hr prior to sailing so we don't have time to do much accept thank God we made it.

I must admit we do the Lysol and Clorox wipe thing too! Everything from sheets to whatever the hands can touch gets a through spray or wipe. It smells like vanilla in there when I done. (I bring the vanilla secented Lysol)

The other thing I do is request an iron so I can get the chore of ironing the wrinkly stuff out of the way. (Boo! Hiss!)

Yell at some poor crew member for no good reason.

Just kidding

We get something to eat then start in on the beverages until the cabin is ready.

On X we go to the lawn club grill on my 1st NCL next year we will be in Cagneys !! Can't wait.

We usually eat the buffet or Guy's burgers 1st but since this will be our 1st ever

Norwegian cruise, we will explore the ship! So excited!! I must

find out what Cagney's is and if its on our ship! :D

Cagney's is the steakhouse that is on all the ships. Unless you have booked a suite or higher you cannot eat there for breakfast or lunch. That's a suite only perk. You can eat lunch on embarkation day in one of the MDR's though. :)

I unpack and make my list for the cabin steward. Like empty the fridge, I want more pillows, I need bags for trash...etc.

Too funny!

my wife's priority is to get into the cabin and do her almost manic Clorox whip down of the cabin. now don't get me wrong she's not a germaphobe. but no hard surface in that cabin doesn't get a little one on one time with a Clorox cleanup. knobs ,pulls, phones ,handles, switch's and the things she does to that remote makes me cringe. our second or third cruise had a terrible noro outbreak and since then a germ doesn't stand a chance in our cabin . hell she puts the whips in her carry on so its there even if my clothes aren't

"...she puts the whips in her carry on so its there even if my clothes aren't"

Oh. Okay.

This is our first time on NCL.

I hadn't seen this on other "What to Pack" lists, but now we know.

And clothing optional, no less...

:)

GeezerCouple

I love to be one of the first ones on... "Let's get This Party Started!!!!"

Suite check in - it is sweeeetttt. Then on to Cagney's (or Il Adagio on the Sun), sit down for a nice lunch. Meet the concierge and butler. Get confirmed on the Chef's Table. Peruse the freestyle daily. Check out the lay of the ship - but if I am on the Sun, I can find my way around with my eyes closed!!!

Once the room is ready we go by and put our carry-ons down and meet the room steward usually. Check out bar set-up and mixers. We like to be on the balcony for sailaway. Although last time we messed up and were in the spa.

Immediately obtain UBP sticker!

Yes!!!

And then head to O'Sheehan's and put that sticker to good use, with some yummy chicken wings and mozzarella sticks!!

We always try to use the hot tubs on embarkation day too - it's the emptiest they'll be as no one seems to think to pack their bathing suit in their carry on!

Head to "Guest Relations" and order egg crate mattress covers for all beds in cabin and then eat lunch. Call me crazy but, I love the atmosphere of the buffet. Everyone is so excited and loud and it just adds to the fun of the day.:D

I usually lurk in the hall for my cabin steward and grab him so that we have our mattress all ready to go for the night - I thought I was the only one:D

And I love the analagy of the excited 5 year old - I think, "yes, I am finally back home where I belong!"

Usually we hang around the atrium with a tropical vacation'y drink and people watch. We tend to stay away from the masses (pool deck and buffet) until after we can get into our cabins and deposit our carry-on stuff. The plan for our next cruise (Breakaway) is to have very little to carry so we can explore the ship a bit before sail away.

Once I get on the ship, I go up to an open deck and scream out "SUCKERS" to all those poor souls who just got off the ship, but are still mingling around the port as they look up at me with eyes all swollen from holding back tears..

What is TAPATALK ???

The first thing I do is I o to see if my cabin is ready. If it is I check out the view from the balcony, crank up the AC and throw myself on the bed for a bit. Then I go get a bite to eat. If it is not ready depending on my cabin I either go to the buffet or Cagney's for something to eat.