Saturday Sailaways for Eurodam and Maasdam

rafinmd

Here's the full lineup of today's sailaways from Lou and Dave's facebook page with one addition:

Halifax | Eurodam | 16:00 (15:00 Eastern, high noon Pacific)

KW | MAASDAM | 17:00 (14:00 Pacific)

PE | CARNIVAL FREEDOM | 16:00 (#48 Jimmie Johnson Flag Wave-Richard | Green Bay Banner-Carolyn) (13:00 Pacific)

PE | OASIS OF THE SEAS | 17:00 (Wave(s)-Larry, Donald)(14:00Pacific)

PM | CARNIVAL VICTORY | 16:00 (13:00 Pacific)

PM | CARNIVAL LIBERTY| 16:00(13:00 Pacific)

NYH | NORWEGIAN GEM | 16:00(13:00 Pacific)

NYH | CELEBRITY SUMMIT | 17:00 (14:00 Pacific)

NYH | CARIBBEAN PRINCESS | 17:00 (14:00 Pacific)

PC | CARNIVAL DREAM | 16:00 (Webcam Wave-Kathy)(13:00 Pacific)

PC | DISNEY FANTASY | 17:00 (14:00 Pacific)

For New York Princess will be from Brooklyn, Summit from NJ, and Gem from Manhattan)

All the official sources say the Maasdam will sail at 17:00, but sun~ reported yesterday from on board that it may be about 16:00. I will try to keep an eye on the Key West camera for signs of an impending sailaway before 17:00.

The webcams are:

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/halifax/pier-21.html

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/halifax/harbour-entrance.html

Looks like a great day for aliaschief in Halifax. The Harbour Entrance camera currently has a clear view.

And here's Key West:

http://keywestharborwebcam.com/

The gangway view is obstructed by the top of a tree but I think I can see people disembarking.

Roy

Roy, you're making life very difficult for us addicts! :) So many choices, so little time. I'll be back and forth. Must try to do a few chores today!

The chief's only away for a little way. I need to do as much as I can in a short time frame.

Roy

All should now be aboard on the Eurodam if the Chief, DW, and fellow passengers will get away on time. It looks like they had lovely weather in Halifax.

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/halifax/pier-21.html

is not a true real time camera. The image is updated periodically. If you put your cursor on the picture you will see "refresh rate" at the bottom edge of the picture with choices running from 2 seconds to 2 minutes. Click on 2 sec for the best results. A cruise ship will not change position very much in 2 seconds.

Roy

Clearly doing a spin in place and heading directly out to sea instead of going around Georges Island. When it leaves the Pier 21 view it should be visible on the Harbour Entrance camera but no guarantees.

I see the stern on the Harbour Entrance camera.

Roy

You will see her soon on The Chebucto Head camera shortly.

Thanks, I missed that camera. Chief, wishing you as sunny a day tomorrow as you had in Halifax today.

Carol, I'm surprised at how foggy it is in New York. It's very nice in Baltimore.

Well, time to leave the fire house and be home in time for the Maasdam.

Roy

Really nice shot of Maasdam at the pier. You can see people boarding under the canopy.

Key West is on my bucket list. It really is gorgeous there today. It is cloudy and cool with a few rain sprinkles in Central Virginia. A perfect day to watch the ships on the webcams.

What new cabins are those, Kazu? I did get a screen shot - don't know if it shows what you want, maybe I could post it for a little while, and then remove it? Maasdam doesn't have the "Retreat", does it? I was hoping for the proper seaview pool.

Archived