explore inside cabin help

macfin

1. we are on explorer in 8 days!
  2. looking for info on the cabin set with 4 people , ie: pullman bed and extra bed --we are with our 2 kids and i cant seem to find any pics of how it looks?

thank you

Are the cabins on Freedom similar in size? We have been debating between an oceanview and a family oceanview. We are a family of 5---myself, DW, DS 9, DD 7, and DD 1-1/2. We have been told that we could book into a quad because of the 5th pax being under 3. We're pretty well convinced of the FOV cabin, but seeing these photos kind of puts the final nail in the coffin on that decision if the standard Freedom class cabins are this same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are the cabins on Freedom similar in size? We have been debating between an oceanview and a family oceanview. We are a family of 5---myself, DW, DS 9, DD 7, and DD 1-1/2. We have been told that we could book into a quad because of the 5th pax being under 3. We're pretty well convinced of the FOV cabin, but seeing these photos kind of puts the final nail in the coffin on that decision if the standard Freedom class cabins are this same size.

The FOV staterooms on Freedom are a bit larger than those on Explorer. Royal's website says 293 sq ft on Freedom vs 265 sq ft on Explorer.

Definately go for the FOV cabin. 5 in a regular Oceanview would be way to crowded.

Definately go for the FOV cabin. 5 in a regular Oceanview would be way to crowded.

That's what I was thinking too. We don't spend a lot of time on our cabin anyway. But after seeing that photo with the 2 Pullmans down, I can't imagine stuffing a pack n play in there as well...thanks for the advice. Behind that you're not the first person to say that, FOV looks like the way to go for us. Thanks!

That's what I was thinking too. We don't spend a lot of time on our cabin anyway. But after seeing that photo with the 2 Pullmans down, I can't imagine stuffing a pack n play in there as well...thanks for the advice. Behind that you're not the first person to say that, FOV looks like the way to go for us. Thanks!

inside on Explorer is even smaller than that picture

inside on Explorer is even smaller than that picture

Thanks for the info. We weren't planning on booking an inside. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but had to ask since u saw the photos. We're not claustrophobic, but really enjoy the natural daylight coming in. We def don't need a balcony (they're nice , but didn't spend enough time on it to justify the extra cost. The only time we ever had a balcony it was a free upgrade (yes , you all heard that correctly)), but really appreciate a view to the outside.

we usually do outside or balcony ...so i know what you mean about tight - the only reason we did was purely price --- for under $400 bucks pp we are doing a 7 day Bermuda cruise --- and we,especially, with a 6 and 9 yo only spend minimal time in the cabin..it will be an adventure im sure tho..

Thanks for the photos, we are sailing Legend of the Seas for Christmas....a quick question...... During the day will they put up the two pullman beds and put them back down at night....do I have to ask for this??.....just wondering :confused:

Your cabin steward will take care of this daily. No worries. :)

Another quick question, now that I see the size of the inside cabin I am travelling with my husband and 2 teenage daughters (so lots of luggage) I am hoping there is room to store suitcases under the bed......tell me this is so.....:)

Yes, there is usually room under the bed for suitcases.

We always get inside cabins, I love how dark they are for naps and don't always want to see the (moving) horizon....

Most cruises our adult DD and her 6'+ son travel with us, so there are 4 full size adults in the cabin. Like others have said we don't spend much time in the cabin so don't mind how small it is.

We unpack 1/2 of our clothes the first day, keep one suitcase in the closet for dirty clothes and put the rest under the beds. When we need to, we unpack the rest of the clothes. Works fine for us.

We also have the bottom beds split, it does make it roomier and you're not dodging the overhead beds and ladders in the middle of the night.

Archived