Another Wine Question...Sorry!

musicfam

We are sailing soon and are so excited to be able to enjoy a glass of wine in our cabin. This will have little impact on our bar tab which is usually a couple times our cruise fare! My question is the best way to bring your two bottles on. Can you put them in your suitcase or do you need to carry them on? Has anyone noticed how closely they monitor it? Any tips or experience?

We are sailing soon and are so excited to be able to enjoy a glass of wine in our cabin. This will have little impact on our bar tab which is usually a couple times our cruise fare! My question is the best way to bring your two bottles on. Can you put them in your suitcase or do you need to carry them on? Has anyone noticed how closely they monitor it? Any tips or experience?

You must carry on your wine to the ship.We take ours wrapped in bubble wrap and then in a wine cooler bag that we put in our carry on. We got the tip to wrap your wine in bubble wrap by someone who dropped their wine cooler when they got to the port.The poor couple not only lost their wine but because they got the wine all over their carry on and themselves . Spent the morning telling people "no we haven't been out drinking "

Despite the answers you've been given, RCCL's policy does not specify that wine you bring on board must be in your carry on bag. Most people recommend that, but it's not part of the policy, unless that was just changed. Last cruise I was on, I used a backpack as my carry-on bag, and it had a padded compartment for a laptop. I wasn't bringing a laptop on, so used that area for two bottles of wine (with a t-shirt or something like that between the bottles to keep them for knocking into each other).

There is no requirement as to how you carry on your bottles. It is "better" to carry it on so that security can see that you have wine, not liquor.

If you put the bottles in your checked suitcase, x-rays may confirm a bottle, but obviously cannot identify its contents. You may be called down (to the famous "naughty room", on Deck 1 or 2, depending on your ship) to open your bag and show your bottles. This takes away precious cruise time and can be quite annoying. PLUS, you then have to haul your own bag up to your cabin.

Just carry it on as a matter of convenience to YOU.

Archived