Complimentary dinner in specialty restaurent

izzypooch

We usually book directly with Royal but this time around we used a TA who among other perks is giving us dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. I was told it has to be on a port day and that upon boarding we should go to the restaurant to make our reservation and that our names will be on a manifest.

Has anyone who has had the same type of arrangement had any problems ? I'm thinking what if our name isn't on the list? Once I'm on board how would I get the matter resolved? Do you think I should call the TA and ask for something in writing to take with me? I do have the copy of the agreement that mentioned it when we booked, but that's all.

Advice, please.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We usually book directly with Royal but this time around we used a TA who among other perks is giving us dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. I was told it has to be on a port day and that upon boarding we should go to the restaurant to make our reservation and that our names will be on a manifest.

Has anyone who has had the same type of arrangement had any problems ? I'm thinking what if our name isn't on the list? Once I'm on board how would I get the matter resolved? Do you think I should call the TA and ask for something in writing to take with me? I do have the copy of the agreement that mentioned it when we booked, but that's all.

We had the same deal a while back, and the TA gave us a paper voucher in addition to having our names transmitted to the ship.

I didn't get a voucher. I've just trusted that it would be as "advertised" having cruised through that TA many times and never had an issue. The first evening on board I got a call from the specialty restaurant guy regarding the complimentary dinner and he arranged a time for me.

I called my TA this morning to see if I could get a voucher and she said Royal had discontinued issuing them and that the names are emailed a few days before sailing. She said "I'm sure you won't have any problems" but if I did to go to guest services who would contact TA. So guess I won't worry about it and move on to other pre-cruise worries....like how to get all the clothes I want to take in 2 suitcases!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have gotten these for the last few cruises.

I just go to the restaurant and speak with the Mgr to make our booking and he confirms with guest services, you cannot do it in advance which is a pain when the good time slots are taken when you board, but it's worked out O.K. and I love it as an incentive. We tend to book it on first formal so we don't have to go to the MDR. ;)

BTW, no one has ever told us it HAD to be a port day.

We have enjoyed the TA perk for the last 3 or 4 years. Yes, in the past, we did receive a voucher that we simply took to the restaurant of choice. And although it did say it was to be booked on a port day, we never had a problem booking it on non-port days.

However fast-forward to this year and we were told no more vouchers -- simply go to the restaurant of choice on board and book. We had absolutely no problem with that. Our names were on their list. But they DID enforce the "only on a port day" rule this time. It was on Oasis FWIW.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ann

Archived