RCI's Coco Cay, they only allow one ship there per day, correct?

That's not necessarily true. I have been there twice on Monarch or maybe it was Sovereign and the Majesty was also there.

I was also on the Bud Light cruise one year with both Freedom and Liberty. It was packed to the gills but that was a charter so i cant see that happening very often.

We're sailing in January, and without having to search through each RCI's ship calendars, I think they only allow one ship per day, but I wanted to ask (as it's a fairly small area for too many passengers if two ships stopped the same day).

I got the opposite impression.

We were there in June on Enchantment and it reminded me a lot of Princess Cay re. size, amenities, lousy beach, etc. Then I took a little walk down the beach and found the water slide area, which is a much wider expanse of beach. I thought to myself, this setup must be to accommodate multiple ships.

Sorry for chiming in since I don't really know the answer to your question.:o

We were on Enchantment in December and were there with Monarch (or Majesty) both times (did a b2b and stopped at Coco Cay the same day both cruises). It was more crowded than in May when Grandeur was the only ship in port. Main thing was to remember which tender location went to which ship to give time to walk to either to get back on board.

I've been to Coco Cay five times, and each time there was only one ship at the island, but I had heard that sometimes there might be two ships in the same day. That seems like a lot of passengers for the number of restrooms and the one dining area, unless they added a second area for dining? When there are two ships there, are the arrival and departure times staggered, or do the passengers from both ships eat at the same time in the same picnic area? I'm not trying to sound grumpy, it's a great island, very enjoyable!

I've been to Coco Cay five times, and each time there was only one ship at the island, but I had heard that sometimes there might be two ships in the same day. That seems like a lot of passengers for the number of restrooms and the one dining area, unless they added a second area for dining? When there are two ships there, are the arrival and departure times staggered, or do the passengers from both ships eat at the same time in the same picnic area? I'm not trying to sound grumpy, it's a great island, very enjoyable!

There is a second dining area if you get off the ship and head to the right and follow the path all the way down. Its near the volleyball court and all that.

Depending on the size of the ship it could be crowded but as i recall when it was just the two smaller ships it wasnt terrible. It certainly didnt keep us from eating or getting chairs. I really wouldnt worry too much about it to be honest.

They normally only send one ship there. I was there when one of the other posters was, but I was on Majesty. They told us they did it so a plane could fly over getting film for a commercial. The worst part was the slow tenders that day. A few people took tenders to the wrong ship.

Cocoa Cay has been expended facilities and beach wise over the last few years to accommodate two ships. They have expanded the tender port and added more tenders. Despite the fact that we have never been there with two ships the added areas are nearly always very slightly populated. The last visit was on Enchantment and we will be back Tuesday :)

We were there in 2011 on Freedom and there was another ship there (can't remember which one) and it was crowded. Lines for food were long and they were running out of stuff. With tendering, we didn't even get there til 12:30.

Thanks so much to the person that supplied the http://www.cruisett.com website...I just checked it and on Jan 12th when the Enchantment will be at Coco Cay, the Majesty will be there also....to me from having been there five times, that just seems like too many people at one time on this private island. Oh well, at least on future cruises I can check this website before booking. Standing in line for the tenders is good to know about possibly getting on the wrong tender for the wrong ship!

The tenders for the ships are in two different locations. What I needed to remember is which tender location to go to for the ship I was on. The tenders at one location won't be divided between the two ships. One of the tender locations was farther from the cabana we had, and my mom has back trouble, so we just needed to allow enough time to get to it.

We're sailing in January, and without having to search through each RCI's ship calendars, I think they only allow one ship per day, but I wanted to ask (as it's a fairly small area for too many passengers if two ships stopped the same day).

there were two of us the day we stopped there. that's all that can be accomodated though.. only 2 boarding areas( on opposite sides of the inlet)

it is unlikely that you would ever see say both Oasis and Allure at the same time.

The tenders for the ships are in two different locations. What I needed to remember is which tender location to go to for the ship I was on. The tenders at one location won't be divided between the two ships. One of the tender locations was farther from the cabana we had, and my mom has back trouble, so we just needed to allow enough time to get to it.

the guy running the first leg of security was very vocal about the ship he was screening for the entire time and IIRC there was a small sign at the entrance

there were two of us the day we stopped there. that's all that can be accomodated though.. only 2 boarding areas( on opposite sides of the inlet)

it is unlikely that you would ever see say both Oasis and Allure at the same time.

Oasis and Allure do not sail to Coco Cay or any other tender port for that matter.

I just checked and our Majesty cruise in February will be sharing Coco Cay with Serenade. I guess I need to research a little more about crowded areas.

That's a good idea, the beach by the water toys is a further walk and wasn't as crowded Last Wednesday. With two ships in port they should have both lunch locations open. I had a scuba dive excursion canceled, I'm betting I was the only one signed up, so maybe that would be a good day to dive.

Two points, sites like the ones that tell you what ships are in what port are not 100% accurate. Also weather (wind) can change what ships are in CoCo Cay

Good point, they were 60% accurate on my last cruise and they showed a Carnival ship going to Coco Cay once a week. Does anyone know if that really happens?

Two points, sites like the ones that tell you what ships are in what port are not 100% accurate. Also weather (wind) can change what ships are in CoCo Cay

Those sites will generally not list charters or other cruises not available through computer reservation systems such as Sabre, Apollo/Worldspan, or Amadeus.

Good point, they were 60% accurate on my last cruise and they showed a Carnival ship going to Coco Cay once a week. Does anyone know if that really happens?

Yes Carnival has signed a lease agreement with RCI to use Coco Cay. I believe that the Carnival ships will only able to dock on days that RCI ships are not at the island.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Carnival-ships-to-call-at-private-island-of-Royal-Caribbean/

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Yes. I was talking to the lady at the CocoCay Logo store. She said a Carnival ship was coming to island the next day, so the CocoCay Logo store would be closed as Carnival calls it Little Stirrup Cay (the island's real name) and they don't have any logo merch. with that name. The lady said she would be working the Snorkel shack instead.