Thank you Guest Services: FOS!!!!

Just off Freedom today. We had a pretty expensive garment suitcase that we bought last year hoping we wouldn't have to buy another one ever!! :rolleyes:!! Well, we embarked at Port Canaveral dropped our luggage off at the pier but unfortunately the telescoping handle was broken between the pier and our cabin. We really didn't expect Royal Caribbean to do anything but we filled out a damage claim as requested by Guest Services. Next thing we know, the head of housekeeping came to the cabin to take the bag and see if the maintenance department could fix it.........no luck, not fixable. We were ok with that since the bag had a lifetime warranty on it and we figured we would call Briggs-Stratton once we got home....

Guess what??!! Guest services gave us a brand spanking new suitcase....we didn't ask for anything 'cos we thought the damage was probably done by the pier porter!!! They (GS) were wonderful, we WOW'D them and tipped them plus mentioned them on our comment card. Amazing customer service!!!!!:):):)

Just off Freedom today. We had a pretty expensive garment suitcase that we bought last year hoping we wouldn't have to buy another one ever!! :rolleyes:!! Well, we embarked at Port Canaveral dropped our luggage off at the pier but unfortunately the telescoping handle was broken between the pier and our cabin. We really didn't expect Royal Caribbean to do anything but we filled out a damage claim as requested by Guest Services. Next thing we know, the head of housekeeping came to the cabin to take the bag and see if the maintenance department could fix it.........no luck, not fixable. We were ok with that since the bag had a lifetime warranty on it and we figured we would call Briggs-Stratton once we got home....

Guess what??!! Guest services gave us a brand spanking new suitcase....we didn't ask for anything 'cos we thought the damage was probably done by the pier porter!!! They (GS) were wonderful, we WOW'D them and tipped them plus mentioned them on our comment card. Amazing customer service!!!!!:):):)

I think you mean Briggs & Reilly as they are the ones with the lifetime guarantee.

Hope that they gave you back your damaged piece, because the telescopic handle is repairable. We just had to have one repaired after our June cruise.

Briggs & Stratton. I have a lawnmower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. Was aware that they also made luggage. Interesting

Adam

Ziggypup@aol.com

...no luck, not fixable. We were ok with that since the bag had a lifetime warranty on it and we figured we would call Briggs-Stratton once we got home.:):):)

As cruisenfever mentioned, not sure about the quality of their garment bags but they make one heck of a good lawnmower engine! :D;)

Either way, glad it worked out for you.

I think you mean Briggs & Reilly as they are the ones with the lifetime guarantee.

Hope that they gave you back your damaged piece, because the telescopic handle is repairable. We just had to have one repaired after our June cruise.

My bad, it is Briggs and Reilly. We had a wonderful, relaxing cruise...all services were great, dining room food was really good and the overflow Diamond Lounge was even better than the Diamond Lounge itself!! Yes, they did give us the damaged bag back.....we will keep our fingers crossed that the Lifetime Guarantee is indeed what it is called!!! Actually, all we want is a new telescoping handle....

My bad, it is Briggs and Reilly. We had a wonderful, relaxing cruise...all services were great, dining room food was really good and the overflow Diamond Lounge was even better than the Diamond Lounge itself!! Yes, they did give us the damaged bag back.....we will keep our fingers crossed that the Lifetime Guarantee is indeed what it is called!!! Actually, all we want is a new telescoping handle....

If you contact the company, they will tell you that you can take it to any authorized B&R luggage repair facility. If it can not be repaired, it will be replaced.

much better customer service than in the Princess terminal. We set our luggage out in the hallway the night before in fine condition. The next time we saw our luggage in the terminal it looked like they used it to cushion the ship in case it hit the dock! We had to seek out the Princess Rep who agreed it was damaged and then all we got was a phone #. Had to take pictures, make a dozen phone calls and finally when we thought none of this was worth the hassle, we received a check for $100. Way more trouble than you had. And no smile or apology.

We just returned from this cruise, also. Great service and Richard Spacey was fantastic as the cruise director. We are Diamond and didn't even know about the overflow - where was it? We just stayed in the cramped one. We did not receive any Diamond communication in our stateroom throughout the week. I tried to chat with the Diamond concierge numerous times in the evening, but he was always too busy on his phone to talk.

I am debating whether to bring on my golf cart on the ship

You bring yours and i'll bring mine. (electric)

How cool would that be zippin around the ports in your own cart. :cool:

Grand Cayman could be an issue though.:eek:

We just returned from this cruise, also. Great service and Richard Spacey was fantastic as the cruise director. We are Diamond and didn't even know about the overflow - where was it? We just stayed in the cramped one. We did not receive any Diamond communication in our stateroom throughout the week. I tried to chat with the Diamond concierge numerous times in the evening, but he was always too busy on his phone to talk.

The Diamond overflow lounge was right after the bathrooms next to the main lounge. I can't remember what the rooms are called.....but if you were to come out of the main Diamond Lounge and turn left you would see them right in front of you. I didn't know about them either until my sister saw them, there was a sign in front of the door but you didn't need a door key/card to get in.....It was much quieter and spacious than the main DL. ;)

Archived