Please send thoughts and prayers to HAL's Filipino crew families

sppunk

Exactly.

Unfortunatly all charities these days need donor scrutiny.

This damage from this particular storm will take sometime, to say the least, to clear up.

I can only suggest other then the prayers & possible donations to the relief organization involved that CC cruisers to ask the good Filipino staff aboard how they're family & friends are doing with the utmost compassion & empathy.

A good word or two never hurts.

Be well.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

This was just posted on Facebook by HAL:

Holland America Line

We want to thank you for your concern regarding our crew, their families and all those impacted by Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan). Holland America Line and Seabourn are proud to be making a $25,000 donation to support disaster relief in the area.

Many of our loyal cruisers have also asked about making a donation to support those in the Philippines through Holland America Line. This can be done via check, payable to the Holland America Line Foundation. Please note “Philippine Disaster Relief Fund” in the check memo line.

Mail to – Holland America Line...

Attn: Philippine Disaster Relief Fund

300 Elliott Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

Receipts will be issued for all donations $250 and above. If you would like a receipt for an amount below that, please note that with your check.

Donations will benefit the Philippine Red Cross.

Thank you for your continued support and goodwill. Our thoughts and prayers are with our valued crew and all those impacted by this tragic event.

Holland America Line

We want to thank you for your concern regarding our crew, their families and all those impacted by Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan). Holland America Line and Seabourn are proud to be making a $25,000 donation to support disaster relief in the area.

Many of our loyal cruisers have also asked about making a donation to support those in the Philippines through Holland America Line. This can be done via check, payable to the Holland America Line Foundation. Please note “Philippine Disaster Relief Fund” in the check memo line.

300 Elliott Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

Receipts will be issued for all donations $250 and above. If you would like a receipt for an amount below that, please note that with your check.

Thank you for your continued support and goodwill. Our thoughts and prayers are with our valued crew and all those impacted by this tragic event.

Excellent. It all works.

The crew & families, along with their neighbors, continue to be in my thoughts.

IMHO & experience, folks will do exceptional things for one another during any survival circumstance (s).

We can only provide certain help after the fact.

God bless.

Be well.

Bob:)

Holland America Line

300 Elliott Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

I saw that on the HAL FB page, and to be honest, my first reaction was that $25K is not a big donation from a huge corporation that relies largely on crew from the Philippines who work their butts off. I also would like to know what practical things they are doing to help the crew - hopefully they are helping them to locate family members. My heart goes out to them, it must be an appalling situation to be working onboard and not knowing what is happening at home.

A few days ago marked the year anniversary of Sandy. SO many people are still without homes from that disaster. It will take a very long time to clean up from this storm, bury the dead, try to find survivors, and rebuild. It must feel insurmountable to them. Imagine losing everything and possibly everyone.

I saw that on the HAL FB page, and to be honest, my first reaction was that $25K is not a big donation from a huge corporation that relies largely on crew from the Philippines who work their butts off. I also would like to know what practical things they are doing to help the crew - hopefully they are helping them to locate family members. My heart goes out to them, it must be an appalling situation to be working onboard and not knowing what is happening at home.

I agree, Sapper. Seems like a very small token of money to help the families of these people who work so hard for Hal.

I agree, Sapper. Seems like a very small token of money to help the families of these people who work so hard for Hal.

I also saw those comments on Facebook. I did notice, however, the announcement said the Red Cross donation is from "Holland America" and "Seabourne." It did not appear to be a donation from Carnival Corporation.

I totally agree. I would think HAL could do better than that. I hope they have "boots on the ground" in the Philipinnes to help their employees. Not only family members but crew that is not working at the moment and are at home.

Given the number of cruise lines that employ filipinos, wouldn't it be proactive to send a couple of cruise ships to house and feed some of the people? I know there must be many reasons why it can't be done, but it would certainly serve a massive need in a do-able way and relatively quick way.

Royal Caribbean has issued a press release which details their efforts which will total around $1 million.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10218-royal-caribbean-cruises-provides-humanitarian-relief-after-philippines-typhoon.html

I hope HAL follows suit.

Would this not be the equivalent of Carnival Cruise Lines/Corporation doing something since HAL and the others come under their umbrella?

RCCL is going all out to help from what I read. Nice to see.

If appropriate, I will be giving my steward a cash gift immediately upon boarding. Everything else seems to take too many steps.

Your room steward and Dining Room Stewards are Indonesian and not Filipino on HAL

Perhaps you mean your wine attendant/steward? The beverage staff (beverage attendants, wine attendants, bartenders), Front Office attendants, the majority of the culinary staff and a lot of the technical staff are Filipino on HAL.

As rescue relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan on a local and global scale take hold, our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our Filipino crew and officers, their loved ones, and the entire country of the Philippines.

An announcement w...as made today with a pledge of $1 million or more from our parent company Carnival Corporation & plc, along with the Miami HEAT, to support relief efforts in communities affected by the disaster, more info here: http://*******/1gHl20c .

Many of our loyal cruisers have also asked about making a donation to support those in the Philippines through Holland America Line, please find more details here: http://*******/17ni6gZ .

In addition to financial support, we are working closely with our business colleagues in Manila to gather and provide information to our crew, contact relatives and support individual requests and situations as they develop.

We appreciate that you care about our officers and crew as much as we do, thank you!

Would this not be the equivalent of Carnival Cruise Lines/Corporation doing something since HAL and the others come under their umbrella?

RCCL is going all out to help from what I read. Nice to see.

Yes it is, so hopefully the $24K is in addition to this.

Your room steward and Dining Room Stewards are Indonesian and not Filipino on HAL

Perhaps you mean your wine attendant/steward? The beverage staff (beverage attendants, wine attendants, bartenders), Front Office attendants, the majority of the culinary staff and a lot of the technical staff are Filipino on HAL.

Thank you :o