Please send thoughts and prayers to HAL's Filipino crew families

sppunk

Chris, thank you for posting all the updates and pictures. We are away from any weather reporting and your posts here are keeping us informed. I also pray for the safety of all in this terrible storm's path, as well as for peace for all those HAL employees who must be frantic for their families back home.

Barb

In the last few years, our weather happenings around the world have been more frequent and more powerful. Mother nature is giving us a difficult time lately. In the past, we have been hit by a freak tornado and two powerful hurricanes. I can't imagine the devastation of this storm.

It looks like horrible devastation there. I really feel for those people. We live in hurricane alley on the east coast, and have experienced property damage, and great inconvenience at times, like no power for eleven days, so I can relate. All of those desths are a huge tragedy. Being away and not knowing the fate of your loved ones would be torture.

I really feel for the crew that are so far away from home and if they cannot get a hold of their families. Yet I am sure they are keeping a smile on their faces as they serve all the passengers. It is not just HAL ships but many of the other cruise lines have a large number of crew from the Philippines. It is just so sad that the area hit the hardest was the same area that just had a bad earthquake.

Prayers definitely going out to all those affected.

Has anyone heard anything from the Amsterdam? I think she was in Philippine waters.

She is in fine shape - will be in Papua New Guinea tomorrow and has had calm seas and actually pretty decent weather and not much rain. They skipped one port a few days back to get out of the area.