Guarantee rooms

TNhome

This is our first HAL cruise, we booked a gty room a little over a week ago. Just wondering when we might get our room assignments? I want to print our luggage tags but prefer to wait until we have an assigned room unless we would get those at check in. Thanks for your help.

I booked a guarantee in July for a sail date of Nov. 24. Yesterday I checked my documents on the HAL site and my room assignment and luggage tags showed up. Really great upgrade was there also!! The upgrade fairy visited us again!!!:D

Congratulations. Now please let the upgrade fairy come over here and drop some upgrade dust on us LOL

Great news about the upgrade.

I sail Dec. 1 and haven't received mine yet. I usually book guarantees, and generally know my cabin # 7-10 days before sail date. I've found the later the assignment, the better the cabin.

Roz

Thank you all, I guess I just need to be patient and hope for an awesome upgrade! Really great news for all those who get a great one!!!

Welcome to HAL. I see you are cruising on the 12-15 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise. Guess we'll see you on board. If you haven't already come on over and join the roll call. I also highly recommend you make a reservation to eat at either Tamarind and/or the Pinnacle Grill (the reservations go fast on the first day of the cruise if you don't book beforehand). My wife an I love Tamarind and have reserved dinner twice for the cruise!

We too are awaiting our GTY suite assignment. We cruised this same week last year on the Eurodam and received an upsell offer around the end of November. I'd give it two more weeks or so.

We booked a guarantee on our Med cruise in September and got our cabin assignment 10 days out (no upgrade though). Check your luggage tags because the cabin was listed on there a day before the site.

• 2 weeks later...

We're interested in the Noordam sailing in March, but VE cabins aren't available to choose. The message says they will guarantee same cat or better. I guess that means we could get a VE, or other verandah cabins in cats VD, VC, VB, and VA. I willing to take any VE, but not risk just any cabin in the other cats. Am I right about the possibility of assignments?

We're interested in the Noordam sailing in March, but VE cabins aren't available to choose. The message says they will guarantee same cat or better. I guess that means we could get a VE, or other verandah cabins in cats VD, VC, VB, and VA. I willing to take any VE, but not risk just any cabin in the other cats. Am I right about the possibility of assignments?
Correct. Theoretically you could be assigned anything all the way up to the Penthouse. I have heard of cases of people getting SY-SS from a V reservation, but most likely it would be VE to VA. If you don't want to leave it to chance, you'll have to book higher. Edited by catl331

We sailed over Thanksgiving week on EURODAM on a guarantee booking and it looked really great when we got our stateroom assignment, but not so good when we finally got to spend a night in a stateroom under the Lido pool area. All week long we could hear deck furniture being rearranged and rearranged and rearranged! One night it was at 130am! Another morning it was at 515am!! We will NEVER book a guarantee ever again!!!!!

We sailed over Thanksgiving week on EURODAM on a guarantee booking and it looked really great when we got our stateroom assignment, but not so good when we finally got to spend a night in a stateroom under the Lido pool area. All week long we could hear deck furniture being rearranged and rearranged and rearranged! One night it was at 130am! Another morning it was at 515am!! We will NEVER book a guarantee ever again!!!!!

Sadly, that is the unfortunate part of a guarantee. I typically book them, and on the Rotterdam, I was under a pool. We did get some of the scraping from the chairs. Looking forward, I guess it did not bother me too much as I have booked at gty on our New Year's cruise. ...still waiting for an assignment...:rolleyes:

I booked a Guarantee HH, got moved up to a Guarantee FF, when I got my cabin assignment a week ago, I was assigned an EE. The cruise was not selling well, and my TA got an upsell to a Vista Suite-an A. So for $500 more, I am now on the Navigation Deck a minute from the pool.

Any time I book a guarantee, I have always moved up at least 2 categories. Last cruise on the Maasdam in March, I got upgraded to a Vista Suite-a B midship on the veranda deck.