Tutti Salad on Allure

mrpayroll

What the heck is tutti salad? :confused:

The tutti salad is a salad bar in the MDR at lunch time. You point to the ingredients you want, and the servers build your salad and chop it up at the end. There are many different ingredients available.

It really is good and has more to offer than your average salad bar...things like shrimp, prosciutto, tuna. Unless you want a gigantic salad when you are choosing your ingredients be sure to preface each choice with "just a little bit, please". You will still get a very sizable salad! Enjoy!!:D

What the heck is tutti salad? :confused:

The tutti salad is a salad bar in the MDR at lunch time. You point to the ingredients you want, and the servers build your salad and chop it up at the end. There are many different ingredients available.

In RC's usual hyperbole, "tutti" is Italian for "everything".

They have a lot, but they don't have everything. ;) As a matter of fact, on my last few cruises, there was no spinach. VERY disappointing.

Thanks for the replies. I figured they would have it, but wanted to make sure. Three sea days coming up on Allure, so we will be having it three days....:)

Park cafe has something similar but not as many ingredients available, but it is a custom made salad bar, in case you miss the MDR

We loved having the Tutti Salad in the MDR for lunch on the FOS. Does the Allure offer the Tutti Salad at lunch also ?

I will add yes, but add the fact I've only heard it called that here on cruise critic. Several members of my roll call group mentioned it and we did have lunch in the MDR on Friday and the salad was very good and the place wasn't crowded. It was a nice place for our group to have lunch.

I will add yes, but add the fact I've only heard it called that here on cruise critic. Several members of my roll call group mentioned it and we did have lunch in the MDR on Friday and the salad was very good and the place wasn't crowded. It was a nice place for our group to have lunch.

Bill, it's called that in the Cruise Compass. :)

I will add yes, but add the fact I've only heard it called that here on cruise critic.

Its named as such in the MDR lunch menu :) but I will agree with Merion Mom. Its far from "everything". its a good salad though.

IMG_1271.jpg

Edited by ryano

TBH, in all my 12 cruising on Royal I've only eaten in the MDR ONCE for lunch lol. Usually we get a late start, so we finish breakfast in the Windjammer about 11a, by that time it's late and in no way are we ready to eat lunch in the MDR so soon after. However this time will be different, i'm hoping to be up early and see as much as I can on Allure since the first time I can't even remember what I saw (besides the shows)

No I do want to try the salad, however I heard they chop it up and keep that chopper thing in water(yea I can't remember the name) :rolleyes:. That being said.. I DONT want them using it on my salad lol. After getting my Food handlers & Safety license.. there are certain things that just make me squeamish..

No I do want to try the salad, however I heard they chop it up and keep that chopper thing in water(yea I can't remember the name) :rolleyes:. That being said.. I DONT want them using it on my salad lol. After getting my Food handlers & Safety license.. there are certain things that just make me squeamish..

Just off the Liberty a few days ago..............they no longer "chop" the Tutti salad, just toss it. I don't know if the other ships still chop.

Just off the Liberty a few days ago..............they no longer "chop" the Tutti salad, just toss it. I don't know if the other ships still chop.

They chopped it on Legend last week, without asking.

They will add any ingredients you want. Don't want seafood? Don't ask for any. :)

Sounds like a good plan but if they use a chopper that was just soaked in water or the same bowl without thorough cleaning the results would not be good. Ill check it out when I go though. I'm sure if I tell them about the allergy they will let me know if it can be accommodated.

Sounds like a good plan but if they use a chopper that was just soaked in water or the same bowl without thorough cleaning the results would not be good. Ill check it out when I go though. I'm sure if I tell them about the allergy they will let me know if it can be accommodated.

Just ask them not to chop it. They are standing right in front of you.

Accckkkk... The salad sounds delicious but I have a seafood allergy. Sounds like I need to stay away from the Tutti salad.:eek:

i think if you tell them at first they would accommodate you. I doubt they would say move along nothing here for you! lol. And hey if they make it and you question how it's prepared you can always not eat it and order off the menu!