Laundry "special"

5onadime

This will be our first cruise on celebrity. We are looking at a 10 day cruise next summer. I was wondering if they offer a laundry special on longer cruises? On NCL about half way thru the cruise they offer a deal for all the laundry you can fit in a paper bag to be washed and folded for around 25 dollars. With 3 teenage boys I think we will need to have some jeans washed. Thanks

I purchased underwear made for travel and just used the sink on a 21 day trip you have to do laundry no matter what unless you want to bring a lot of suitcases. wash, roll in a towel from the pool step on towel dry on balcony.

http://www.exofficio.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Ex%20Officio&cct_info=1|29892|7062157740|1351860|3547940|e|13637732474|kw|12665841|g|||&cct_ver=3&cct_bk=exofficio&gclid=CNKAq-Tc8boCFa9lOgod-XcAsg

Laundry prices are fair. If sending out some laundry lets you leave a suitcase home, the extra money that you would have spent on airline baggage fees could buy you lots of laundry. There are many items that you can wash out in the cabin. Jeans will not dry...send them out. You are spending a lot for a vacation. Do not spoil it doing laundry. I wish Celebrity did what HAL and Windstar do...unlimited laundry. We did it on our last Windstar cruise. It was fabulous. I put my dirty clothes out...and they came back clean and pressed. They even did laundry on the last day of the cruise. I brought home clean clothes. I did not have to do that dreaded after trip laundry.

Yes. I will send out the jeans. I have no desire to try to do laundry in a bathroom sink. It looks like 4.95 for each pair of jeans. I do not have a problem with this. I just didn't want to send out 9 pairs of jeans and then the next day have a laundry special offered.

Laundry prices are fair. If sending out some laundry lets you leave a suitcase home, the extra money that you would have spent on airline baggage fees could buy you lots of laundry. There are many items that you can wash out in the cabin. Jeans will not dry...send them out. You are spending a lot for a vacation. Do not spoil it doing laundry. I wish Celebrity did what HAL and Windstar do...unlimited laundry. We did it on our last Windstar cruise. It was fabulous. I put my dirty clothes out...and they came back clean and pressed. They even did laundry on the last day of the cruise. I brought home clean clothes. I did not have to do that dreaded after trip laundry.

HAL also has the "$20 by the bag" on every cruise for everybody, no matter if it's your first cruise or your 20th. I was really surprised when we took our first Celebrity cruise that the only choice for us was to pay by the piece. We weren't expecting that, and had a week's worth of laundry to do from land travel pre-cruise. Ouch.

We haven't yet found a cruise line that is perfect in every way, but I do think that Celebrity falls down in the laundry department. We also miss the Windstar unlimited laundry package, and the laundramats on every Princess deck. For those who say they don't want to do laundry on vacation, I never minded bringing some quarters and throwing in a load during a quiet moment. We have a 10 day Celebrity Med cruise coming up with some time in Rome beforehand, so we will definitely be biting the bullet and sending out some clothes. Celebrity, if you read this, please consider a one time laundry special or something for cruisers who are traveling for more than 7 days (which I figure is about how long I can go without laundry.)

laundramats on every Princess deck. For those who say they don't want to do laundry on vacation . . . . 7 days (which I figure is about how long I can go without laundry.)

That's something I really love about Princess. We usually take 14 day cruises and it's impossible to bring that much clothing and expensive to have the ship do that much laundry. We usually do laundry on day 6 or 7, then sometimes we'll do more near the end of the cruise so we can take clean clothes home.

A washer load or 20 min. of drying costs $2.00 each. And they have a laundry on each passenger deck. Usually have 2 washers and 2 dryers in each. A nice loyalty perk when becoming Elite or booking a full suite on Princess is unlimited laundry and dry cleaning!! So great for a long cruise.

Yes. I will send out the jeans. I have no desire to try to do laundry in a bathroom sink. It looks like 4.95 for each pair of jeans. I do not have a problem with this. I just didn't want to send out 9 pairs of jeans and then the next day have a laundry special offered.

I am so glad someone asked this question. How good is the service? Can you provide them with detergent [allergies]? I am traveling a long distance and want to leave room in my suitcase for souvenirs, etc.