Breakfast Buffet and PJs/Bathrobes

kcwingwalker

Saw that once and the man had to be 80+ not a pretty sight:eek:

I know that this is meant as a joke, so I am not slamming you, but I see this kind of thing a lot on the boards and it upsets me. Are only gorgeous 20 year old bikini models allowed to wear bathing suits around the pool or at the beach? Must I wear a 19th century bathing suit that covers my entire body once I pass a certain age or if I don't have rock hard abs? I don't mind seeing 80 year old men in speedos, or 80 year old women in bikinis. Their body is not on this earth for my entertainment and mine is not here for anyone else to judge. This world is not just for the beautiful people. There, rant over. 😘

I grew up on the beaches of So. Cal. in the '50s. Speedos for guys were a definite no, no then. I retain that thought to this day. They were known as "tourist tights" back then. I don't' really know how I drifted into that . Did Jungle Jim wear Speedos???? I don't remember.

I know that this is meant as a joke, so I am not slamming you, but I see this kind of thing a lot on the boards and it upsets me. Are only gorgeous 20 year old bikini models allowed to wear bathing suits around the pool or at the beach? Must I wear a 19th century bathing suit that covers my entire body once I pass a certain age or if I don't have rock hard abs? I don't mind seeing 80 year old men in speedos, or 80 year old women in bikinis. Their body is not on this earth for my entertainment and mine is not here for anyone else to judge. This world is not just for the beautiful people. There, rant over.

Yes it was meant as joke that actually happened. But no need to direct your rant only at me.

Edited by kcwingwalker

I grew up on the beaches of So. Cal. in the '50s. Speedos for guys were a definite no, no then. I retain that thought to this day. They were known as "tourist tights" back then. I don't' really know how I drifted into that . Did Jungle Jim wear Speedos???? I don't remember.

Tarzan

Wear what you want on vacation.

But it would help me a lot of you got dressed to bring your kids to school (and pick them up). Yes, I'm off topic. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Way back when, my mother would throw a coat over her nighty and drive me to school. My friends told me that their moms did the same thing.

To get back on topic---Maybe NCL could have a theme night called Get Dressed or Not Night. Ya Think!!!!!

Yes it was meant as joke that actually happened. But no need to direct your rant only at me.

I wasn't, which is why I said that I wasn't. I was merely quoting you as an example of the many other times I have seen it. I am sorry if you felt ranted at, I really wasn't aiming it at you. TBS, I stand by my dismay at the many times I have read about how people are judging others' bodies around the pool. I doubt that any of us here could stand up to that kind of scrutiny. 😏

I grew up in Canada in the 80's and most boys wore Speedos. That seemed normal to me then, but they are rarely seen now in North America (at least in my part of North America). Of course, there are other parts of the world where they are still the norm, as are bikinis on women of all ages. I don't wear one, but they don't offend me on others. I actually feel a bit envious of women and men who feel so comfortable in their own skin that they can wear skimpy bathing suits whatever their age. Good for them!

I know that this is meant as a joke, so I am not slamming you, but I see this kind of thing a lot on the boards and it upsets me. Are only gorgeous 20 year old bikini models allowed to wear bathing suits around the pool or at the beach? Must I wear a 19th century bathing suit that covers my entire body once I pass a certain age or if I don't have rock hard abs? I don't mind seeing 80 year old men in speedos, or 80 year old women in bikinis. Their body is not on this earth for my entertainment and mine is not here for anyone else to judge. This world is not just for the beautiful people. There, rant over.

On a cruise to Hawaii, I saw an older lady, who had to be 80, wearing a micro-bikini. On the one hand, it was slightly shocking; on the other hand, good for her! It takes a lot of comfort within one's skin to even attempt to wear such a thing. I couldn't do it.

The irony of this thread is that there are people who claim that they would not be judgemental of pajama wearing buffet visitors. However they have no problem judging those who do judge pajama wearing buffet visitors. Aren't we humans grand?

I would argue there's a difference between judging people for what they wear (and their outside appearance) and judging them on what they say.

:o

Edited by Cretia

I would never wear my "sleep clothes" to the buffet. But I have been known to wear the first thing I can find to Blue Lagoon to get coffee.

My biggest issue with this thread is the number of people that want to whine about people's clothing. If you don't like or agree with what I am wearing, tell me to my face. That lets me properly address you and your noisy behavior. But to let your dislike fester and then discuss it on an anonymous blog is gutless. I also agree that this is freestyle. If you enjoy all of the worries about clothing, chairs and the actions of others, a cruise is perfect for you.

Do I wear PJ's to the buffet? No. Can people wear them? Sure. What other people are wearing in no way impacts my cruising experience.

As I read your post I was thinking the same thing :p I can see not wanting to get dressed up to zip down for breakfast but throw on a pair of lululemons/shorts or something other than your pj's. If one wears their pj's to breakfast does one brush their teeth before going :eek: ....guess not if you are going with bed head....brushing doesn't factor in

I agree, but it's not just the teeth brushing/bed head that bothers me, more the, have they washed their hands since the previous evening after doing who knows what in their cabin?

Wearing nightwear anywhere other than in your cabin does not comply with the NCL dress code, so that should be the end of it.

Personally, if I'm anywhere but my own home I never start the day and greet my public without being showered, brushed and dressed, but that's me.:D

Now I am even more glad that you are on the same cruise as me this January! I agree with all of this. I wouldn't go to the buffet in my pjs, but I wouldn't freak out about others doing it. I am way too busy having a good time to worry about that.

I am not sure many are honestly freaking out, they are just giving their opinions. Heck I don't mind seeing people wear whatever they want, it gives me something to talk about. LOL No matter what we say, and what one chooses to wear, it is still a matter of good taste. As I have said, I don't really care what someone does, but the fact does remain, it is using poor taste or as some might say, classless.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I wouldn't do it but my teenage daughter sometimes wears her "pj" Lounge Pants and a Hoodie out. However this is the norm here as some HS students even wear that to School. So to me it depends on what type of pj they are wearing. Lounge pants with a T-Shirt or Hoodie / Sweatshirt is fine in my opinion.

I wouldn't do it but my teenage daughter sometimes wears her "pj" Lounge Pants and a Hoodie out. However this is the norm here as some HS students even wear that to School. So to me it depends on what type of pj they are wearing. Lounge pants with a T-Shirt or Hoodie / Sweatshirt is fine in my opinion.

In some schools doing crack is the norm.....but I wouldn't allow it. Just saying......

My family lives in Sewell, NJ and it's not the norm there.

Truthfully, I blame the schools and the parents.

Harriet

My kids wear uniforms so lounge pants to school are reserved for when they go to their sporting events over their team uniform and such.

Personally I love to see my teens and tween and even my grad student lounging around in pjs. It tells me they are relaxing. Which is something most kids their age cannot do as often as my generation did. They are incredibly busy kids with school sports multiple paid jobs plus volunteer work.

I think this is the norm for most of their age group these days.

That being said. They rarely wear loungers anyplace other than to sports or babysitting gigs with longtime families of course or around the house. They have never worn them outside of their cabin.

On my last Ncl cruise I did see the entertainment staff eating breakfast in loungers. They went to the buffet but brought the food into la cucina to eat though. A hidden gem of a location to avoid the buffet crowds btw.

Edited by Crusin6

In some schools doing crack is the norm.....but I wouldn't allow it. Just saying......

My family lives in Sewell, NJ and it's not the norm there.

Truthfully, I blame the schools and the parents.

Harriet

I live in NJ also and it is permitted by School Dress Code. There are plenty of lounge pants that look better than other types of clothes people wear. Plus most sports teams allow students to purchase the. Knowing they will wear them in School. So you can blame "Parents / Schools" or whoever but in my world your opinion means nothing to me and I will not lose any sleep over you or your comments

You show me where the School allows crack or maybe that is just in your part of NJ. I am glad I don't live near you either where the norm is for your teenagers to be high on crack.

My kids wear uniforms so lounge pants to school are reserved for when they go to their sporting events over their team uniform and such.

Personally I love to see my teens and tween and even my grad student lounging around in pjs. It tells me they are relaxing. Which is something most kids their age cannot do as often as my generation did. They are incredibly busy kids with school sports multiple paid jobs plus volunteer work.

I think this is the norm for most of their age group these days.

That being said. They rarely wear loungers anyplace other than to sports or babysitting gigs with longtime families of course or around the house. They have never worn them outside of their cabin.

On my last Ncl cruise I did see the entertainment staff eating breakfast in loungers. They went to the buffet but brought the food into la cucina to eat though. A hidden gem of a location to avoid the buffet crowds btw.

My Daughter would never wear them to any meal but like I mentioned her Team has dress down days that they all wear them. Usually that is a day when they are going to perform after School and this way they look the same. However there are a lot of other students that wear them for other reasons. I would rather her wear that then ripped jeans or extremely short skirts / Shorts. They also would not be ones she just slept in.

I live in NJ also and it is permitted by School Dress Code. There are plenty of lounge pants that look better than other types of clothes people wear. Plus most sports teams allow students to purchase the. Knowing they will wear them in School. So you can blame "Parents / Schools" or whoever but in my world your opinion means nothing to me and I will not lose any sleep over you or your comments

You show me where the School allows crack or maybe that is just in your part of NJ. I am glad I don't live near you either where the norm is for your teenagers to be high on crack.

*LOL*

Yeah I would hate to see the school where crack is "The Norm" like wearing lounge pants :(

Its been 3 years since the last of my kids graduated High School, but the only dress code they really had was that they couldn't wear anythng advertising alcohol, cigarettes, anything containing profanity, gang related , etc.

The actual style of the clothing or casualness of it wasn't an issue. I see the kids walking to and from the same high school now and especially in the colder weather sweats, lounge pants and hoodies seem to be the norm. And this is a good middle class suburban high school

My DDs still wear these lounge pants around the house and maybe , a quick run to the store.