Second World cruise on Insignia

Paulchili

Just received an e mail from my TA about a new Worl cruise on Insignia - a 180 Odyssey of Wonders fromJuly 8th, 2015 to Jan 4th, 2016.

The itinerary is different from the first one.

Booking begins on Dec 4th.

WOW

I just could never leave my dogs for 6 months

BUT - I could leave my husband and he could take care of the dogs LOL

Just received an e mail from my TA about a new Worl cruise on Insignia - a 180 Odyssey of Wonders fromJuly 8th, 2015 to Jan 4th, 2016.

The itinerary is different from the first one.

Booking begins on Dec 4th.

A very unique Itinerary, to be sure.

It will be interesting to see how the almost complete elimination of the Pacific will be received...

b_175426.jpg

Edited by JimandStan

I cannot believe how few of the ports would be "new" to us.

We are whittling down the bucket list at breakneck speed while we can.

The itinerary does not appeal to me personally but I bet it will sell out just like the first one did. Sad for me is the length of time it takes Insignia out of service for the rest of us.

Sad for me is the length of time it takes Insignia out of service for the rest of us.

It is not OUT OF SERVICE it is just not going where YOU want it to go

..it may have done that world cruise or no world cruise :rolleyes:

It is not OUT OF SERVICE it is just not going where YOU want it to go

..it may have done that world cruise or no world cruise :rolleyes:

You are correct

But I least I could have considered a whole boatload (pun intended) of itineraries instead of just one.

No matter -- I am booked through the end of 2015 (although I could squeeze in one tiny trip in 2015 if I am forced to). LOL

I will struggle to find some place to go in 2016.

At first blush...astoundingly better itinerary than upcoming one.

Alas, like the first one, it is the $18k beverage package that's the deal-breaker. :cool:

Yikes, when you put it that way, I'll have to pass on this one:eek:

At first blush...astoundingly better itinerary than upcoming one.

Alas, like the first one, it is the $18k beverage package that's the deal-breaker. :cool:

No way for a Vodka a night. Also no way on such a small ship for that long time. Might think about it on the big ships. Much more to do on the sea days, and there will be a lot of them. :)

It's definitely an "odyssey" that will appeal to many, but I'm glad we're taking the first one. The selling point was Australia, New Zealand, China, Korea, Japan and French Polynesia -- without having to fly an inch.

And here I thought for sure you would sign up for this one too.:D

I looked, decided that my dog and cat would not survive the 180 days, and until they both do not need to be looked after I guess I will keep to 45 days or less. Actually if I am honest, I don't think I could live on a ship for 180 days.:eek:

of Africa and India.... like 1/3 of the trip...too instable an area for my comfort

Agree completely. Too many ports we've visited before, several times, and then there's the part of the world we would not like to visit even once. Of course then there are the many, many sea days!:(

Think segments.

First world cruise not sold out

They r now offering grand voyages but segments can't be far behind

You're correct. When FDR personally announced the World Cruise while on the 10th anniversary cruise on Regatta, he said he expected perhaps 20 cabins booked for the entire WC. He stated it was designed for segments.

Of course, the response for the first one has been incredible in comparison to his expectations. While many may cancel before final payment, the rollcall is now beyond 70 people, and that's just the ones who post on CC! I haven't looked at the new one's itinerary in detail, but I expect it has been similarly designed to have attractive segments.

sent from Galaxy Note 8

The West African ports looks nice!!

:(

OK, Say would you mind if I insured you? triple indemnity. I don't like gambling but with 20 some African ports. the odds are too good to pass up.

If you do go, could you stop by Nigeria for me, there is a guy there who has a $20,000,000 check for me got an E- mail just the other day and I wont have to give my bank account.