Second World cruise on Insignia

Paulchili

OK, Say would you mind if I insured you? triple indemnity. I don't like gambling but with 20 some African ports. the odds are too good to pass up.

If you do go, could you stop by Nigeria for me, there is a guy there who has a $20,000,000 check for me got an E- mail just the other day and I wont have to give my bank account.

Got the same e mail a couple if weeks ago. Maybe we can go together and split it. O.K. maybe not. :D:D

Got the same e mail a couple if weeks ago. Maybe we can go together and split it. O.K. maybe not. :D:D

Got that Paul, OK with me RJB ... in fact we will even cut Paul in for a 1/3 on your return. after the check clears the bank....:rolleyes:

I can't believe how open and kind all those west Africans are...." OH..we are the world"

WOW

I just could never leave my dogs for 6 months

BUT - I could leave my husband and he could take care of the dogs LOL

I like how you think! We get a pet sitter to stay with ours when we are gone, but would not want to leave them that long with BOTH of us gone. :)

I like how you think! We get a pet sitter to stay with ours when we are gone, but would not want to leave them that long with BOTH of us gone. :)

We were wildly fortunate to find a great housesitter/handyman/landscaper to care for our 7.5 acres whenwe took a 4 month cross country road trip in 2011. He's still with us and, if the creek don't rise, will be in 2015 for the WC. Our greyhound loves him and sleeps beside his bed more often than ours. When we return from a long trip, Rocky looks at us as if to say, "Who are you?" He soon gets used to us again :cool:

sent from Galaxy Note 8

OK, Say would you mind if I insured you? triple indemnity. I don't like gambling but with 20 some African ports. the odds are too good to pass up.

If you do go, could you stop by Nigeria for me, there is a guy there who has a $20,000,000 check for me got an E- mail just the other day and I wont have to give my bank account.

These are mild places compared to my sales territory which includes such glorious places as Libya, Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen.

These are mild places compared to my sales territory which includes such glorious places as Libya, Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen.

All places on my bucket list. LOL

Seriously, I wish I had had an opportunity to see Beirut when it was the "Paris to the Middle East" and Baghdad in its hey day. Friends of mine did a trip around the world after college (decades ago) and got to see those places. I always thought I would someday get to go there -- not likely.

It's definitely an "odyssey" that will appeal to many, but I'm glad we're taking the first one. The selling point was Australia, New Zealand, China, Korea, Japan and French Polynesia -- without having to fly an inch.

I agree with you, Don. We much prefer the January 2015 itinerary. Alan

"Seriously, I wish I had had an opportunity to see Beirut when it was the "Paris to the Middle East" and Baghdad in its hey day. Friends of mine did a trip around the world after college (decades ago) and got to see those places. I always thought I would someday get to go there -- not likely.

Laraine, I was very lucky and got to visit Beirut and Baghdad in the early 1970's. However on my last visit to Baghdad I was having breakfast at my hotel with a local and I asked him what was that thump, thump, thump I could hear. He said, not to worry those are the Iranian army shells landing about a mile away......they don't have the range to reach the hotel....yeh! :rolleyes:

I wont even ask what you sell.... probably get whacked by the agency.

What's you favorite brand of body armor?

Correct :)

A friend of mine has as a souvenir the sign from the Sheraton Baghdad -- with the Hotels Air Raid Instructions. These were the good old days when Iraq and Iran were fighting. He was selling tactical radios to both sides.

Favorite body armor -- a tee shirt with the Canadian Maple Leaf :)

• 1 month later...
I can't believe how open and kind all those west Africans are...." OH..we are the world"

I went to university with a lot of Africans (here in the U.S.), mostly Nigerians, and they were very kind, indeed. I don't think it helps to malign entire continents or countries because of some criminals there.

We've got plenty of our own.

I remember a thread where people asked for a West African itinerary. Her it is. Not many ships doing it, so here is your chance.

I was one of those people, but:

1) My Silversea cruise is on Feb 27th - already fully paid for and past cancelation stage and Insignia's W. African segment of the cruise is not even bookable till 1/6 (if available). By the time the itinerary came out (Nov '13), my cruise was already fully paid for.

2) My cruise visits 7 new W. African countries (for us) and Oceania will visit only 5.

3) Very difficult to come by business class award tickets are already in place - there would be a significant fee to cancel them and possible difficulty getting new ones.

In the end, if this offer came along 6 months earlier, I would have gone with Oceania but it is just too late for me. It should be a good opportunity for others.:)

I was one of those people, but:

1) My Silversea cruise is on Feb 27th - already fully paid for and past cancelation stage and Insignia's W. African segment of the cruise is not even bookable till 1/6 (if available). By the time the itinerary came out (Nov '13), my cruise was already fully paid for.

2) My cruise visits 7 new W. African countries (for us) and Oceania will visit only 5.

3) Very difficult to come by business class award tickets are already in place - there would be a significant fee to cancel them and possible difficulty getting new ones.

In the end, if this offer came along 6 months earlier, I would have gone with Oceania but it is just too late for me. It should be a good opportunity for others.:)

Then there are other "intangibles" such as:

1) We are alive and well now and more likely to be so in the next couple of months. Will we be well 2 years from now? Who knows.

2) All these countries can be visited now. Will that be the case for places like Angola, Ivory Coast, Gambia and others 2 years from now? Who knows.

Experience has taught me to do things while and when I can rather than wait :D

That has been the case for places like Lebanon and Syria that we were fortunate enough to visit while one could. Had plans to cruise to Libya as well when it first opened to Americans but we all know what happened to that country....

Thank you Jan.

Paul

Paul, I reread my email from Oceania and for some reason it says segment are being sold on the 6th for the January WC..not July..sorry for the error..

Cruise Sailing Embark Debark Length

Islands of Sunshine 1/10/2015 Miami Bridgetown 10

Atlantic Ocean Odyssey 1/20/2015 Bridgetown Cape Town 26

Indian Ocean Exploration 2/15/2015 Cape Town Singapore 35

Treasures of the Orient 3/22/2015 Singapore Shanghai 20

Journey from the Far East 4/11/2015 Shanghai Sydney 35

Coral Seas & Pacific Havens 5/16/2015 Sydney Papeete 20

Polynesian Treasures 6/4/2015 Papeete Los Angeles 18

Panama Canal Connection 6/22/2015 Los Angeles Miami 16

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Paul, I reread my email from Oceania and for some reason it says segment are being sold on the 6th for the January WC..not July..sorry for the error..

Jancruz1

Thank you Jan.

The more the reason to keep our current booking for the W. Africa cruise.