Damn you, set sail pass! You're ruining my surprise!

mspink98

I just completed our online check in, since I had a few minutes to go grab passports before I forget. I upgraded to a JS at a great rate several months ago, and DH doesn't know. I'd like to keep it that way until he unlocks the door on embarkation day.

Here's hoping I can slip that gigantic SUITE label at the top under something else to have him sign it. Or should I pull the "oh crap, I forgot to have you sign this" at the pier and hope he just doesn't see in the shuffle. :p You're blowing my cover, RCCL!

I just completed our online check in, since I had a few minutes to go grab passports before I forget. I upgraded to a JS at a great rate several months ago, and DH doesn't know. I'd like to keep it that way until he unlocks the door on embarkation day.

Here's hoping I can slip that gigantic SUITE label at the top under something else to have him sign it. Or should I pull the "oh crap, I forgot to have you sign this" at the pier and hope he just doesn't see in the shuffle. :p You're blowing my cover, RCCL!

Your cover will be blown the instant they hand him his seapass card at check-in. It will be silver with Junior Suite in big bold letter across the top:D

If both reservations are on your CC, then he doesn't have to sign anything so your secret's safe until then.

They are both on a joint credit card, so hopefully they won't require his signature anyway. And as for getting cards at check in, he's usually bogged down with my crap and/or just not focused, I'm not sure he'd even notice the different card, lol.

They are both on a joint credit card, so hopefully they won't require his signature anyway. And as for getting cards at check in, he's usually bogged down with my crap and/or just not focused, I'm not sure he'd even notice the different card, lol.

Other than the card being silver, instead of light blue, there's nothing on the card that says "suite" on it.:D What a fun surprise--I may try something similar for DH's b-day cruise coming up. He never signs the set sail pass, and he also wouldn't notice the card. The biggest problem you may encounter is a chatty check in agent, that wants to talk about your reservation, "oh, so you are in a suite, how nice!"

I would make a fake sea pass till you get to check in at least.

Honestly, DD saw the Suite in a circle on the set sail pass and just thought that was the grandiose name they gave to all the cabins (and she had sailed plenty of times before ... but generally in a balcony -- and once in a promenade). If he spots it, just blow it off with a bit of mis-information.

My DH never looks at set sail passes, nor does he sign them. As another poster mentioned, it doesn't say SUITE in bold letters on your sea pass card. Usually those checking you in are so busy, they just get through the docs, snap your photo, give you your sea pass card. I don't recall anyone ever chatting me up about the type of cabin we have.

I'll bet you can pull it off with no issues. Enjoy :D

Other than the card being silver, instead of light blue, there's nothing on the card that says "suite" on it.:D What a fun surprise--I may try something similar for DH's b-day cruise coming up. He never signs the set sail pass, and he also wouldn't notice the card. The biggest problem you may encounter is a chatty check in agent, that wants to talk about your reservation, "oh, so you are in a suite, how nice!"

I am also surprising my DH with a suite on our Christmas cruise! I have thought about the check in agent spoiling the surprise. I think I may write a note that the suite is a secret and not to mention it in front of DH. I can hand it over with the passports and set sail document. Hope it works! Good luck to OP and enjoy your "suite" cruise!

I did the exact same thing to surprise my DH on our Australia to Honolulu cruise. When we got to Sydney Harbor and went to the Junior Suite check in aisle he wondered why we did that. I told him it was because they waved us over since their line was so short and the other lines were so long. Then he noticed our cards were a different color and I explained that away by saying it was because we'd been on more cruises than everyone else. When we got to our cabin he didn't even notice the Junior Suite sign on the wall next to our door! When we went inside his first comment was "wow, they sure have started making these cabins bigger!" I had to take him out into the hall to show him the JS sign. He was totally shocked and very pleased since we'd be on the ship 17 days! :D

I did the exact same thing to surprise my DH on our Australia to Honolulu cruise. When we got to Sydney Harbor and went to the Junior Suite check in aisle he wondered why we did that. I told him it was because they waved us over since their line was so short and the other lines were so long. Then he noticed our cards were a different color and I explained that away by saying it was because we'd been on more cruises than everyone else. When we got to our cabin he didn't even notice the Junior Suite sign on the wall next to our door! When we went inside his first comment was "wow, they sure have started making these cabins bigger!" I had to take him out into the hall to show him the JS sign. He was totally shocked and very pleased since we'd be on the ship 17 days! :D

Wow... That would be an AWESOME cruise.. did you write a report or review here on CC? Pics? Itinerary?

Since I am listed as the Primary, my DH has never signed the Set Sail Pass, only my name is listed for a signature. What a fantastic surprise you have enstore for your husband, he will be thrilled.:) My husband doesn't even pay any attention to how I book or what line I walk us into at checkin, all he knows is the date. We normally book a D-1 but moved up for our Australia trip to a JS. He enjoys cruising yet doesn't wish to know all the details of how I booked, flying arrangements etc. Once on board he is ready to meet all our new friends and have a good time.

My husband doesn't even pay any attention to how I book or what line I walk us into at checkin, all he knows is the date.

Yeah, my boyfriend doesn't see/sign anything either. I did laugh though, yesterday he had mentioned he had booked a gig (he plays music) for 1/25. I was like "well, you'll need to cancel that because we'll be in the middle of the Atlantic then!". I would have thought he knew the dates of the cruise at least!