New Captain Club Level Benefits List?

Oxo

Nothing yet. So far we only know the points needed for each level, but not the benefits.

Thanks, you would have thought that they would have identified not only new levels, but benefits with those level changes.

The crack IT team at Celebrity might have done so many things in a different way -- might have sent us all an e-mail, might have created an informative home page announcement, might have put out a press release, might have tested all their sequences on many different platforms, might have told us the release date so we wouldn't be all nuts this weekend.....:)

The crack IT team at Celebrity might have done so many things in a different way -- might have sent us all an e-mail, might have created an informative home page announcement, might have put out a press release, might have tested all their sequences on many different platforms, might have told us the release date so we wouldn't be all nuts this weekend.....:)

Too many mites, not enough Rights! LOL

I grabbed this from one of the temporary screens yesterday. This is just the text, not the formatting.

None of this is a given, and might just have been temporary text, for all we know. The typos were included in the original web pages. The bolding is mine.

Preview

Classic

Select

Elite

Elite Plus

Zenith

Membership Benefits

Our Captain's Club premier recognition and rewards program, with exclusive benefits for each membership tier, is designed to make you the center of our attention.

Preview Tier: 0 Points

As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.

Classic Tier: 2-149 points

As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.

Select Tier: 150-299 points

As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.

Elite Tier: 300-749 points

Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Elite Plus Tier: 750-2999 points

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith Tier: 3000+ points

Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theate.

I see no mention of the elite breakfast, I do hope it is not a thing of the past.

Second that, attended the B-fast regularly... a nice relaxing start to the day away from the panic of the feed trough... errr... I mean buffet or to a lesser extebt the dining room

I don't know why you say that you won't be permitted into Michael's Club at night.

There have been no reports of this taking place on those cruises where the VIP program was piloted.

There have been no reports that this will be the case under the new program.

Details will be revealed, according to most reports, on Monday.

Between now and then, energy spent in jumping to conclusions might be spent in more productive ways.:):):)

If we are elite now will they take that level away from us if we don't meet new criteria or will they grandfather us?Curious.

If you are currently elite...you are still elite ( or higher) under the new program.

Edited by ghstudio

I don't know why you say that you won't be permitted into Michael's Club at night.

There have been no reports of this taking place on those cruises where the VIP program was piloted.

There have been no reports that this will be the case under the new program.

Details will be revealed, according to most reports, on Monday.

Between now and then, energy spent in jumping to conclusions might be spent in more productive ways.:):):)

But jumping to conclusions is all the exercise some of us get! :D:D:D

I see no mention of the elite breakfast, I do hope it is not a thing of the past.

I was told ( by a celebrity phone rep) that there will be no reduction of benefits. I don't imagine that those few benefits listed are all inclusive. Time will tell!

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Hypothesis...

Michaels club will continue to be a VIP lounge for zenith, royal and penthouse suite cruisers. That's pretty much a given and almost implemented.

Now what do they do with elite+? The sky lounge is the largest bar on the ship so it makes little sense to make it the elite+ lounge even from 5-7. But what other bar do they have?

Clearly vouchers will be used for some group. Perhaps elite+ will get vouchers good for more expensive drinks and/or valid for more hours or useable at martini bar/dining room. I think it's almost a must to use the current vouchers for elites with the same restrictions due to sheer number and lack of venues for a private party with a lot of folks.

I pretty much expect more or bigger discounts on bottles of wine for elite+ ... I expect some discount on specialty restaurants (which reads well, but isn't really of any value since the restaurants are almost always discounted during the cruise). I think there are too many elite+ for them to give a free specialty meal.

Maybe another free laundry which would be a very useful perk.

I think the biggies will be more internet time, better quality liquor drinks, a second free laundry,

It's a guess....it will be interesting to see if I'm even close.

Edited by ghstudio

Hypothesis...

I pretty much expect more or bigger discounts on bottles of wine for elite+ ... I expect some discount on specialty restaurants (which reads well, but isn't really of any value since the restaurants are almost always discounted during the cruise). I think there are too many elite+ for them to give a free specialty meal.

Maybe another free laundry which would be a very useful perk.

I think the biggies will be more internet time, better quality liquor drinks, a second free laundry,

It's a guess....it will be interesting to see if I'm even close.

It was good to see you again on the Infinity a few weeks ago!

I hope you are right about the wine discount, but like specialty restaurant discounts often being available, the sommelier will often discount more expensive wines 20% if you ask.

A good possible perk for Elite + would be a less restrictive happy hour in terms of venue and drink/ wine options.

Free coffee drinks also seem to be on the menu given the preemptive official change, that would be nice.

200 minutes of Internet is $100, $50 more than Elite.

Edited by Kevnzworld

My question, too. How many points do I get for my 7 night cruise?

This is what was recently posted elsewhere - points per day sailed:

2 club points for an inside or oceanview cabin

3 club points for a veranda

5 club points for a Concierge or Aqua Class cabin

8 club points for a "smaller" suite (up to Sky Suites)

12 club points for suites larger than Sky Suites up to Royal Suites

18 club points for Reflection and Penthouse suites

So Celebrity is incentivizing people to book the more expensive cabins!!!

So now you can be Elite after two 10 night cruises in the Penthouse even if you never sailed Celebrity before !!!

If we thought the TA cruises had a lot of Elites before , just wait a few years!!!

This is what was recently posted elsewhere - points per day sailed:

2 club points for an inside or oceanview cabin

3 club points for a veranda

5 club points for a Concierge or Aqua Class cabin

8 club points for a "smaller" suite (up to Sky Suites)

12 club points for suites larger than Sky Suites up to Royal Suites

18 club points for Reflection and Penthouse suites

So Celebrity is incentivizing people to book the more expensive cabins!!!

So now you can be Elite after two 10 night cruises in the Penthouse even if you never sailed Celebrity before !!!

If we thought the TA cruises had a lot of Elites before , just wait a few years!!!

Unfortunately, whether it's per day is only an assumption at this point, since they haven't said that.

You'd hope so, but it could be just per cruise as at present!

Unfortunately, whether it's per day is only an assumption at this point, since they haven't said that.

You'd hope so, but it could be just per cruise as at present!

So, that is my question. It could take 150 cruises to get to elite if you only sailed in inside or OV cabins in that case. That couldn't be right....I would assume if they are converting 1 point under the old system to 30 points under the new system (or whatever you call them), it makes more sense that the points would be per night.

It flashed my captain club points on their website and have 289 -- so my next cruise in March, 8 nights in concierge class, should either bump me into the elite or it will mean that I will have 3 more cruises to go to hit that status. No bother either way, we got great deals on the next two cruises with Celebrity -- both include the beverage package and a bit of onboard credit. Under the old system, we would have been elite after this next cruise.

So, just keeping my fingers crossed that the points are calculated per night...not going to let it ruin my day if it isn't. Another thread that started after I asked this question does state this. We may all not truly know until tomorrow.