Captains Club rip

cruisingourmet

Unless you live under a rock, there has been discussion about the new captains club program for 18- 24 months...literally. Given all the chatter of new levels, my husband and I accelerated our cruiseing in sky suites and cc cabins in hopes we would be grandfathered in. Of course, recognizing we may not make the cut when a new program rolled out. Actutally, my husband and I were shocked and delighted we remained elite as we knew our plan may not work out. I know we are not the only ones who accelerated their cruising in anticipation of new levels. Fortunately we remain elite and am sorry you are not.

We all have choices. If this line no longer suits your needs as you feel betrayed then it is best you seek out another cruise line because no matter what celebrity does in the future, you wont be happy.

Happy Sailing and best wishes this Thanksgiving eve.

What you seem not to understand is I LOST SOMETHING THAT I PLACED A VALUE ON. It is Not for you to judge what I may or may not value !

I had planned a 3 day cruise in CC in Jan specifically so my transatlantic would be as ELITE.

The ELITE members LOST NOTHING and in FACT GAINED the moon and the stars so to speak Elite+ and Zenith). So they got new perks that they didn't even know existed.

CLASSIC members were years away from Elite regardless, BUT I was one $300 weekend cruise away and NOW I AM NOT. Something I was about have has been taken away.

THE GOAL POST HAS BEEN MOVED and THAT IS UNFAIR

CELEBRITY OBVIOUSLY ACKNOWLEDGED the INEQUITY and added points to the Select accounts BECAUSE THEY KNEW they were SCREWING US.

Guess you didn't read the part where they say they have the right to change the program at any time.

Agreed. I am amazed by the hostility towards Celebrity. Celebrity giveth, Celebrity didn't even really taketh away. Celebrity just made it a little more challenging to acquire a higher tier status. Such entitlement. Really:rolleyes:

Edited by 4cats4me

They could have made the original rules anyway they wanted.

I was working by their rules.. THEY CHANGED THEM !

Yet again someone who likely has reached Elite & therefore lost nothing.

How about all you ELITE critics renounce the benefit on the next cruise if it is

SOOOO UNIMPORTANT.... YEAH I didn't think so

They could have made the original rules anyway they wanted.

I was working by their rules.. THEY CHANGED THEM !

Yet again someone who likely has reached Elite & therefore lost nothing.

How about all you ELITE critics renounce the benefit on the next cruise if it is

SOOOO UNIMPORTANT.... YEAH I didn't think so

I can understand your frustration, and it can seem unfair. Would I threaten a lawsuit or abandonment of the cruise line over it? Nope. Life's too short, and there are more important things to fret over.

Maybe Celebrity should have taken a page out of the Carnival handbook on past guest programs. They too revamped the entire scheme from individual cruise credits to days actually sailed, and the corresponding levels of the program reflected as much. But, they allowed guests a six month window period to reach the next level before pulling the rug out completely. That way no one could scream that they were just one cruise away from Platinum, Diamond, Milestone, etc. etc. and were scr**ed out of the opportunity.

Tony

The funny thing is that you could have sailed on a second short cruise, achieved Elite status, and sailed happily on the transatlantic for less than the price of one hour of a lawyer's time, let alone the price to actually have someone write the letter to Celebrity and initiate a law suit.

It would appear that you get more joy from being a malcontent than you do from cruising. To each their own...

Happy THANKSgiving.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

What you seem not to understand is I LOST SOMETHING THAT I PLACED A VALUE ON. It is Not for you to judge what I may or may not value !

I had planned a 3 day cruise in CC in Jan specifically so my transatlantic would be as ELITE.

The ELITE members LOST NOTHING and in FACT GAINED the moon and the stars so to speak Elite+ and Zenith). So they got new perks that they didn't even know existed.

CLASSIC members were years away from Elite regardless, BUT I was one $300 weekend cruise away and NOW I AM NOT. Something I was about have has been taken away.

THE GOAL POST HAS BEEN MOVED and THAT IS UNFAIR

CELEBRITY OBVIOUSLY ACKNOWLEDGED the INEQUITY and added points to the Select accounts BECAUSE THEY KNEW they were SCREWING US.

I think you could further improve your case/argument by pouting, stamping your feet, and perhaps slamming a door or two.

Holding your breath has also been known to work on some occasions.

FYI, I am only a classic and not a select OR Elite, and I agree with Celebrity's decision, OP, so I get nothing, nada, no benefits, but

Ship happens. We have to deal with it

Edited by 4cats4me

Random calculations: a decent attorney specializing in contract law with passenger ship, seafaring expertise and experience should start at $ 350+ per hour. Not including travel and miscellaneous expenses. Contract review should take a minimum 12 hours, billed at 24 hours. Related research hours, who knows. That's before even starting to draft an initial letter. Good Luck.

I have been reading the post about the new levels and such

But I just cant get my head around all the whining I thought people booked a cruise to have a nice relaxing break but you people who are stressing out that you are no longer king pin and you deserve more? please give me a break

At the end of the day if you don't like it you know what you can do

and by the way I am select and have never been on celebrity its only because of RCI and booked next cruise with celebrity because of the itinerary I could have stayed with RCI and would have diamond after that but I don't really care I just cruise for the experience and itinerary so just enjoy cruising and stop worrying what perks you can get, you just might like it:)

I can understand your frustration, and it can seem unfair. Would I threaten a lawsuit or abandonment of the cruise line over it? Nope. Life's too short, and there are more important things to fret over.

Maybe Celebrity should have taken a page out of the Carnival handbook on past guest programs. They too revamped the entire scheme from individual cruise credits to days actually sailed, and the corresponding levels of the program reflected as much. But, they allowed guests a six month window period to reach the next level before pulling the rug out completely. That way no one could scream that they were just one cruise away from Platinum, Diamond, Milestone, etc. etc. and were scr**ed out of the opportunity.

Tony

Had they done that, I would have booked TWO cruises in the next 6 months.

Had the showed the same courtesy, as the whipping boy of the cruise industry when it comes to customer care, CARNIVAL, did, I would had NO ISSUE.

From the 1st time I went on Celebrity I witnessed the benefits of being a captain's club Elite, as everyone went behind the "private event sign" and enjoyed the perks.

THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM to keep you cruising with them...DUH.. So I fell for the hype and kept booking Celebrity.

Now after they got ALL my loyal business they change the program. Well fool me once shame on me and I won't let Celebrity fool me twice.

There are many cruise lines and all of them involve ships, so it is NOT like Celebrity is all there is.

It is the principle of the issue. I worked toward something and they screwed me out of it.

I won't patronize a company that takes advantage of its clients loyalty or takes it for granted.

So my question is, how many cruises will it take to reach the same level as Elite on Celebrity on the other cruise line you decide to sail with now?

The cost of reaching the same level on another cruise line, to me, will be far greater than the benefits you will receive by staying with Celebrity and sailing the one extra cruise.

Checkout the Facebook page of Celebrity.. many many comments like mine

https://www.facebook.com/celebritycruises

Yep. Misery likes company. A bunch of spoiled brats, IMHO. My 5 year old grandson has already grown out of the "His piece is bigger than mine!" stage. He is more mature than you complainers. :rolleyes:

Edited by boogs

wow

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I have so much to be thankful for in my life

health is number one

family and friends is number 2

Right on!:cool:

If there's something I've learned from the countless posts on this board about changes to the loyalty program it's that the ones who complain the loudest aren't really that loyal anyway.

Phil

What you were planning to do is precisely the reason the program was changed. My heart bleeds that your loophole was closed.

True!!! same thing happened with RCCL, and they also had to change their program. I cruise with Celebrity because we like their product; their itineraries and excellent service. I appreciate everything their loyalty program gives us the same way we appreciate Royal's loyalty program. Loyalty programs change, and we know it. I already booked my next cruise with Celebrity and that makes me extremely happy. I'm so grateful for that!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:):) Count your blessings, please!

The OP appears to be someone who was counting his chickens before they hatched.

Airlines have made thei award tickets harder to come by. They raised the mileage level needed for free tickets.

Hotels have made the points needed for free nights higher and higher.

They get to run their loyalty programs however they want.

So does Celebrity

So to break this down, you're crabby because you couldn't take advantage of booking a cheaparse 3 day cruise to get 2 points? I have zero sympathy when I sailed an 18 night cruise and only got 3 points. Maybe I should sue because going by your sense of entitlement I should have got 12 points and made Elite in one cruise. I feel so cheated :rolleyes: