Crashing a Cruise....suggestions?

littleville

My sister and I have secretly booked the same cruise as our brothers.

We would love to just pop in on them on embarkation day. :eek:

Hoping we don't run into each other at the port check-in; we plan on keeping a low profile until we are underway. We know which deck they are on but not the room numbers and we don't think the "officials" at guest services will share this info.

Keeping the Cruise Line, Port and Date a secret ...... any suggestions on how best to surprise them? And yes, they WILL LOVE IT:D

I would think the biggest chance you have of running into them before you are actually on the ship would be in the check in line. If you get a chance, you might just start asking them about the cruise. Things like...Are you going to try to be there the minute they let you check in or are you going to wait until later in the day. Then you can attempt to go at a different time.

Best of luck. Sounds fun to me

My family does surprises all the time and we love it. Maybe check with the maitre d' upon boarding, and see about all of you being seated for dinner together in the MDR..? It would be pretty fun to see your brothers walk up to their table to see you sitting there!

Or tell them that you're treating them to dinner in a specialty restaurant the first night on board- and you and your sister make reservations for that night as well. Tell the host you are surprising them, so they'll be seated with you.

Or order something from Gifts & Gear (like a bottle of wine or chocolate covered strawberries) to be waiting in their stateroom when they board. On the note, have something like 'Thought we'd surprise you, enjoy!" They'd have no idea that their sisters are included in the surprise. Have fun and please let us know how it goes! :D

Sorry but I know I wouldn't want someone to crash my cruise. Of course you know your brothers so they may not mind.... Hope they weren't planing some down time away from their sisters.

Umm, wow OK. :eek: It's none of our business but maybe the siblings don't even live near each other and do not see each other often. She said "And yes, they WILL LOVE IT :D " and I believe her. Gosh, are you always such a Donald Downer? :p:D:p

OP, that sounds like fun! I hope you all have a blast together.

What cruise line are you with? I was on the Royal Princess 3 months ago and each cabin had a nametag beside it with the names of the occupants. If you know the aren't boarding until later in the day you could board early and scope out the floor. Not sure if this is standard practice for all cruise ships though or not.

Sorry but I know I wouldn't want someone to crash my cruise. Of course you know your brothers so they may not mind.

Hope they weren't planing some down time away from their sisters.

Don

I love that it took only like five posts for someone to rain on the parade :rolleyes:

OP, sounds so awesome! We don't know your brothers, you do, and of course I trust you to know if they'd love it or not.

I might text them before you leave port, sending photos that show you getting closer and closer to the room....but my family is creepy like that. Love the idea of surprising them at dinner!

Sorry but I know I wouldn't want someone to crash my cruise. Of course you know your brothers so they may not mind.

Don

Something tells me that there's probably no chance that anyone would plan on crashing your cruise. Rest easy I think you're safe.;)

If you want to order a surprise for their cabin, you need their booking number.... you could say you also need the cabin #.

I sent a gift to friends on the Oasis this past summer and didn't have their reservation number. You can order through Gifts & Gear, and the rep can look the passengers up by ship/sail date/passenger name. The rep I was speaking with even casually mentioned my friend's stateroom number.

You can always go to reception once onboard & have them leave a message for them ..to meet someone at a certain bar at 6:00 pm

Or get your table assignments to link up with theirs ..

My brother hates surprises ..but we do pull one on him every few years:D

Have fun

The BEST way is to tell them you need their booking number because your mom & dad wanted to send them a Bon Voyage gift. Then Call your cruise rep and have them link up your booking numbers for dinner. That'd be the best way to surprise them. Ken

Don

I guess I'm a "party pooper" as well. I know that last thing I'd want is to run into someone I know on a cruise, be it a relative, friend, or acquaintance.

If you have judged your relationship with brothers correctly, this will be great no matter how the logistics work. As to the 'downers', it is a surprise and maybe a supper. It is not surgery to become co-joined twins. I am sure the bros will have time alone later too.

If you have judged your relationship with brothers correctly, this will be great no matter how the logistics work. As to the 'downers', it is a surprise and maybe a supper. It is not surgery to become co-joined twins. I am sure the bros will have time alone later too.

I would welcome a surprise like that from any of my five siblings. None of us are clingy, so we'd enjoy each others company, while give each other plenty of space. Great idea! Now, if I could just get any of my siblings to take a cruise. :)

What a fun idea!

Just want to warn you, when you link up dinner seating, it will show up on their reservation too. For Royal Caribbean, we needed to know each other's reservation numbers, not cabin numbers. I'm linked with 5 other cabins for dinner and all of us see it on our reservations. Your brothers might not notice it, but I'd hate for that little detail to spoil your surprise.

Is the cruise coming up soon? Please come back afterwards and tell us how it worked out! :)

How fun, I wish you were my sister. I'd enjoy that greatly.

Don't worry about the naysayers here, I got the same response when posting a similar question about a surprise cruise. Come to think of it, I believe that thread got so heated it was locked. :roll eyes:

What you can do to keep the surprise is:

1) find out their cabin #. Just ask! Say you were curious and looking at deck plans

2) Find out when they plan to board and arrive at least an hour earlier/later than them

3) Love the show up at a meal idea. Though it would also be really cool if you waited until the next morning at breakfast. Or sit by them in the theater...or hop in the pool...the possibilities are endless.

Have a great time, and please come back and post how it all went. :)