Where did you end up after the Captain's Club Shuffle?

kelmac

What Captain's Club Category are you in?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. What Captain's Club Category are you in?

• I'm not a member of the Captain's Club
    • I'm in Preview
    • I'm in Classic
    • I'm in Select
    • I'm in Elite
    • I'm in Elite Plus
    • I'm in Zenith

Formulas? Where do I find the calculator to affirm my status. Was Elite with 12 cruises before last cruise now have 350 points. Don't know if my 15 day to Hawaii in November was added or not. How to find out?? My brother is a math genius so after finding the formula he might figure it out.

I am having trouble figuring out if people are better off, worse or the same under this new system. Is there any kind of consensus on thus?

Better Off:

- those that had the points for the new tiers of Elite Plus and Zeneth

- those that were very close to a tier and were given a bonus that moved them to that tier or still very close to it.

Worse Off:

- those that weren't close to a tier and are now must either cruise more times or upgrade to longer cruises and higher SRs.

- those that think they should be given a status they hadn't earned yet, and think they are losing something they hadn't earned.

The Same:

- those that either stayed in their old tier, or....

- those who got into a new tier but don't cruise for some goodie, but appreciate the goodies.

- those that will have to cruise more to go up a tier but don't cruise for some goodie.

- those that realize this is an Incentive Program.

OK, I added a few editorials, but what the heck.

Den

Edited by Denny01

Formulas? Where do I find the calculator to affirm my status. Was Elite with 12 cruises before last cruise now have 350 points. Don't know if my 15 day to Hawaii in November was added or not. How to find out?? My brother is a math genius so after finding the formula he might figure it out.

Reviewed my X account. Formula is not so difficult. Seems unfair that 2-3 day cruises merit the same points as 10-11 cruises but it was always that way. My points are 1/2 to Plus status. Maybe if Celebrity will take my points after I am reincarnated in the next world, I might be there. Oh,well! Happy with my one bag of laundry and 90 internet minutes.

Are you saying my TA can cancel our transatlantic cruise for next year, rebook it and I can pick up 25 more points? Somewhere I think I read that's for a limited time?

Assuming this is not another rhetorical question I believe the 25 bonus points for cruises booked between the date implemented and the end of the year may be tied into the 123 Promo. Since TAs are not included in the 123 Promo the bonus might not work. I see mention of the 25 bonus points on the 123 Promo page.

Originally Posted by SHill64 View Post

Are you saying my TA can cancel our transatlantic cruise for next year, rebook it and I can pick up 25 more points? Somewhere I think I read that's for a limited time?

Assuming this is not another rhetorical question I believe the 25 bonus points for cruises booked between the date implemented and the end of the year may be tied into the 123 Promo. Since TAs are not included in the 123 Promo the bonus might not work. I see mention of the 25 bonus points on the 123 Promo page.

The promo isn't good for transatlantic cruises. :(

EDIT : Sorry - I read TA as travel agent - just realized you meant transatlantic.:o

Edited by chamima

Nice summary (and I agree with your editorials). But I think you had an error (I'll bet you expected to either be criticized or have errors pointed out).

I fall into the second and last items under "The Same"

Better Off:

- those that had the points for the new tiers of Elite Plus and Zeneth

- those that were very close to a tier and were given a bonus that moved them to that tier or still very close to it. I'm pretty sure nobody got a bonus that changed their tier. Those close to Elite remained approximately the same number of cruises away but some needed a longer cruise or higher category)

Worse Off:

- those that weren't close to a tier and are now must either cruise more times or upgrade to longer cruises and higher SRs.

- those that think they should be given a status they hadn't earned yet, and think they are losing something they hadn't earned.

The Same:

- those that either stayed in their old tier, or....

- those who got into a new tier but don't cruise for some goodie, but appreciate the goodies.

- those that will have to cruise more to go up a tier but don't cruise for some goodie.

- those that realize this is an Incentive Program.

OK, I added a few editorials, but what the heck.

Den

Nice summary (and I agree with your editorials). But I think you had an error (I'll bet you expected to either be criticized or have errors pointed out).

I fall into the second and last items under "The Same"

You are right, I opened myself up and am ready.

Den

Edited by Denny01

Would be interesting if we could get hold of the total numbers of Celebrity Cruisers that are in each Captain's Club Level. Like a world-wide total.

I wonder if the Captain's Club people would release that info?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Just hit 400 voters. As we can see, our Cruise Critic Celebrity fans occupy the upper rungs of the Captain's Club, which is pretty much what you would think.

I would think that the average cruiser would have less than two total Celebrity cruises. I'm always surprised when I check out the Princess boards, or the Holland America boards, and people will have twenty total cruises, and only one Celebrity cruise. Of course, I've cruised fifty times, and have never been on a Carnival cruise.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Just had dinner with a CCHostess. Told me that her list shows 40 Zenith level world wide.

That sounds about right to me. I was wondering how many people could possibly attain Zenith. Of course, the conversion process was very generous and 100 previous points got people into Zenith. I could actually have seen myself make it to Zenith under the old point system, since I already had enough to get to Elite+ cruising just 12 years with Celebrity and Azamara once or twice a year in nothing fancier than Aqua class. I hope to have at least 30 more years of cruising.

Anyone joining the program now would need 166 days in the penthouse to reach Zenith. You'd need 233 days in a verandah to make Elite+ if you were starting from scratch.

I expect there will be very few new people attaining Zenith. You could live on a Celebrity ship for over two years in a verandah cabin and still not be Zenith. That club is bound to get smaller and smaller as time progresses, and some day, there will be just a handful of Zenith members.

The Eclipse TA that we just took brought us to 25 old points, so we were lucky enough to become Elite Plus just as it was announced. We usually travel in inside cabins with occasional balconies, so Zenith is a distant dream for us. We enjoy the benefits, but our next three cruises are with a different line because itineraries were more appealing.

Sheila

Just hit 400 voters. As we can see, our Cruise Critic Celebrity fans occupy the upper rungs of the Captain's Club, which is pretty much what you would think.

40 at Zenith level and 7 of those voted in the poll… My DW did not vote (she says I have way too many opinions and does not see the need to add fuel to any fire). We were told that there are over 2,000,000 captain's club members while on board Constellation.

If one cruises a lot and spends most of that time on their cruise line of choice, I believe that the Cruise Line should reward them. We cruised long before tier level meant anything and certainly did not cruise because of perks. Celebrity has rewarded the cruise-addicted handsomely. Most at the Zenith level would achieve Elite level every single year.

It is not a chore nor an ordeal to pick a cruise and enjoy a wonderful lifestyle without any extra freebies offered through the Loyalty program. It's not an ordeal to cruise in order to be rewarded.

We just spent 15 days on Constellation at Zenith level and enjoyed the perks that any other Elite member earned. Zenith does not apply until our next cruise. Many Elite plus members who had their level on their keycard also did not get their new perks and a few complained.

We have greatly enjoyed our many Celebrity cruises, more than our 30 cruises on other lines. Perks are merely dessert, sweet but not essential to enjoy a meal.

For those who continue to waste time complaining, use your time looking for any cruise line which will treat you better in the long run. I doubt that any one will find a company that offers more on a cruise than Celebrity and rewards you the more you cruise. Not every cruise is perfect but X gets it right more often than not.

40 at Zenith level and 7 of those voted in the poll… My DW did not vote (she says I have way too many opinions and does not see the need to add fuel to any fire). We were told that there are over 2,000,000 captain's club members while on board Constellation.

If one cruises a lot and spends most of that time on their cruise line of choice, I believe that the Cruise Line should reward them. We cruised long before tier level meant anything and certainly did not cruise because of perks. Celebrity has rewarded the cruise-addicted handsomely. Most at the Zenith level would achieve Elite level every single year.

It is not a chore nor an ordeal to pick a cruise and enjoy a wonderful lifestyle without any extra freebies offered through the Loyalty program. It's not an ordeal to cruise in order to be rewarded.

We just spent 15 days on Constellation at Zenith level and enjoyed the perks that any other Elite member earned. Zenith does not apply until our next cruise. Many Elite plus members who had their level on their keycard also did not get their new perks and a few complained.

We have greatly enjoyed our many Celebrity cruises, more than our 30 cruises on other lines. Perks are merely dessert, sweet but not essential to enjoy a meal.

For those who continue to waste time complaining, use your time looking for any cruise line which will treat you better in the long run. I doubt that any one will find a company that offers more on a cruise than Celebrity and rewards you the more you cruise. Not every cruise is perfect but X gets it right more often than not.

Well stated! With that many Captain's Club members, it puts you and the Zenith members in the 3 one thousandths of one percent range. (Pretty exclusive zone):) I wonder how many Elite Plus members there are?

Enjoy!

Kel

Celebrity has rewarded the cruise-addicted handsomely.

Perks are merely dessert, sweet but not essential to enjoy a meal.

That, pretty much, says it all! ;)

We are now Elite Plus but figure it will take us at least 5 years to reach the next level. I cruise Celebrity because it is the best cruiseline for my money. I have rarely been disappointed with the service I get on Celebrity. I like the perks but it is not why we cruise with Celebrity. My hats off to all that have achieved Zenith level. That to me means that they had the enjoyment and pleasure that Celebrity gives.

Pat

Interestingly, only perks have received a mention.

What about "status"? Elites who are now Elite+ are no longer the most valued cruisers - this is a loss of status in my view.

Does anyone feel this way or is it all about the perks these days?

What about "status"? Elites who are now Elite+ are no longer the most valued cruisers - this is a loss of status in my view.

What did status, from just being Elite, give you before?

As long as I have a great cruise, I could care less about what status I am. I don't cruise for status, I cruise for the enjoyment of it.

Status of being Elite and now losing status not being Zenith? What am I missing here? There was and is no status. There are some benefits to entice us to cruise with this particular Line.

What status do I get from stuffing dirty laundry into a bag and getting it back with no charge?

What status do I get sitting in my SR or the Internet Lounge staring at a computer screen for free, instead of meeting neat people, seeing beautiful sites, or just looking out at the endless horizon?

What status do I get trying to find an open seat at a crowded lounge, or hand a waiter a slip of paper so I can suck down a free drink?

What status do I get eating a free breakfast when there are free breakfasts all over the ship.....oh, I forgot the status of getting a free special coffee.....that Must Be It!

And I forgot the status I gained from walking around insisting everyone see that my Cruise Card had 'Elite' on it. I could tell I had 'status, from all the admiring looks I got from everyone I did that to.

Just bring Elite Plus and knowing there is some Zenithite lurking out there will just ruin my cruise.

Den

Edited by Denny01

I also could not care less about the status. My understanding is that the "Zenith" Level was somewhat of an unofficial level. IMO it is a great marketing tool for Celebrity. Celebrity is showing everyone what they provide to a very select number of super cruisers. I see absolutely no downside to that awareness. I do not expect to live long enough nor cruise enough to reach that status, but I say great for those that can or have. I also expect that with the new point system for those just starting with Celebrity it will be an even more rare status unless Celebrity introduces additional ways to earn points. (Like the current 25 point bonus)

From what I can tell from my cruise experience it has really not about the "status" for almost all of the Celebrity cruisers. More of a "blue collar" community where the cruisers have worked hard for their money and earned the money that they ise to cruise.