Trying out Celebrity Silhouette - some thoughts

We just returned a week ago from a 13N sailing out of the Celebrity Silhouette, Med and Adriatic Seas.

I have started a review on the Celebrity Boards - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1952065

The above review would be the more traditional type of day-by-day review with many pictures.

For this thread in the Royal Caribbean part of Cruise Critic forum, I shall think of ways to have more fun by posting other stuff from the trip and sharing other insights and observations.

Stay tuned!

Really looking forward to reading the review - I loved your review of Legend earlier this year. :)

Thanks. The standard day-to-day review is already in full swing at the Celebrity Board. Check it out.

Meanwhile, I am cracking my head on what to put here.

go go go!

Thanks.

I think the Solistice class vessels all have this solitary tree. Every time we take the centre elevators (and there are 8 of them), we would pass it. I know trees can't talk, but I do wonder how it feels.

xfw605.jpg

From a practical point of view, wouldn't maintaining this tree be a challenge?

I don't think Royal serves smoking drinks anywhere on the ship? I could be wrong.

o920d1.jpg

This is the famous Molecular Bar on Solistice class ships. I don't think Royal has an equivalent. Drinks were USD 12.

11ug9ww.jpg

The Molecular Bar is amazing!! Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. I'm looking forward to this thread!!

It has been almost 3 yrs since I sailed on Celebrity. I look forward to your views of the ship. We have finally reached diamond on royal so we will be elite on Celebrity when we sail with them again.

We sailed on the Silhouette as Elites, thanks to having achieved C&A Diamond. Good perks! Only downside, no dedicated Elite lounge.

We sailed on the Silhouette as Elites, thanks to having achieved C&A Diamond. Good perks! Only downside, no dedicated Elite lounge.

Since we just made diamond we have not had the opportunity to experience the lounge--so we do not know what we are missing. :p

I remember Celebrity had nightly Elite events. I remember they had an elite luncheon on the Constellation, too.

Since we just made diamond we have not had the opportunity to experience the lounge--so we do not know what we are missing. :p

I remember Celebrity had nightly Elite events. I remember they had an elite luncheon on the Constellation, too.

Yeah. On our recent cruise, other than the nightly Elite social event as well as the daily morning coffee & continental breakfast at the Tuscan Grille (8am to 10am), they also had other events like the Elite Wine Tasting as well as Elite Afternoon tea.

Unfortunately we couldn't make it for the two events. Missed the Wine Tasting because we were playing Scavenger Hunt with the kids (Fun Factory event). Missed the afternoon tea because that was held on a port day and by the time we came back to the ship, we missed it.

There is always a next time!!

Loved this ship and thought it was magnificent! The one problem is the lack of drawers and storage space in our regular balcony cabin. Could not put everything away neatly and the storage up high over the beds is not easily accessible. Poor design!

That was perhaps our only serious problem with the Silhouette which otherwise is a beautiful ship. Difficult to understand what the designers were thinking of when they provided such limited storage space or made what there was, so inaccessible for anyone not in the NBA.

That was perhaps our only serious problem with the Silhouette which otherwise is a beautiful ship. Difficult to understand what the designers were thinking of when they provided such limited storage space or made what there was, so inaccessible for anyone not in the NBA.

Agree...and I didn't care for the pleather sofa either--hot and sticky. I did like the showers better: bigger and with add-ons.