Summer Caribbean Itinerary

Nana57

My wife was a teacher and we could only vacation in the summer. My first 3 Celebrity cruises were to the Caribbean. Then they got bigger and I guess they felt their customers were tired of the Caribbean and they started all their European and Middle East and so on, cruises. When I want to see Europe I fly and stay on a hotel. A few hours in Rome or elsewhere on a cruise doesn't do anything

Might want to give it a try some day. The European cruises are great!!

Second that.

In fact iMHO the BEST way to "do" Europe or the British Isles is to start or end a visit with a cruise.

best of both vacations. :D

Second that.

In fact iMHO the BEST way to "do" Europe or the British Isles is to start or end a visit with a cruise.

best of both vacations. :D

We were forced to look elsewhere for a number of years when Celebrity abandoned the Caribbean itineraries in summer.. We were thrilled to finally book a Med cruise on the Equinox in Sept and we are hooked! Best cruise ever!

Most all the cruise lines avoid the Caribbean in the summer do to the fact it is the hurricane season. A very dangerous time to cruise there and also when cruises went there, folks got very upset as itinerary's were changed many times to avoid the storms.

As Europe demand is trending down the cruise lines are cutting capacity... celebrity has shortened 2014 season by 2-3 weeks on each end of all ships. Perhaps 2015 will bring back a summer ship. Solstice did it a few years back.

I would like to see more cruises in the summer leaving from US ports, whether they are Caribbean or Canadian cruises. As a school system employee, I am limited on the times I can travel as well as limited by cost. I can't afford to fly to Europe and then pay for a cruise. I would love to do a Canadian cruise out of a Northeastern port on Celebrity. I also miss Celebrity having a ship homeporting in Baltimore - so convenient!

As Europe demand is trending down the cruise lines are cutting capacity... celebrity has shortened 2014 season by 2-3 weeks on each end of all ships. Perhaps 2015 will bring back a summer ship. Solstice did it a few years back.

Solstice did a Summer Caribbean Itinerary?:confused:...I guess I am getting the

CRS syndrome:eek:. She came into the fleet in 2008.....which summer did

she do the Caribbean? 09? 10? 11?

I know in 2012 and this year she didn't do the Caribbean in the summer

time.

Edited by Lois R

time.

I'm pretty sure it was 2010, I have friends that sailed it. I'm not looking to cruise the Caribbean in summer since it's nice at home then.

My wife was a teacher and we could only vacation in the summer. My first 3 Celebrity cruises were to the Caribbean. Then they got bigger and I guess they felt their customers were tired of the Caribbean and they started all their European and Middle East and so on, cruises. When I want to see Europe I fly and stay on a hotel. A few hours in Rome or elsewhere on a cruise doesn't do anything

European cruises are great. Many ports aren't like Rome or Florence where you need to stay a few days.

The Greek Islands, ports all around the Med, Baltic and British Isles offer fantastic opportunities. Further, you plan a pre or post cruise visit in a place like Rome, Istanbul, Venice, Florence, London, etc. that demand more than one day.

time.

Lois is correct, Solstice did do a summer Caribbean season and it did not go well, lots of upgrades available and very deep discounted prices. Also, Royal runs their two huge ships out of FLL all year round and that is major competition. Finally, remember that Celebrity only has 10 ships, not counting Xpedition, possible 9 very soon. Some lines like Royal, Carnival, etc have twice as many ships. Don't think you'll see a summer trip anytime soon.

time.

It was 2010, she did alternating east and west itineraries. It was before Allure sailed year round.

Pricing was low, but it was also when everyone overcompensated and had ships in the Caribbean over the summer. Emerald princess was around that summer as well. Pricing has also been ridiculously low in Europe less capacity should help pricing this summer.

Only thing I've ever seen has been the cruises to Bermuda (not quite the Caribbean) from New York or sailing their sister line, Royal Caribbean, which has Caribbean cruises through the summer.

This is what we are doing - we did the Summit to Bermuda and this coming summer (2014) we are taking the kids and grandkids on our first ever cruise on RCCL - Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral.