Poll: Table cloth or NO table cloth ?

With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below  

817 members have voted

1. 1. With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below

• Eating off a table with no table cloth – a terrible idea and it will cheapen the experience.
    • If it looks OK then I would be happy with or with-out a table cloth.
    • I really don’t care for a table cloth – as long as my food is good.

I was trying to come up with a nice way to say this and you stated it perfectly. AND I can just imagine the germs attached to the sponge/rag / whatever , that they will be wiping the tables over and over again with.

Double yuck!

just like every other restaurant in America

just like every other restaurant in America

It's one reason the food service industry doesn't get very much of my money. Which may also be why I don't get sick very often. Just because it looks clean doesn't make it sanitary.

From my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk.

Yes, I've seen the grody rags that they wipe the tables off with.

Yes, and many, many times we have reported that the Lido tables smell from the disgusting rags they use to wipe them down. For precisely that reason we have tried to avoid dining on the Lido as much as possible.

Yes, I understand they will be doing away with the tablecloths over the next few months. Some of the ships already have made the change.

I know some do not care one way or the other about a tablecloth but it does matter to us. I don't use a tablecloth on my kitchen table but there is always one on my dining room table.

Carnival has made so many cutbacks over the last five years, but this was the thing that did it for us....we recently cancelled our upcoming Liberty cruise...time for us to try something different...and it is such a shame, because we have always loved our Carnival cruises.

Please folks no rude comments about it...it's just a preference for us that we have a tablecloth when dining.

Since this announcement was made I have started noting how few restaurants still use table cloths. And no, I'm not in NYC. We were out for New Year's Eve at a high end restaurant....no table clothes in sight. I know of one or two steakhouses in our area that still use them, but that is all.

I honestly find it a little humourous that we are all sitting here arguing about tablecloths on a forum for cruises!:D Anyhow, I am not going to freak out if there isn't any tablecloths on our tables when I go on the Magic this spring. I personally would prefer them and will be a little disappointed if they aren't there, but if they aren't the world isn't going to end.

Yes' date=' I understand they will be doing away with the tablecloths over the next few months. Some of the ships already have made the change.

I know some do not care one way or the other about a tablecloth but it does matter to us. I don't use a tablecloth on my kitchen table but there is always one on my dining room table.

Carnival has made so many cutbacks over the last five years, but this was the thing that did it for us....we recently cancelled our upcoming Liberty cruise...time for us to try something different...and it is such a shame, because we have always loved our Carnival cruises.

Please folks no rude comments about it...it's just a preference for us that we have a tablecloth when dining.[/quote']

Come on that was just the icing on the cake...it is comical no table cloths in a dining room...all you can is laugh.....Cayhill's Carnival is SAD!!

Boy, some people on these boards are "mean". I was not asking for, nor answering, any poll. I asked a simple question, because I honestly hadn't read any discussions, or decisions, regarding tablecloths. I was just asking if Carnival had actually decided to stop using tablecloths in the dining room. I got some snarky answers, about how it had been discussed and discussed, and yada yada. I was even told to "get into the 21st century".

Well, I'm here, and it's a good thing that I've been around these boards for a few years now. I've got some great tips and idea's, from some very helpful people. If I was a newbie to CC, I would have ran and never come back.

So I will continue to get help, and give help, to all the friendly people, and ingnore all the meanies.