Poll: Table cloth or NO table cloth ?

With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below  

817 members have voted

1. 1. With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below

• Eating off a table with no table cloth – a terrible idea and it will cheapen the experience.
    • If it looks OK then I would be happy with or with-out a table cloth.
    • I really don’t care for a table cloth – as long as my food is good.

The tables in the steakhouses seem to do just fine.

DSC_3229.JPG

Trying to imagine this with cloth. I guess they decide they are not just fine for a fine steakhouse :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

I'd like to point out again that the steakhouses will now have tableclothes. That really throws off a lot of the arguements on this thread.

Apparently Carnival recognizes that the table clothes go hand in hand with a nice meal.

Or it means they just want to distinguish between the two different venues

NYC, Masa....2012 Michelin star Restaurant. Average tab, $1,269

Masa-Japanese-Restaurant.jpg

Are you sure this is the pic of three Michelin star restaurant? I never dined there but my friend did. She told me it's like chefs table setting. If memory do me right it's no more than 15 people.

I'd like to point out again that the steakhouses will now have tableclothes. That really throws off a lot of the arguements on this thread.

Apparently Carnival recognizes that the table clothes go hand in hand with a nice meal.

disgraceful discrimination against vegans , I will send a missive to the Hague post haste.

PS -- I don't like my silverware sitting on a table that has been wiped with probably a dirty rag.

Germs -- UGH

JMO

They've already addressed that your silverware will still be placed on top of a folded cloth napkin. It will not be placed directly on the table.

• 2 weeks later...
They've already addressed that your silverware will still be placed on top of a folded cloth napkin. It will not be placed directly on the table.

So is each person going to get two napkins?? One for our lap and one for our utensils... lol

I don't discriminate, I get grossed out by rags used to wipe down tables at land or at sea, five star restaurants or lido deck tables. My germ phobe might keep me from putting my silverware on bare tables, but it won't keep me from cruising on Carnival, tablecloths or not.

I kept an open mind until I saw the pics of the MDR on the Glory with the new tables. :eek:

It looks like they need Robert Irvine or Gordon Ramsay to come in and do a makeover! The tables themselves are nice but definitely do not go with the carpet, chairs, etc. The tables don't match and makes the rest of the décor appear old and tired!

We spend too much money on our cruises between the type of room we book, our S&S, etc. that we're taking our money elsewhere. We rolled with the changes all through the years but enough is enough!

Too many choices of Cruise Lines which has what we enjoy about Cruising!

Edited by idiebabe