Poll: Table cloth or NO table cloth ?

With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below  

817 members have voted

1. 1. With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below

• Eating off a table with no table cloth – a terrible idea and it will cheapen the experience.
    • If it looks OK then I would be happy with or with-out a table cloth.
    • I really don’t care for a table cloth – as long as my food is good.

calling the dining room experience "fine dining" while watching dancing servers grooving to loud pop music, then complain about the lack of tablecloths is like driving a chrysler with a bentley emblem, but complaining that sheepskin seat covers cheapens the ride.

Its still a chrysler just as the dining room on a cruise is just banquet food at best.

*lol* like

Wow complain about your inside on main as well people!!! What do you want for 59 a night??? A formal dinner and all you can eat? Break down what your are paying then come back here to justify your complaint. Your getting far more then you would for 3 meals at Denny's with a show, resort etc.

Btw usually book a balcony, suite and often pay 2x for solo and it's still cheaper then most land vacations. It's a great deal!

Edited by Sh1035

After tax and gratuities, is that a last minute inside cabin? For a decent Cabin with tax and gratuity plus airfare to the port and Hotel, it's closer to $200 a night, EACH! For that I expect a tablecloth! If not, I can go to a really good all inclusive. I will be considering my options.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a Winner!!!!!

"I'll stop cruising Carnival when their cut backs impact me..." Well wake up people! They have been affecting you. Lower food quality for one. Cut backs in past guest program - that affects repeat customers. Someone may not care about the island music but others do. Table cloths, past guest programs, food quality and the such affect everyone.

Not....None of those items you mentioned affect me. I do not care for island music. Table clothes are a non-issue to me. People are making mountains out of molehill IMHO. I am not loyal to any cruise line, I do not know what any of the past guest programs on any ship include and don't really care. If I get a free item on my cruise bonus...but I don't book my cruises for a few cheap freebies. I haven't noticed any lower food quality in the meals I have had from my first on Carnival in 2005 to my last this past August. I am looking forward to trying the new menus for a change. Food is too subjective for you to decide for me what I like or not. No matter how many times you try to tell me it does....These things you have mentioned have NOT mattered to me one iota.

No table cloth? No elegant night! You can't have one without the other... If I have to eat on bare wood, "elegant" is jeans, boots, flannel shirts, and cowboy hats!

PAY ATTENTION....the table cloth will still be there for elegant night. How do you people keep missing this?

After tax and gratuities, is that a last minute inside cabin? For a decent Cabin with tax and gratuity plus airfare to the port and Hotel, it's closer to $200 a night, EACH! For that I expect a tablecloth! If not, I can go to a really good all inclusive. I will be considering my options.

Carnival is starting to believe the bad publicity and embrace the whole image of only those who pay $59 per night would cruise them.

Carnival you don't have to answer to what people call you or live down to their expectation. People who pay more than $59, who like to good, use table cloth at home, don't say doo-doo like at least I am on vacation (kinda like at least I have a man:eek: still want to cruise with you, because you are fun but lets work on fabulous:D

However, with all the sheets we could have the mother of all toga deck party.

Edited by Blk_Amish

NO, NO not 'elegant night'. They need them to make the place look better for the pictures they hope to sell. Carnival is cheap not stupid, not a pic would be sold!

Everyone would be in Daisy Dukes, jeans, and t-shirt for the entire cruise. Definitely not picture (cash cow) worthy.

Edited by Blk_Amish

I expect the MDR to be equivalent to a fine dining experience on land. No tableclothes is not fine dining.

I challenge you to visit NYC where many of the upscale, fine dining places are going to no table clothes. Sorry, but a "table cloth" does not define "fine dining". The food and service do, and for that, Carnival's MDR is not equivalent. I like the food in the MDR but to define it as "fine dining" is someone who has never eaten at a true fine dining restaurant in NYC, Paris or Rome. There is no comparison.

I challenge you to visit NYC where many of the upscale, fine dining places are going to no table clothes. Sorry, but a "table cloth" does not define "fine dining". The food and service do, and for that, Carnival's MDR is not equivalent. I like the food in the MDR but to define it as "fine dining" is someone who has never eaten at a true fine dining restaurant in NYC, Paris or Rome. There is no comparison.

It boarders comical when people call the MDR experience as "fine dining", with or without tablecloths.

For those who think the experience is "fine dining", I have a luxury car for sale. A classic 1979 Pinto. Will throw in a fire extinguisher.

According to some people here, it's the best food they ever had:p. That doesn't say much for cooking skills but that's another story.

really

I have had some good meals on my cruises and I certainly never went hungry.

But when I think about some of the best meals I ever had , a cruise ship doesn't even come to mind.