Poll: Table cloth or NO table cloth ?

With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below  

817 members have voted

1. 1. With the proposed changes relating to table cloth/linen in the MDR, please vote below

• Eating off a table with no table cloth – a terrible idea and it will cheapen the experience.
    • If it looks OK then I would be happy with or with-out a table cloth.
    • I really don’t care for a table cloth – as long as my food is good.

Without the tablecloths I will be able to entertain myself chipping off the dried on food from the previous diners. it will give me something to do while waiting for service.

Will have to watch out for the gum under the tables though, that stuff grows fuzz.

In my entire life the only times table cloths have been used was to either A) cover up an ugly table top. Or B) to protect your antique table....

Class or fancy eating or ambiance had nothing to do with it!

Table cloth or no table cloth I honestly don't care. As long as the food is good you could serve it to me in a paper "togo" container and it wouldn't bother me!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Really? Yuck, paper plates really bother me. Who wants to cut their food on a paper plate (I get all blahhh just thinking about it) and don't even get me started on styrofoam! :eek: In any case, tablecloths can take it or leave it, I suppose, although I personally prefer them and their crumb cleaner tool thingamajigs. But never ever 'to go' disposable! Ew... Unless its a hotdog...the MDR CCL hotdog? :D Jk jk

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

I prefer no tablecloths. On my last cruise we had late dining. At early dining, someone clearly spilt their water glass because a large portion of our tablecloth was sopping wet...ick. I'd rather have a table that I can see if it's clean (or not).

(and BTW, this experience wasn't on Carnival).

Well let's see. The food is not as good as it used to be so for me and alot of people, the atmosphere in the mdr was a main reason to go there instead of the buffet. Buffet sure is more convenient and has most of the same food choices as the mdr, minus stuff like Lobster and wcmc. I mean, i got carved meats and all the crab cake i wanted one night at the buffet before going to the mdr. If they are going to further cheapen the experience, they are making a big mistake. If for no other reason, they sell liquor like crazy in the mdr. Our tablemates on my last cruise got specialty drinks, wine and shots every night. If nobody is going to go to the mdr because the food and overall atmosphere sucks, yhey are just losing out on more revenue. Few people from my observations drink like thay in the lido buffet at dinner.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Wow! A heated debate about tablecloths! Really?? Before anyone else gets their knickers in a twist, stop and think about what cruise line this is. Carnival. They have never proclaimed to be a luxury cruise line for the elite. It is a cruise line for the budget-minded. If reducing the use of tablecloths helps keep the prices down, thereby attracting new cruisers, and bringing back repeat cruisers, I'm all for it. Having a tablecloth or not isn't that big of a deal. I'd be happy if Carnival took the money they'll save and bring back live bands on the Lido deck and do away with the DJ, but that probably won't happen. If you honestly feel that not having a tablecloth will somehow ruin your dining experience, then say "Bon Voyage" to Carnival. You won't be missed.:cool:

I am withholding judgement until I see it. I do not feel that table cloths are crucial to elegant dining. When I first heard it I thought it was terrible, but then I started paying attention to places I eat that I consider really nice and it can be done very well.