Brilliant idea

Grandmom3

I am a happy Oceania cruiser. I've noticed that ladies talk about/advise other ladies on apparel suitable on Oceania. Frequently Chicos is mentioned as a place to find such apparel. I don't work for Oceania or Chicos, but I think it would be a great idea to have a Chicos boutique on board. Cruising and shopping--a great match. No offense meant to the stores they currently have, just not a huge fan. Hint: $75,000 for a necklace.

Then we would all have to co-ordinate what we were wearing that evening :D

I do agree something more affordable on the ships would be nice though

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Personally I love having designer items in the shops for those OBC purchases at the end of a cruise. My DH is currently wearing a beautiful POLO sweater bought with an OBC...

I would like them too

I saw a skirt that was $180 ...same skirt my friend bought at a resort shop here for $70 which was still overpriced ;)

There is reasonable & then there is extortion prices;)

YMMV

Lyn

I would like them too

I saw a skirt that was $180 ...same skirt my friend bought at a resort shop here for $70 which was still overpriced ;)

There is reasonable & then there is extortion prices;)

YMMV

Lyn

When after a b/b, you have a large OBC, it hardly matters what they charge if your getting something you like. "Use it or loose it."

Personally I love having designer items in the shops for those OBC purchases at the end of a cruise. My DH is currently wearing a beautiful POLO sweater bought with an OBC...

Yes, that type of thing is good for OBC's. But nobody has a $75K OBC. I wonder if those people actually sell some of that stuff--they must I guess, or they wouldn't stay.

Oh, and Kathy, I don't consider $500 a bauble.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

[Nothing is overpriced when you have lots of SBC to use. And there is NO tax. We were in NZ on the Nautica a couple of years ago and I bought a Swarovski crystal bracelet. Well when we got to Wellington there was a Swarovski crystal store and my bracelet was there for more money!! The ship is duty free, albeit, expensive duty free. On our next cruise in February I have soooooooo much SBC that my first stop is the boutique!! Yes, use it or lose it! Arlene;)[/b]

[Nothing is overpriced when you have lots of SBC to use. And there is NO tax. We were in NZ on the Nautica a couple of years ago and I bought a Swarovski crystal bracelet. Well when we got to Wellington there was a Swarovski crystal store and my bracelet was there for more money!! The ship is duty free, albeit, expensive duty free. On our next cruise in February I have soooooooo much SBC that my first stop is the boutique!! Yes, use it or lose it! Arlene;)[/b]

Duty Free and no tax pales in comparison to the doubling and tripling of the basic price. Kind of like some of the excursions where the price is double or more of what one might pay for the same excursion bought directly from the tour operator.

Guess it is simply a fact of life that all cruise lines make a big profit on excursions and then there are those that make huge profits ripping off their customers. Let the buyer beware!!!

The Jewelery shop actually sells some designer pieces (Roberto Coin/David Yurman) that are under $500 for baubles. They are at retail but are not usually discounted anywhere anyway.

On our recent trip we noticed a David Yurman piece in the boutique that my wife has. Just for fun I asked the price of it which was $4799. Less than 5 years ago we paid $2199 for it at the local store. This was not discounted. I know gold has gone up but surely not that much.

Edited by ORV

In the Baltics last August at the end of our cruise there were some great "guy" stuff (Polo sweaters, etc.) that were pretty reasonable (in line with what you'd pay at a Macy's or the like - of course at full retail). We also saw some astronomically inflated items which were almost laughable. Personally, I like the idea of a reasonable option to buy clothes ON the ship, however, I doubt it will happen. From what I understand, the shops are typically a 3rd party company that in essence "leases" the space out - and that is very expensive space.... :) Or at least this is how it is on the big mass market ships - O could be different.

Then we would all have to co-ordinate what we were wearing that evening :D

I do agree something more affordable on the ships would be nice though

Lyn

Attention, please: This is to remind you that all women must submit their their clothing choices before 3:00 PM for the MDR. This is not necessary for men because they really don't care how many others show up in the same outfit.

Thanks for the giggle, Lyn.

Attention, please: This is to remind you that all women must submit their their clothing choices before 3:00 PM for the MDR. This is not necessary for men because they really don't care how many others show up in the same outfit.

Thanks for the giggle, Lyn.

Good one but BLACK is BLACK !

attention, please: This is to remind you that all women must submit their their clothing choices before 3:00 pm for the mdr. This is not necessary for men because they really don't care how many others show up in the same outfit.

thanks for the giggle, lyn.

lol

:)

Thank you also

Edited by LHT28

Re: clothing -- On several recent cruises on the O class ships the boutique was stocked only with Ralph Lauren, Joseph Ribkoff and a few bathing suits and cover-ups. I asked about other brands (Cutter and Buck) and eventually a few styles in broken sizes were brought out. Even using sbc, the prices in general were outrageous, assuming you could find something that fit.

Remember the days of embellished T-shirts and end-of-season sales???? Or $10 days from Bijoux Turner for the pashmina or sunhat you forgot to pack or to replace the watch you broke or for last minute gift purchases?

Just sayin'

Re: clothing -- On several recent cruises on the O class ships the boutique was stocked only with Ralph Lauren, Joseph Ribkoff and a few bathing suits and cover-ups. I asked about other brands (Cutter and Buck) and eventually a few styles in broken sizes were brought out. Even using sbc, the prices in general were outrageous, assuming you could find something that fit.

Remember the days of embellished T-shirts and end-of-season sales???? Or $10 days from Bijoux Turner for the pashmina or sunhat you forgot to pack or to replace the watch you broke or for last minute gift purchases?

Just sayin'

I agree

I loved the $10 tables on the R ships but skip the gold by the inch crap LOL

I would be happy with some non designer clothes at a reasonable prices

Some of us do not have LARGE OBC to use up or oodles of $$ to spend

but still like to shop ;)

Do not need anymore expensive jewelry to sit in the safe

DH saw a nice watch but $8000. that was not happening :eek:

That is another cruise for us

He bought a $300 one on the flight home from the airline boutique onboard

Do not need any more logo T-shirts unless they are very unusual

Anyone listening :)

Lyn

I agree

I loved the $10 tables on the R ships but skip the gold by the inch crap LOL

I would be happy with some non designer clothes at a reasonable prices

Some of us do not have LARGE OBC to use up or oodles of $$ to spend

but still like to shop ;)

Do not need anymore expensive jewelry to sit in the safe

DH saw a nice watch but $8000. that was not happening :eek:

That is another cruise for us

He bought a $300 one on the flight home from the airline boutique onboard

Do not need any more logo T-shirts unless they are very unusual

Anyone listening :)

Lyn

Lyn: Tell Mike that I also bought a watch from the airline Duty Free boutique flying home from Stockholm in July. :D We'll have to compare purchases when we see you in May! Marsha

PS: Only once did I buy "silver" by the inch, on our very first O cruise because I forgot to pack a silver chain. I've worn it exactly twice in 9 years. Guess it's time to regift it. LOL

Lyn: Tell Mike that I also bought a watch from the airline Duty Free boutique flying home from Stockholm in July. :D We'll have to compare purchases when we see you in May! Marsha

Looking forward to it :D

Lyn

I am a happy Oceania cruiser. I've noticed that ladies talk about/advise other ladies on apparel suitable on Oceania. Frequently Chicos is mentioned as a place to find such apparel. I don't work for Oceania or Chicos, but I think it would be a great idea to have a Chicos boutique on board. Cruising and shopping--a great match. No offense meant to the stores they currently have, just not a huge fan. Hint: $75,000 for a necklace.

Oh what a great idea. I am a huge Chico's fan and my entire cruise wardrobe is from Chico's. Everything is Mix and Match allowing me to travel with only one carry-on and a small backpack - even for an 18 day vacation. I can easily fit 5/6 pairs of slacks and 8/9 tops and several Chico's jackets in my carry-on along with a lot of extras. I can't be without my Chico's Travelers line of clothes.

Marion ;)

Okay!

I miss the $10 watch sales. I used to buy several.

I miss the t-shirts. When O first started up they continued the great t-shirts that Ren had available. But gradually they became very generic uninteresting t-shirts (maybe the name of the shirt on the shoulder) ... and now they don't have any at all!

I'm a great purchaser of t-shirts but got none at all on the BCN-Rio cruise ... much to my disappointment. (Not even on land visits.)

We had OBC to use so I got a lovely shoulder leather bag for far more than I normally would spend, but I really would have preferred spending it on some watches and t-shirts! We had enough OBC that I could still have gotten the bag plus some t-shirts and watches.

Now maybe TPTB think that given the O demographic, people don't want t-shirts. NOT TRUE! (I can forgo the watches if I must but I really want the t-shirts.)

When we were going through the shop trying to use up our OBC it was very difficult to find anything we wanted to buy.

Mura