specialty restaurant first or last night ofcruise

CJcruzer

We received terrible service in the PG the last night on the Oosterdam, and it was crowded due to the international dinner. Is the lunch menu different from dinner?

yes, it is totally different :) and it is good!

We received terrible service in the PG the last night on the Oosterdam, and it was crowded due to the international dinner. Is the lunch menu different from dinner?

The evening Pinnacle Grill menu is in the process of being changed on all ships.

I don't know if the lunch menu will be changed or if the price will be increased:

Pinnacle Lunch Menu

Menu - $10 per person - can not be booked until you are on the ship.

Starters:

1)Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion

2)Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil

3)Lobster creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer

4)Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise

5)Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage

6)Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigritte

Entrees:

1)Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit

2)Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad

3)Lobster and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts

4)The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.

5)Bistro Steak with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes

6)Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula

7)Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:

1)Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette

2)Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate

3)Orange and lime panna cotta

4)Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections

5)Fruit plate

• 4 weeks later...

On our cruise last month on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the service and food in Tamarind was outstanding. Our experience in the Pinnacle Grill, however, was disappointing in terms of service (for the first time ever).

This is NOT a comment directed to any posters on this thread: I have often looked around the main dining room on the last night and wondered if there were more empty chairs on that night because people were dodging their waiters so as not to have to hand them "envelopes".

We don't like to do a big meal on the last night if we're flying home the next day, which we typically do. On our upcoming cruise, the last day is a sea day so I'm hoping we can book a late lunch in the PG that day and do a really light dinner.

any pros or cons regarding specialty restaurant dining - tamarind, Pinnacle Grill - on first and last nights.

any advice as to service, promptness (or lateness), etc would be appreciated.

Carol

I like to dress up for specialty dining and on the first night I don't always have our luggage yet.

On the last night, I am too busy packing to enjoy a leisurely dinner.

So I do not choose either of those nights. I like the next to last night when we can enjoy discussing the highlights of our cruise.

This is NOT a comment directed to any posters on this thread: I have often looked around the main dining room on the last night and wondered if there were more empty chairs on that night because people were dodging their waiters so as not to have to hand them "envelopes".

I don't wish to turn this thread into another tipping thread, but I read your statement and thought it would sad if this were the case. If so, HAL needs to do more to clarify and be more transparent about the tipping policy.

Back to the original post. We book the PG and the Tamarind on our last cruise on the formal nights. Formal nights hold little appeal for us and it is really nice to have the speciality restaurants as alternatives.