Do not like new rule Not a Happy Chappie

Just embarked on the Sun Princess and had a beautiful sailaway but went to purchase soda dron the Gun and was told that you cannot have a soda from the gun unless you have purchased a soda card.

I do not want a soda card I do not drink enough to make it budgetable so why cannot we have a gun soda instead of having to buy a tin at twice the price and more than I drink.

They are forcing us to spend money we do not want to spend and this is worse than normal nickle and diming

Have you come across this before or on the Dawn or Sun?

Just embarked on the Sun Princess and had a beautiful sailaway but went to purchase soda dron the Gun and was told that you cannot have a soda from the gun unless you have purchased a soda card.

I do not want a soda card I do not drink enough to make it budgetable so why cannot we have a gun soda instead of having to buy a tin at twice the price and more than I drink.

They are forcing us to spend money we do not want to spend and this is worse than normal nickle and diming

Have you come across this before or on the Dawn or Sun?

Seems like a strange rule.:confused:

What is the price difference?

I know its the principle but over a cruise what is the extra cost on a few canned soda waters?

Best buy some at your first port and give princess Nothing;)

This is why I always smuggle booze! You are allowed to purchase duty free when you leave a country same as cruiselines get it tax free, but they want to sell you tax free booze at taxable prices to up their profits.

Could you imagine a land based Hotel taking your booze off you until you check out:confused:

Admittedly its rude to use your in room BYO booze at a bar hotel or cruise ship but if you want a cabin drink now and again why cant you drink your own?

I would have no problem buying soda as the post mix is not as good or consistent as canned soda.

I worked in a Nightclub once upon a time and management got me to remove all tap tops off the cold water taps in all toilets so patrons had to buy water at inflated prices:D

Got it - worked it out - it's when they squirt your "orange drink" from a multi flavoured "gun" Oh boy - it takes awhile :p;):D

Yes pre mixed is canned or bottled, Post mix is just carbonated water mixed with whatever button they press:) Think Soda Stream:)

What is the price difference?

I know its the principle but over a cruise what is the extra cost on a few canned soda waters?

Best buy some at your first port and give princess Nothing;)

This is why I always smuggle booze! You are allowed to purchase duty free when you leave a country same as cruiselines get it tax free, but they want to sell you tax free booze at taxable prices to up their profits.

Could you imagine a land based Hotel taking your booze off you until you check out:confused:

Admittedly its rude to use your in room BYO booze at a bar hotel or cruise ship but if you want a cabin drink now and again why cant you drink your own?

I would have no problem buying soda as the post mix is not as good or consistent as canned soda.

I worked in a Nightclub once upon a time and management got me to remove all tap tops off the cold water taps in all toilets so patrons had to buy water at inflated prices:D

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free room service meals?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free evening entertainment?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free transport from city to city?

Could you ever imagine an Australian hotel guest not complaining about everything?

Yes pre mixed is canned or bottled, Post mix is just carbonated water mixed with whatever button they press:) Think Soda Stream:)

Just curious - Does pre mixed in cans or bottles taste different to post mixed?

Noticed that Yvonne asked whether anyone has come across this new policy on the Dawn or Sun before?

So how much cheaper and smaller is a gun soda than a can of the real stuff?

Could you ever imagine an Australian hotel guest not complaining about everything?

Not really - we do try and outdo the Americans - but they have set the bar too high - so that is one "sport" we will always be runners up in. :p:):rolleyes::D:eek:

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free transport from city to city?

Yes, on all five counts.:D

Not really - we do try and outdo the Americans - but they have set the bar too high - so that is one "sport" we will always be runners up in. :p:eek:

LOL, touche' :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Not really - we do try and outdo the Americans - but they have set the bar too high - so that is one "sport" we will always be runners up in. :p:):rolleyes::D:eek:

Oh Liz, I was hoping everyone would give those comments the response they deserved. (None!)

Not easy though! :)

It certainly does taste different. I would prefer the cans/bottles everytime.:D

I agree.

I do like the like the taste of what comes out of that hose.

To heck with the cost ...a can or bottle for me everytime.

It does taste so much better.:D

.. also .. a can or bottle has more "bubbles" so it doesnt go flat as fast:)

YES.

We only ever book a room that includes a free breakfast, and one hotel we stayed at , provided a free shuttle every 30 minutes to the Civic centre.

[Oh Liz, I was hoping everyone would give those comments the response they deserved. (None!)

Not easy though! :)

I've got my brave head on - I am cruising in three days - and couldn't resist. :D

I am sure Buzzmuzz made those comments in jest :eek::p What you can't take away from an Aussie is their sense of humour and ability to take flak - even if it is opinionated. :D

Edited by dizzy1948

...just on the topic of cans...

do you ever read the labels and see where some of those small cans come from?

Its very interesting....

and quite often surprising..:eek:

Cruising,including our local lines , is truly a global business .:rolleyes:

...just on the topic of cans...

do you ever read the labels and see where some of those small cans come from?

Its very interesting....

and quite often surprising..:eek:

Cruising,including our local lines , is truly a global business .:rolleyes:

Yes, Indonesia and Thailand come to mind.:D

The gun gives different soda's made on the spot with water and a flavour The taste is not as strong as the equivalent can and the glass of gun soda is smaller The price is almost half that of the canned soda.

I just was surprised that this would come about and obviously no one else has head of it I will ask the question at the officers question time if they have one

In the meantime I will bring the ans of soda from my frig (I am elite) and drink them on deck and elsewhere.