Do not like new rule Not a Happy Chappie

The gun gives different soda's made on the spot with water and a flavour The taste is not as strong as the equivalent can and the glass of gun soda is smaller The price is almost half that of the canned soda.

I just was surprised that this would come about and obviously no one else has head of it I will ask the question at the officers question time if they have one

In the meantime I will bring the ans of soda from my frig (I am elite) and drink them on deck and elsewhere.

Yes, make sure you let us know what they say. Enjoy the cruise.:D

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free room service meals?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free evening entertainment?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free transport from city to city?

Could you ever imagine an Australian hotel guest not complaining about everything?

I don't recall getting my cruise for free, to cruise in a suite I can assure you I have paid for every item you have listed. And I certainly have no complaints.:p

Update

Went to the vista for trivia and while waiting asked for a drink from the pump The serving lady said I would have to charge you for it and I replied of course it is $1.50 and she went off and served me at $1.50 so again Princess has not had a very good session of everyone being on the same song sheet!!

Update

Went to the vista for trivia and while waiting asked for a drink from the pump The serving lady said I would have to charge you for it and I replied of course it is $1.50 and she went off and served me at $1.50 so again Princess has not had a very good session of everyone being on the same song sheet!!

Maybe the original bar tender didn't know he could sell these drinks and had only served them to people with the drinks card.

Hope you have a great cruise. :)

Update

Yeah, different people have different answers. The key is finding the people that have the right answers for you.:D

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free room service meals?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free evening entertainment?

Could you imagine a land based hotel giving you free transport from city to city?

Could you ever imagine an Australian hotel guest not complaining about everything?

Yes its called Conttiki and Club Med:confused:

Nothing you have listed above on a cruise is "Free" it is "Included" and part of the price of the cruise lol and lol again at your post:D:D:D

Just curious - Does pre mixed in cans or bottles taste different to post mixed?

Noticed that Yvonne asked whether anyone has come across this new policy on the Dawn or Sun before?

Pre mixed Soda flavoured or not is gassed and pressurised when sealed into the can or Bottle so is constantly the same product unless left opened for too long.

Post mix from a bar gun is only as good as the pressure left in the CO2 bottle that is connected to the gun.

The flavours coke lemon ect are concentrated syrup that are stored in 4/5 litre containers exactly the same as a boxed wine flagon with a bladder and mixes with both water and CO2 in the pipes of the bar gun.

If the syrup is running low in the flaggon you can get a very watery drink,if the CO2 is running low on gas you can get a very flat drink.

True Top shelf drinks that have a mixer like say Gin & Tonic will come served with a small bottle or Can of Tonic. What Americans call a "Well Drink" is any brand Spirit with post mix soda:) Top shelf will come with a half poured can or bottled soda to keep consistency of the drink ;)

Flavoured soda water. Big difference. :p

BYO Flavoured Syrup, easy as. Geez glad I don't drink soft drink, just wine, cider, scotch and cognac in that order.

Edited by NSWP

Fair Dinkum....Have I got it wrong but is this topic all over soda water? Stone the Crows, there is life after soda water.

Sometimes its the little things that bug us the most.:p

PS. Don't mention the Cola war as it is over with post mix ruining both brands.

Edited by MicCanberra

Don't forget the quality of the water, flavour wise & soft/hardness wise. Also if the rats have nibbled the bladders of syrup or not & the air has gotten to them!

Post mix is mega cheap & profit margins are massive. No way would anyone want to sell the canned / bottled product over the post mix version if it's based on profits! ;)

Edited by Cruise_me_Crazy

Did not get a chance to go to a question session - if there was one - but I did not have trouble eventually getting gun soda from any of the other bars so I think the Sundowners were just 'telling fibs' so they could sell more cans.

Post mix is mega cheap & profit margins are massive. No way would anyone want to sell the canned / bottled product over the post mix version if it's based on profits! ;)

Exactly, and yet some still can't see this :D I guess they are happy to pay a little less for a whole lot less:rolleyes:

Did not get a chance to go to a question session - if there was one - but I did not have trouble eventually getting gun soda from any of the other bars so I think the Sundowners were just 'telling fibs' so they could sell more cans.

Shocking how the policies change depending on the bar. Glad it worked out for you.:D

Exactly, and yet some still can't see this I guess they are happy to pay a little less for a whole lot less

It is not that we cannot see this it is because we actually prefer the weaker taste of the gun soda and it has much less sugar in it than a can and is smaller which is also a factor.

If we have a preference and it is available why should some of the bar staff refuse to sell it without a soda card that was the original question.

Exactly, and yet some still can't see this I guess they are happy to pay a little less for a whole lot less

It is not that we cannot see this it is because we actually prefer the weaker taste of the gun soda and it has much less sugar in it than a can and is smaller which is also a factor.

If we have a preference and it is available why should some of the bar staff refuse to sell it without a soda card that was the original question.

I would have thought that any drink sale is a sale.:D

Not really - we do try and outdo the Americans - but they have set the bar too high - so that is one "sport" we will always be runners up in. :p:):rolleyes::D:eek:

LOL!!!

Well, we Yanks have to be world leaders in all aspects, I suppose.;)

Perhaps we will win the Gold should Complaining ever become a recognized sporting event in the next Olympiad.

LOL!!!

Well, we Yanks have to be world leaders in all aspects, I suppose.;)

Perhaps we will win the Gold should Complaining ever become a recognized sporting event in the next Olympiad.

Not all. I think every country has some that complain a lot and some who never complain at all. Trouble is you only hear the ones complaining.:D

Edited by MicCanberra