Sorry, Another Labadee Question

Zigggypup

Looked yesterday out of curiosity and it is still showing overbite in San Juan - they definitely should up date this
When I looked Wed, 18 Dec (see post 65), the RCI website was showing overnight in Labadee, but now I too am seeing overnight in San Juan. Why do I get the feeling RCI does know what they are doing?

Thom

When I looked Wed, 18 Dec (see post 65), the RCI website was showing overnight in Labadee, but now I too am seeing overnight in San Juan. Why do I get the feeling RCI does know what they are doing?

Thom

They have been showing the incorrect itinerary for months now. The only way I get to see the real itinerary is to log on to my reservation and look at the details that way. One day someone will wake up over at RCI........

OOOPS:o - that should have been "does NOT Know what they are doing"

Thom

PS on Wednesday evening, 19 Dec when I did a dummy booking on the RCI website, they were showing overnight in Labadee, but have now reverted to overnight in SJ.

Edited by TravelerThom

It's a March 2015 sailing on board the Quantum. Without getting into it too much, they basically butchered the itinerary. But that's not really relevant to my question. The funny thing is that if you go onto RCI's website and look at the itinerary for the March 21, 2015 sailing, it isn't correct. The only way that you are able to see the correct itinerary is to log on and go into "My cruises". Once logged on they show you the updated itinerary with an overnight in Labadee. I spoke to RCI and they confirmed the updated itinerary. I don't understand why they have been posting an incorrect itinerary on their main page. And it has been incorrect for months now.

Mistakes can be made in both (or many directions). They can be the original website information; they can be the changed information. They can be changed back. Questions can be answered correctly and incorrectly.

IMO, THIS itinerary makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

I just checked both my TA's site and another site I use for quick rates and they have the Following:

21th - Departing 5:00pm

24th - San Juan 4:00pm - 11:00pm

25th - Labadee arriving 4:30pm

26th - Labadee departing 5:00pm

29th - Cape Liberty - 8:00am

So it looks like the newest information is getting to the TA's sites.

THIS itinerary makes sense:

Day 1 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 5:00 PM

Day 2 Cruising

Day 3 Cruising

Day 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 4:00 PM Docked

Day 5 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 PM Docked

Day 6 Labadee, Haiti 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

Day 7 Cruising

Day 8 Cruising

Day 9 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 8:00 AM

I think that FURTHER confirmation and clarification are needed.

Overnight in San Juan? makes sense

Overnight in Labadee? makes NO sense

Mistakes can be made in both (or many directions). They can be the original website information; they can be the changed information. They can be changed back. Questions can be answered correctly and incorrectly.

IMO, THIS itinerary makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

THIS itinerary makes sense:

Day 1 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 5:00 PM

Day 2 Cruising

Day 3 Cruising

Day 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 4:00 PM Docked

Day 5 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 PM Docked

Day 6 Labadee, Haiti 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

Day 7 Cruising

Day 8 Cruising

Day 9 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 8:00 AM

I think that FURTHER confirmation and clarification are needed.

Overnight in San Juan? makes sense

Overnight in Labadee? makes NO sense

The revised itinerary has been confirmed. My TA called me 2 months ago and told me that San Juan was changed to a 7 hour docking and Labadee is now an overnighter. I personally confirmed this with RCI directly just 4 days ago.

Edited by Zigggypup

The revised itinerary has been confirmed. My TA called me 2 months ago and told me that San Juan was changed to a 7 hour docking and Labadee is now an overnighter. I personally confirmed this with RCI directly just 4 days ago.
San Juan overnight is back on www.RCCL.com as I write this. I don't in any way know what the final word will be, but insisting on believing something just so you can be upset about it when there are MANY cases where RCCL has proven they often don't know what they are talking about is not very productive.

San Juan overnight is back on www.RCCL.com as I write this. I don't in any way know what the final word will be, but insisting on believing something just so you can be upset about it when there are MANY cases where RCCL has proven they often don't know what they are talking about is not very productive.

Well, all I can tell you is what I know. Like I said, my TA called me when the change was made 2 months ago. And out of shear bordem I called RCI directly 4 days ago and told them about the website discrepancy. I was put on hold for about 2 minutes while she verified the itinerary. She came back on and did confirm the 7 hour stay in San Juan and the overnight in Labadee. Other than that, you know what I know. I'm not upset at this point. I am really looking forward to seeing what the spring/summer 2015 inineraries will be like. Time will tell.

Well, all I can tell you is what I know. Like I said, my TA called me when the change was made 2 months ago. And out of shear bordem I called RCI directly 4 days ago and told them about the website discrepancy. I was put on hold for about 2 minutes while she verified the itinerary. She came back on and did confirm the 7 hour stay in San Juan and the overnight in Labadee. Other than that, you know what I know. I'm not upset at this point. I am really looking forward to seeing what the spring/summer 2015 inineraries will be like. Time will tell.

I am saying that you could be told one thing today and another thing tomorrow. Sheer boredom has never moved me to believe what seems inherently insane, until proven otherwise.

:)

If you go to the RC web page search for cruises for Quantum during March 2015. On that page click on the March 21st date under 2015 Departure Dates. Next page click on the itinerary and there it is. Labadee overnight.

I am also on this same cruise and not really happy about the change. Both RCI and NCL decided to drop Samana and it has effected some schedules. I don't quite understand why the 1/3/2015 has an overnight in San Juan and the 3/21/2015 Labadee. Unless RCI is trying to see what passengers are saying about either. I have said this before, I doubt RCI will leave us with only two ports of call on an eight night cruise when most people booked it for the ports and yes the ship. If they don't change the schedule, I think many people will switch when the summer sailings are released. RCI has to know that this will happen.

If you go to the RC web page search for cruises for Quantum during March 2015. On that page click on the March 21st date under 2015 Departure Dates. Next page click on the itinerary and there it is. Labadee overnight.

I am also on this same cruise and not really happy about the change. Both RCI and NCL decided to drop Samana and it has effected some schedules. I don't quite understand why the 1/3/2015 has an overnight in San Juan and the 3/21/2015 Labadee. Unless RCI is trying to see what passengers are saying about either. I have said this before, I doubt RCI will leave us with only two ports of call on an eight night cruise when most people booked it for the ports and yes the ship. If they don't change the schedule, I think many people will switch when the summer sailings are released. RCI has to know that this will happen.

I fear that a lot of the people who have booked this cruise are not even aware of the present change. They are under no obligation to inform the passengers of the itinerary change. And I think that only a small percentage of the masses actually read Cruise Critic. I just happen to have a pretty decent TA who notifies me of any changes that she becomes aware of.

I fear that a lot of the people who have booked this cruise are not even aware of the present change. They are under no obligation to inform the passengers of the itinerary change. And I think that only a small percentage of the masses actually read Cruise Critic. I just happen to have a pretty decent TA who notifies me of any changes that she becomes aware of.

I tend to agree with you that a lot of people may not be aware of his change. Partly perhaps it is too far out and they are not checking as some of us often do. It was a good idea on your part to start this thread here within the RCI main forum page whereby it will be more visible. Not everyone signs on to the roll calls, thus some people on the 1/3/15 and 3/21/15 will not know until they see it on the main page and that is if they often frequent CC. None of us got any advise from RCI about the change.

When you are ready to give up that GS let me know :)

We were just their last Friday on the Indy and we left just at dark. The island goes to sleep...all of the employees were leaving, so I doubt the Ship will overnight. If someone falls or worse because of inadequate lighting...in which there is none.....LAWSUIT!! Big Time. This is not a City Port with Security or Lighting. So with that...NO, You will not overnight. You might be there 2 days, but your overnight will be on the ship out in the ocean!

Mike

I know how to find itineraries, and I am seeing overnight in Labadee this morning, but Wednesday evening and again last evening at 8pm it was showing overnight in San Juan [yes, for the 21 Mar 2015 cruise]. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) has major problems with IT, and OFTEN shows incorrect information [i'm not saying that other cruise corporations are much better]. If you call RCI, or any of the sister RCCL companies, you are likely to get just as many different answers as the number of times you call. I will be extremely surprised if Quantum overnights in Labadee for any number of reasons - malaria, drownings, broken limbs, you name it. I don't believe something that is ridiculous just because RCI says so.

Thom

D+

We were just their last Friday on the Indy and we left just at dark. The island goes to sleep...all of the employees were leaving, so I doubt the Ship will overnight. If someone falls or worse because of inadequate lighting...in which there is none.....LAWSUIT!! Big Time. This is not a City Port with Security or Lighting. So with that...NO, You will not overnight. You might be there 2 days, but your overnight will be on the ship out in the ocean!

Mike

That's how it stands now Mike. But we have no idea what they have planned for March of 2015. They may have a plan to get it ready for nighttime use. Granted, it's all speculation at this point. But I can't see them docking at 4:30 PM, letting people off the ship and then trying to round everybody up 2 hours later. It wouldn't take much for RCI to install nighttime lighting. This could be the start of a new Labadee with numerous overnighters in the future.

That's all well and good. But for someone that is looking to book this cruise they can be easily deceived by this error. I booked it the first day the itineraries became available. Since then they have removed Samana. Originally San Juan was a full day, now it is only from 4 PM to 11 PM. And then they added an overnighter in Labadee.

You cant do anything in Labadee after 4PM. It is a useless stop and I have no idea what RCI is thinking about doing that. I'd be at them big time over this. They ruined a stop in San Juan and now have you basically sitting doing nothing for 16 hours waiting for daybreak in Labadee. In fact, if they didn't cancel it I'd cancel the booking myself. They should put San Juan back to a full day and arrive at Labadee in the morning. I don't blame you one bit for being ticked. I sure would be.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

75% of me is convinced that the overnight is a mistake on the itinerary. The other 25% thinks I hope they get a Voodoo ceremony going in nearby Labadie so that we can at least hear the drums. :D

At this point who knows. Now it just becomes a waiting game. I don't think it's a mistake, but that is just a gut feeling based on no facts. Well, I shouldn't really say no facts. RCI did confirm to me on the phone that the change is not a mistake. All the major travel /cruise websites are now showing this new itinerary. I can't see them docking at 4:30 pm and not letting people off until the following morning. They might as well just stay out in the ocean and dock at 5am while everyone is still snoozing.

Edited by Zigggypup

Mike

You really think Quantum is going to pull away from the dock, float around over night and tie back up in the morning? If anything, RCI will coral everyone back on the ship at dust and have security on the pier over night.

How can you say there is no security at Labadee? It is impossible to get back on the pier without going through security and it is just as impossible to just walk out of RCI's fenced in compound.

You really think Quantum is going to pull away from the dock, float around over night and tie back up in the morning? If anything, RCI will coral everyone back on the ship at dust and have security on the pier over night.

How can you say there is no security at Labadee? It is impossible to get back on the pier without going through security and it is just as impossible to just walk out of RCI's fenced in compound.

Makes no sense to dock at 4:30 in the afternoon if they are not going to let people off the ship.

I am sure security will be very prevalent to keep issues from occuring.

But, tresspassing and theft does occur at night when the ships are gone.

This past summer on our Allure of the seas sailing (July 14th.) the dragons coaster was closed because some of the "islanders" broke thru the security gates and stole the cables for the ride.

We found out the morning when we docked that that ride was closed, and later found out why. (CL).

I do not know how many days it remained closed, but I am sure that event in itself opened the eyes of RCI to tighten security.

Now if the newest ship is docking overnight, RCI would have to guarantee the safety of its passengers.

Sea Ya

That's how it stands now Mike. But we have no idea what they have planned for March of 2015. They may have a plan to get it ready for nighttime use. Granted, it's all speculation at this point. But I can't see them docking at 4:30 PM, letting people off the ship and then trying to round everybody up 2 hours later. It wouldn't take much for RCI to install nighttime lighting. This could be the start of a new Labadee with numerous overnighters in the future.

I agree based on speculation that I am interested in. Will be fun to watch in the coming months.