can I check-in but actually board hours later?

Now there is another report on the boards somewhere where a young couple showed up at 245 to board their ship in fort lauderdale and 230 was the deadline for checking in and people saw them walking away from ship with their luggage and they were denied boarding.

I saw that I think it was either Trainman or MrFunInTheSun from Brilliance out of Tampa that reported that. Pretty scary!

Good Luck!

Thank you so much, everyone. I will definitely check in AND board the boat. I'll check on muster time and all aboard time then. Hopefully the internet will work well enough that I won't have to get off the boat again. Hopefully! I will certainly let you all know how this works out.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to follow up with you wonderful people and tell you what happened on Saturday.

I did try to use my iphone 5 through Verizon for wireless but I couldn't even load a page. Thus, I just went with my family and checked in at 1pm. We were on the boat by 1:30pm. We had lunch then I took a cab back to the Sheraton. I taught class at the Sheraton from 3:30 to 6:30pm, then cabbed back and got back on. I was back on the boat by 6:42pm. All aboard was 7pm and muster was 8pm.

Everything worked perfectly and I really appreciate all the help and advice I received her. You all were amazing!

Thanks again!

I'd like to follow up with you wonderful people and tell you what happened on Saturday.

I did try to use my iphone 5 through Verizon for wireless but I couldn't even load a page. Thus, I just went with my family and checked in at 1pm. We were on the boat by 1:30pm. We had lunch then I took a cab back to the Sheraton. I taught class at the Sheraton from 3:30 to 6:30pm, then cabbed back and got back on. I was back on the boat by 6:42pm. All aboard was 7pm and muster was 8pm.

Everything worked perfectly and I really appreciate all the help and advice I received her. You all were amazing!

Thanks again!

Nice to know it worked out, and thanks for reporting the 8pm muster.

What ship were you on again? Can't seem to find it in this thread.

Edited by clarea

yes, especially in San Juan. We checked in, but actually boarded, ate lunch in WJ, dropped off our carry ons in the cabin around 1 and left the ship and walked around old san juan. Totally enjoyed walking back through the ports duty free shops tasting the free liquor samples for a second time. :D

I don't think they'll have burly guards to strong-arm you onto the ship against your will. There shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you check to see what documentation you will need to get back into the terminal (they usually take your SetSail Pass).

I'd like to follow up with you wonderful people and tell you what happened on Saturday... I was back on the boat by 6:42pm. All aboard was 7pm and muster was 8pm. Everything worked perfectly and I really appreciate all the help and advice I received her. You all were amazing! Thanks again!
Glad that it all worked out. I see All Aboard was indeed 90 minutes prior to sailing, despite all the claims being made otherwise by some. Hope the rest of the trip went just as well!

Thom