PG @ $29. Tamarind @ $20. Canaletto same

Thebes

We looked at the new Canaletto menu and thought we would have a hard time making choices based on 2 small plates, 1 pasta and 1 main.

We could agree on the 2 small plates, but would want totally different pastas and mains.

What happens in this case? This doesn't sound very good for couples!

We just got back from our Hawaii/Mexico cruise where we had booked all 25 nights (except for Le Cirque ) in advance.

I have not read the entire thread but I do have to speak to the new menu change in the Pinnacle Grill that started on the Mexico portion of our cruise.

What they took away first: The Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup, The Steak Diane, all of the skewers, all of the lobster dishes ( with the exception of the Lobster Bisque). No more tableside preparation.

What they added: A stuffed eggplant and a risotto dish - both vegetarian. A tomato broth with frou frou salad. A Cioppino dish ( which was decent but needed less white fish and more shell fish).

They have also added crablegs for a $20 additional upcharge and Caviar with blini for an additional $35 upcharge. Above and beyond what you pay for dinner.

As Steak Diane and Lobster tails are two of my favorite meals there we were quite disappointed with the new menu.

The Pinnacle staff and manager were excellent and the food was outstanding.

Edited by kakalina

We just got back from our Hawaii/Mexico cruise where we had booked all 25 nights (except for Le Cirque ) in advance.

I have not read the entire thread but I do have to speak to the new menu change in the Pinnacle Grill that started on the Mexico portion of our cruise.

What they took away first: The Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup, The Steak Diane, all of the skewers, all of the lobster dishes ( with the exception of the Lobster Bisque). No more tableside preparation.

What they added: A stuffed eggplant and a risotto dish - both vegetarian. A tomato broth with frou frou salad. A Cioppino dish ( which was decent but needed less white fish and more shell fish).

They have also added crablegs for a $20 additional upcharge and Caviar with blini for an additional $35 upcharge. Above and beyond what you pay for dinner.

As Steak Diane and Lobster tails are two of my favorite meals there we were quite disappointed with the new menu.

Welcome Home!!

The menu has been posted and I started a thread on Monday when I discovered that the price of the Pinnacle had gone up overnight -- now $29 per person.

On our last cruise we ate every dinner between the Pinnacle and Tamarind. Nor our spring cruise we had already booked the Pinnacle for every night. I was just adding extra nights to our fall cruise when I discovered the new prices.

Also Le Cirque has gone up to $49.

How was your cruise?

Are you going to do a review?

Happy New Year

This is the first I have seen that the lobster went away - say it isn't so!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

I just want to clarify. I assume you had dry aged steaks at that price. I haven't seen any indication that the PG uses dry aged meats. Can someone confirm that?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

All the meat on HAL, and I would guess other lines, is frozen. I have heard this on the galley tour in the past and again from the Pinnacle Manager on the Ryndam last week. So the steaks will not compare to Morton’s or Ruth’s Chris. But that is the reason the meals are not priced like Morton’s or Ruth’s Chris.

All the meat on HAL, and I would guess other lines, is frozen. I have heard this on the galley tour in the past and again from the Pinnacle Manager on the Ryndam last week. So the steaks will not compare to Morton’s or Ruth’s Chris. But that is the reason the meals are not priced like Morton’s or Ruth’s Chris.

I assumed that, I was making the comment in response to someone referring to steaks from a high end steak house. I believe all meats have to come on board frozen to meet health code standards.

This is the first I have seen that the lobster went away - say it isn't so!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

It is true.

New menu in case you have not seen it:

The Pinnacle Dinner is $29 per person. You can book the dinner either online, through Ship’s Services at 1-800-541-1576 or once you are on the ship.

THE BEGINNING

TOMATO BROTH WITH SPICY LEMONGRASS CHICKEN

with flavors of kaffir lime and cilantro

LOBSTER BISQUE

crème fraîche and aged cognac

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

brandy horseradish cocktail sauce

CAESAR SALAD

heart of romaine, grated parmesan cheese, garlic

croutons, anchovies and house-made dressing

BEEFSTEAK TOMATO AND BASIL

sliced red onion, pesto, extra virgin

olive oil and balsamic reduction

* STEAK TARTARE

seasoned finely-chopped Double R Ranch beef

accompanied with parsley, cornichon, capers and red onion

JUMBO-LUMP CRAB CAKES

sweet chili-mustard sauce

* OSCIETRA MALOSSOL CAVIAR $45

served on ice with crème fraîche and buckwheat blini

THE GRILL

DOUBLE R RANCH STEAKS

served with your choice of hand-crafted sauce:

sun-dried tomato ° master chef ’s green peppercorn ° béarnaise ° horseradish-mustard ° hollandaise ° maitre d’ garlic butter

* 7OZ. PETITE FILET MIGNON

* 10 OZ. FILET MIGNON

* 23 OZ. PORTERHOUSE

* 12 OZ NEW YORK STRIP STEAK

* 18 OZ. BONE-IN RIB EYE STEAK

* GRILLED COLORADO LAMB CHOPS

spiced apple chutney, fresh mint sauce

* DOUBLE-CUT KUROBUTA PORK CHOP

marinated in rosemary, garlic and pepper vinegar with scallions

ROASTED JIDORI CHICKEN WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS

cider vinegar jus, forbiden rice cake with quinoa and apricot, mâche salad and toasted pistachio nuts

SEAFOOD

* BROILED ALASKAN KING SALMON

with lemon garlic herb splash

KING CRAB LEGS $20

your choice steamed or broiled served with drawn butter

* CEDAR PLANKED PACIFIC HALIBUT WITH SHRIMP SCAMPI

roasted garlic and cilantro butter

WEST COAST STYLE SEAFOOD CIOPPINO

tomato braised clams, mussels, shrimp, Alaskan crab and halibut

THE VEGETARIAN INTRIGUE

BAKED-STUFFED EGGPLANT

ragoût of zucchini, onion, eggplant and tomato on creamy polenta

WILD MUSHROOM RAVIOLI

in pesto cream sauce

ROASTED PUMPKIN RISOTTO

mascarpone cheese and Swiss chard

SHAREABLE SIDES

wilted spinach - sautéed mushrooms - baby carrots - grilled asparagus

Brussels sprouts with Parmesan and pancetta - classic whipped potatoes - shoestring fries with truffle aïoli

INDIVIDUAL SIDE

jumbo baked Idaho potato

Holland America Line only serves sustainable seafood

THE FINALE

NOT-SO-CLASSIC BAKED ALASKA

Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream with Bing cherries jubilee

WARM GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE VOLCANO CAKE

the ultimate chocolate experience

PINNACLE SOUFFLÉ

vanilla soufflé with base of mixed berry compote and finished with molten Drambuie cream truffle

LEMON-BRÛLÉE TART

blueberry whipped cream

CREAMY HOMEMADE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE

served with fresh berries

FRESH BERRIES

with a Sabayon sauce

PREMIUM ICE CREAM AND SORBET

DAILY CHEESE PLATE

Much like the new Canaletto menu, nothing on the new Pinnacle Grill menu even sounds good to me.

There's $39 I can save on the next cruise. And it means I'm one fewer person to compete for reservations. Win-Win for everyone.

Much like the new Canaletto menu, nothing on the new Pinnacle Grill menu even sounds good to me.

There's $39 I can save on the next cruise. And it means I'm one fewer person to compete for reservations. Win-Win for everyone.

NOTHING on the PG sounds good? That's a shame. Just wondering what you would like to see on the menu that would entice you to make a reservation. ;)

I like the Pinnacle menu. There are a few things I miss such as the French Onion Soup, Northwest Clam Chowder and tableside caesar salad but some of them have been off the menu for a while. I'll miss the caesar salad for sure but we will continue to dine in Pinnacle at least twice a week on our cruises. We always enjoy our evenings there.

Thanks for listing the menu in bold letters KK. There is plenty in that menu for a newbie like me to choose from. Glad I didn't see the old one so I don't have a point of reference. 18 OZ rib eye for me and I'm in heaven. LoL. Go PG !!!!!!!

Thanks for listing the menu in bold letters KK. There is plenty in that menu for a newbie like me to choose from. Glad I didn't see the old one so I don't have a point of reference. 18 OZ rib eye for me and I'm in heaven. LoL. Go PG !!!!!!!

An 18 OZ rib eye isn't good enough unless it is a

very good 18 OZ rib eye. ;)

We will have to judge if the quality remains to the level

it has been to date.

You're right Sail. at this point , I just wanna get to cruise away from this dreary weather in NW. My DW loves the Tamarind menu and so do I but to some extent. We ended up booking 6 nights there. It will be only a flight stairs up from our cabin. We booked one PG till we see if we like it.

Wow KK, they've changed it again since last week! I guess they are still fine tuning it. Three days ago I very much enjoyed the veal chop I see it has been replaced with a pork chop. sigh

The quality of the food was still totally wonderful. They steaks were fork cutting tender ( for the most part ) and the rest of the food was the same.

When they switched to the new menu on the 22nd. the sharable sides came as single servings. The next night we ordered as for single servings and got enough to feed four as sides. The following night we asked first and were told they were sharable again. They are still working it out.

I want to see the lobster back and the steak Diane. They already have the steak - how hard can the mushroom sauce be?

KK - I don't think I will do a review. That could change though.

IMO, six nights is too many nights in Tamarind for a 14 day cruise. We love Tamarind but that is more nights than we would dine there.

Of course, everyone decides that for themselves.

Six nights of the chicken pho - yum! I love that stuff! I had it four nights on our last cruise.

I will miss the steak Diane at the PG. That was my favourite.

I think I probably ate 6 times in the tamarind on my 15 day Eurodam cruise. I was getting a bit sick of it at the point but could really go for some of it now. No way could I eat at the pinnacle that much.

Wow. Wonder if I will have the same experience as you Cruz chic. My plan is to try all the 4 fire entrees and 2 of the water entrees :)

I'm sure we will love the ambiance too being on top of ship and having windows makes it better.

Wow. Wonder if I will have the same experience as you Cruz chic. My plan is to try all the 4 fire entrees and 2 of the water entrees :)

I'm sure we will love the ambiance too being on top of ship and having windows makes it better.

My problem is that I'm a creature of habit. I stick to about 2 meals there so it's easy to get tired of it.

For our 14 days cruises, we likely would go to Pinnacle 4 nights, Tamarind 2 or 3, maybe once in Canaletto and rest in MDR unless we have a late night in port. If we sail late, we almost always have dinner ashore.

For our 14 days cruises, we likely would go to Pinnacle 4 nights, Tamarind 2 or 3, maybe once in Canaletto and rest in MDR unless we have a late night in port. If we sail late, we almost always have dinner ashore.

Yup. Sounds reasonable. We plan on dinner for sure in SJ. Was actually wondering if the tour we're taking " favors of SJ" will provide sufficient samples from different restaurants that we might not have room for dinner after that. We are ok gaining a couple pounds while on the cruise but no more than 4 lbs or we have to be at the gym everyday which might be impossible.